NFL and College American Football, 2018

It's the start of a new American Football season. Each week I will select a few NFL and College games and attempt to predict the winners of the games.
I only pick the winner of the game, not who will beat the spread.
I only use astrology and pay no attention to statistics or point spreads.
I use very simple chart criteria. The ascendant is neither too high or too low. The Moon is not Void of Course nor in the Via Combusta or in Scorpio.
Let's try Virginia Tech. at Florida St. on Monday, Sept. 3rd.

Florida St. is the 1st. and Jupiter. Virginia Tech. is the away team and Mercury.
Jupiter is peregrine in Scorpio in the 8th.

Mercury is exalted by a mutual reception with the Sun. Being in mutual reception is very favorable and indicates the away team can get itself out of any trouble it gets into.

Neptune, exalted in the 1st. is favorable as far as dignity but I think Neptune indicates mental issues and Florida St. may be self-delusional.

Virginia Tech. should come from behind to win.

Sunday has Miami playing LSU on a neutral field in Arlington Texas. LSU is supposed to be the designated home team and I would pick them. All I'm going to say is whoever wears the home team jerseys should win.

Virginia Tech. didn't have to come from behind and beat Florida St. handily, 24-3
LSU beat Miami 33-17 on Sunday. I said the team that wore the home jerseys would win and neither team wore home colors. LSU wore white and Miami wore their alternate orange jerseys. Miami's home jerseys are dark green. Orange is a third color they sometimes wear at home or the road. They will wear orange once at home and again on the road this season. That means we should default to the designated home team which would be LSU.
This Thursday we have Atlanta at Philadelphia.
Philadelphia is the 1st. Aries and Mars. Atlanta is the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Mars is Void of Course in the 11th. and Venus is exalted and not yet Void of Course in its own house.

Uranus in the 1st. shows the unexpected and disorganization for the home team. Especially with it applying to a trine to Mercury in the 6th.

Atlanta should win the game.

In other games: Chicago should win against Green Bay Sunday night.
San Jose St. should win at Washington St. Saturday night. I'm not really sure about this game since both significators are Void of Course.
I think USC should beat Stanford.

Last Week was a bad week for me in that my predictions went 0-4
Philadelphia beat Atlanta 18-12. In my defense, the game was delayed by weather for an hour and by the time of kickoff the ascendent had moved from Aries to Taurus.
Chicago was cruising to an easy win at halftime with Aaron Rogers knocked out of the game. Rogers came back in the 2nd. half and Chicago gave up playing defense. Green Bay eeked out a win 24-23
Washington St. had no trouble with San Jose St. 31-0 in a game with both significators Void of Course.
Stanford easily beat USC 17-3
But, I am undeterred.
The Moon is in Scorpio until late Saturday and the only good game for picking I can find is Seattle at Chicago on Monday night.

Chicago is the 1st. Aries and Mars. Seattle is the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Venus and Mars are exalted by face through mutual reception and Venus is in its own house. However, Venus is in Scorpio and in Via Combusta.

I'm going to side with the home team here and Chicago should win.

JohnOfArc wrote:You are good with your analysis. Anyway you can teach me?
Naturally, I'm only an amateur at this and I'm not qualified to teach anyone. All these sports picks I do as an example and I welcome others to offer their own suggestions which might work better than mine.

Last week Chicago had little trouble beating Seattle 24-17
This week I will try the Thursday game, NY Jets at Cleveland.

Cleveland is the 1st. Aries and Mars. The Jets are the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Mars is exalted by face, through mutual reception with Venus in the 10th.
Venus is exalted in its own house, by a mutual reception with Jupiter by terms and by face through mutual reception with Mars.

I don't like Venus in Scorpio but it's placement in the 7th. gives the away team the advantage.

I think the Jets should win here.

In other games:

Tulsa should beat Temple on Friday.
Washington St. has the advantage at USC on Saturday.
The New England Pats. should win at Detroit on Sunday.
Pittsburgh should beat Tampa Bay on Monday.

Last week, Baker Mayfield had his NFL debut and led Cleveland to a win over the Jets 21-17
Temple beat Tulsa 31-17
Washington St. lead USC most of the game but USC eeked out a win 39-36
The Patriots were helpless and Detroit won 26-10
Pittsburgh beat Tampa Bay 30-27
This week I will try North Carolina at Miami on Thursday.

Miami is the 1st. Aries and Mars. N. Carolina is the 7th. Libra and Venus.
Venus and Mars are exalted by face through a mutual reception with Mars in the 10th. and Venus in the 7th.

Venus is in its own house but as we have seen the last couple of weeks that's not such a big deal, especially considering Venus is in Scorpio and Via Combusta.

Miami should win here.

Hi Nipoleon,

That's decent of you to post your working.

I tried this a few years ago.

I also heard people say that Jupiter rules the "Winner". Saturn the "Loser" ?

And I'd add generally don't be afraid to call it "Unknown" or "Unknowable".

I think it is mistake many make after they've had some success they feel that everything can be "Seen" ...

Certainly "Patience" is needed.

I think also you have to consider what is going on in your own chart.

Cheers,

H
Last edited by WooWoo on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think the chart always tells the truth. It's simply a matter of recognizing the truth the chart is trying to tell us.
Modern Astrology has more tools than ever in history and astrologers today are capable of seeing more than ever. The real problem now is in the interpretation of what we see. We have to admit that most of what we know about chart reading is the knowledge that's been passed down from one person to the next. We read Lilly or Evangeline Adams and try to apply what they tell us and they are only telling us what they have learned from their sources, but there's never been a real study done which finds what really works.
Sometimes Astrology works amazingly well, sometimes it doesn't work at all. It's not a matter of Astrology working, it does, it just doesn't do it all the time. What's happening when it does?
I believe it's telling us, we just don't have the knowledge to see it clearly.

Last week Miami had little trouble beating N. Carolina 47-10
This week I will try the Thursday night game Tulsa at Houston.

Houston is the 1st. Aries and Mars. Tulsa is the 7th. Libra and Venus.

Both Venus and Mars are peregrine. Venus is in its own house though in the Via Combusta and as we have learned the last few weeks is not good.
Mercury is exalted by terms in the 7th. but applies only to a semi-sextile to Jupiter.
Uranus is in the 1st. but is retrograde and at such a low degree it renders it Void of Course.
Because of the better chart placement of Mars, I'm going to side with the home team here.

Houston should win.

On Friday night we have Georgia Tech. at Louisville and I think Louisville should win.

Do you put a "Wee" tenner on your Predictions Nip ?

An On-Line Betting Account with a $50 starting deposit, and just quietly work away with $10 bets even if the odds aren't great.

It does add another dimension to the Thought Process. You seem to have a Steady Hand.

I'm going to study your Posts a bit harder now. I might even follow my own fore mentioned advice.

H

Do you put a "Wee" tenner on your Predictions Nip ?
Actually yes. Back when I lived in Las Vegas I did bet on football using astrology with mixed results. I did have a few big winners betting big underdogs on the money line but I also had losers as well. My techniques were not so good then and I like to think I've learned a lot since.

I have moved to Oklahoma the last 2 years and there is no sports betting here (yet ). So all this is purely for entertainment now.

I can tell you when you find a heavy favorite with a Void of Course significator you should definitely think about putting some money on the dog.