Coming to Power

Hello!

It’s a pleasure to finally be able to post on here.

I find myself placed in the middle of a turbulent internal conflict, trying to maintain the self imposed restraint.

Instead of having tl;dr story-time, I just have a simple question that’s been buzzing around in my head since it all started:

How could someone such as myself come to power? What can I do to realize my potential and break free of the chains of the material world and its keepers? Why is it them and not me who gets to be in control?

I just want to be the one who’s empowered and not feel a victim of this constant subjugation. Maybe this is a naive wish or possibly even an uninformed one... but nonetheless it’s what I want. I need some direction
because working for these people is not going to cut it.

Here’s my chart:

I’ve taken some time to uncover what the root cause of my frustration is. Here’s something I feel worth noting.

Power, wealth, prosperity are about the patterns of thought that permeate throughout a person’s mind. This goes way back to the notion of the universe being mental. So, if our thoughts are shrouded in frustration, anger, and an overall energy of scarcity, then our reality will remain in the darkness being projected from the depths of the subconscious mind.

I came to an understanding of what I’m sure other people have at some point called Jovian thought patterns. These thought sequences surely give off the vibrational energy of Jupiter, the planet that represents abundance and blessings.

I don’t really think my Jupiter is a strong position and it’s definitely not in good aspect with Saturn or my Moon, this could shed some light on why I feel this way, but also the viscous negative energy created from the friction of other oppositions can be enough to drive me in the direction that would contribute to some less gracious attitudes and more destructive thinking patterns.

I’ll continue to try to balance the dissonance within and practice more Jovian thought patterns not simply for the sake of wealth but also to align myself with higher vibrations. I tended to be more of the skeptic, I could never understand how someone could be given to acts of generous behavior that would clearly put their present situation into detriment. The difference was they would believe in the clarity of their vision for the future, that no matter what they did they had something coming to them and they where in gratitude to that and all around them for making that thing they envisioned happen for them.

This will undoubtedly require some deep reprogramming.

It’s been a while since I’ve been here. Reading my old post, I feel like an alien to what I was after with this. I was close on my last post to realizing how small my ego really was making my life, but not fully there. The self-exploration is still underway but now I feel more conscious and awake than before. I know now that I’m everything and not some separate entity. For the first time in my life I actually have experienced love on a massive scale. This oneness, this ever deepening awareness... I’m so happy this is occurring. I know now that nothing is wrong as I am where I’m supposed to be doing this thing along with all of you here.

This is what real power is supposed to feel like.

hi ginton,

welcome to skyscript! you have been here a while, but no one has commented, perhaps as it is mostly about your personal chart and no one feels inclined...

it is interesting your thread title - coming to power - and your chart with pluto exactly on the descendant... if you read up on pluto, there are a lot of power themes connected to it in the astro literature... perhaps the most powerful one is being able to let go of power and let something else step in to transcend so much of the conflict that is generated with power, loss of power, accumulation of power and etc. etc... i am not sure what that would be in your case, but i just found the coincidence of your focus on power and the close aspect with pluto on the descendant kind of provocative!

looking a bit further into your chart - a nice trine between mars and pluto exists, as does one that includes saturn.. the modern term for these 3 planets in the configuration they are in is a grand trine, with the additional opposition to saturn by moon making it into a kite pattern.. anyway - you can look this up if you are into it... jupiter is an important planet in all of this focus on aspects, as it is the planet at the top of the opposition involving saturn-moon... good luck figuring it all out!

cheers james

Hello - that is great to hear that you are changing your way of thinking to something more humanitarian based versus seeking power for yourself. Perhaps that is the 11th house influence of Saturn ruling your 10th. I am a very 11th house person and often think on a group level and more broadly than on how things impact an individual, especially in a group setting such as vocation. I think that would be a better way to use that Saturn because if used for personal power, Saturn in Aries at night and being elevated and and opposite Moon could show potential for corruption if not kept in check, due to some indications of disconnect of feelings and maybe even struggling with an impulse for cruelty at times, especially with Pluto involved. Your nodes are heavily involved here especially. Usually the nodes are more positive after you reach maturity (such as after age 40) but I have also heard that if you repeat the same mistakes with the nodes that can lead to a downfall or removal of things it normally would grant, such as wisdom and stability from Saturn or intellect and clarity of emotions with the Moon. Jupiter is in mutual reception with Saturn in the 8th lording the 7th and 11th and likely also emphasizes that it would be better to help others in some capacity but that your income is probably in part dictated by partnership or a group of people rather than working alone. Venus conjunct Mars sextile Moon is a positive influence that helps you be more compassionate and think in a more balanced way also, especially with Moon in Libra and altogether this would suggest being charismatic also and this could work in your favor for reaching others. Moon with the NN I mentioned in another post can be problematic though and can show some struggle with mental health or at least an immature way of emotional expression that can appear alienating to others. Some people with this can be more hungry for attention and neglect the emotional needs of others so it is good that Venus is involved and I also see Jupiter helping with that. Mercury pretty strong and lording the 1st and 2nd in aspect with Pluto also shows your words have power but the retro movement can show that your decisions are not always steady and you change your mind a lot and have trouble sticking to plans. The 2nd in some astrological systems rules the voice (but also vocation). Some of my favorite singers have Pluto actually in the 2nd because their voices are so powerful (and sometimes a bit dark and deep and can use their voice in powerful ways, such as impacting others and transforming them), but Pluto aspecting the 2nd ruler could also influence the voice in obvious ways like this. I would think one way to use this is via writing and public speaking, or other creative expressions, especially 2nd ruler in the 5th.

Regarding coming to power though, Chris Brennan is an expert on ways to predict that so I would look at his website or possibly ask for a consultation. He uses profections of certain lots, etc.

Thank you for your helpful and encouraging responses!
Tanit3333 wrote: I am a very 11th house person and often think on a group level and more broadly than on how things impact an individual, especially in a group setting such as vocation. I think that would be a better way to use that Saturn because if used for personal power, Saturn in Aries at night and being elevated and and opposite Moon could show potential for corruption if not kept in check, due to some indications of disconnect of feelings and maybe even struggling with an impulse for cruelty at times, especially with Pluto involved. Your nodes are heavily involved here especially. Usually the nodes are more positive after you reach maturity (such as after age 40) but I have also heard that if you repeat the same mistakes with the nodes that can lead to a downfall or removal of things it normally would grant, such as wisdom and stability from Saturn or intellect and clarity of emotions with the Moon. Jupiter is in mutual reception with Saturn in the 8th lording the 7th and 11th and likely also emphasizes that it would be better to help others in some capacity but that your income is probably in part dictated by partnership or a group of people rather than working alone.
Uranus conjunct MC in the 9th house and exalted in Aquarius also could add to this humanitarian awareness, but of course Neptune, for me, was conjunct Transit Pluto and Saturn so idk which of those planets is really causing this but it’s not that important now.

Some months ago, I had finally achieved a profound clarity about these aspects. I was able to really see how Saturnine and Plutonian energy was ruling my behavioral patterns and predispositions. I was for a long time, in reality, very cruel, controlling, and full of contempt for other people. As I had said in a previous post, the inclination to cunning and underhanded tactics to remain in control of my life situation was a huge theme. No compassion, no love, no trust, and a hard loner exterior. I knew this after a while and oddly trusted astrology to be a more objective way of seeing what I was putting out into the world.

When I would enter relationships, the clingy nature of Moon in Libra, as you said, was overly one-sided and ultimately drove potential friends and partners away. I had given up on relationships and then had a mystical experience (ego death) in March. All of my boundaries dissolved. The monster I had created of myself was like a deer in headlights in the face of universal love. All of the energy my ego fed off of was shown to be a big part of the game I was playing as Ego, but there is something behind all of that to realize. Life, Nature, and Humanity.
Tanit3333 wrote: Some of my favorite singers have Pluto actually in the 2nd because their voices are so powerful (and sometimes a bit dark and deep and can use their voice in powerful ways, such as impacting others and transforming them), but Pluto aspecting the 2nd ruler could also influence the voice in obvious ways like this. I would think one way to use this is via writing and public speaking, or other creative expressions, especially 2nd ruler in the 5th.
This is a great thing to hear! The plan so far has been to stick to a sufficiently complex syntax of language (mathematics and programming in my case) that would allow for personal challenge, creativity, and subordination of my practically inclined intellect to a group I can enjoy working for. My mind's always changing and evolving but yeah I think wealth will be found in some way by joining some group rather than starting it alone and chasing power.
Tanit3333 wrote:Regarding coming to power though, Chris Brennan is an expert on ways to predict that so I would look at his website or possibly ask for a consultation. He uses profections of certain lots, etc.
Thanks again for your detailed and helpful response! I'll check Chris's deals.

Ginton - syntax of language and mathematics/coding makes a lot of sense and you have some indications of likelihood for above average intelligence, if not possibly genius with the influence of Uranus. Your chart is a very interesting combination of a rational and intuitive person, which is not very common - usually people are predominantly one over the other. Thanks for sharing and good luck to you.