are we going to make money off this property?

question - are we going to make money off this property?

answer - yes.

horary astrology is not my main focus in astrology.. please feel free to chime in with any ideas that i haven't touched on that you think i would benefit from.. thanks..

astro rationale for answer...

venus, ruler of ascendant in it's fall, is applying to jupiter in scorpio in the 2nd.. moon - ruler of 10th is applying to venus, but both are essentially 12th house in nature.. there is no connection with ruler of the ascendant and ruler of the 2nd - venus and mars... mars, as ruler of the 2nd is retrograde and on the south node.. these are negative testimonies in themselves..

moon as querent is applying to both saturn - ruler of 4th/5th and uranus by trine..there is mutual reception between mars and saturn to some extent..

overall, it doesn't immediately look promising, but perhaps due the mutual reception of mars/saturn with moon/venus applying helps here.. jupiter in scorpio in the 2nd in itself says the money is there, but there seems to be a problem with the querent making a connection to it... that is as much as i can get with my limited horary knowledge...

hi tanit,

a friend asked me the question.. i tried to answer the question! her question is as follows 'are we going to make money off this property?

they presently own the property and are renting it out.. they have ran into some problems as a consequence of who they have focused on renting it out to..

is that clear enough?

thanks
james

That makes more sense and makes a difference with significators because if they were asking about income from selling, this would be more focused on the buyer (7th) and their income (8th) and whether it would be going to the querent's pocket (2nd) or not. Tenants are 6th house and the 6th ruler is in the 2nd and the 2nd ruler is in the 5th house of money from property (2nd from the 4th). The 2nd ruler is Mars retrograde in that house (although close to the orb of the 4th - either way, it is not great), which is difficult and suggests loss (Mars in financial questions often shows loss of money), especially since Mars previously squared Jupiter and will again when it turns direct (suggesting a long-lasting problem), but at the same time the tenants are Jupiter in the 2nd and Jupiter expands money and is in a fixed sign, so there is both addition of money and loss, where they may not make a profit but break even or make a slight profit. The SN is also arguably in the 4th (and even in the 5th house of profit from land, this would suggest difficulty). The Moon is in an early degree and will aspect Saturn via trine from the 11th before it aspects Venus. Venus will not aspect Jupiter until after Moon translates the light of Saturn to Venus and the Moon rules the 10th house. The 10th can suggest a lot of different things, such as justice being served (maybe the current tenants need to be removed?) but also success, but the Moon above the earth in a day chart and has triplicity (a minor dignity) and trine Saturn without reception would more likely not indicate riches, but something more modest. If they have to take the tenants to court due to problems, this would suggest the hearing would be in the querent's favor. The property appears to have a lot of value as Saturn dignified but it is also retrograde and is Saturn, which can be a lot of effort and trouble but with great effort one often sees fruits of your labor with Saturn - more so down the road rather than immediate. If they are looking for immediate financial success and are struggling to get by right now, I would doubt that things would improve right away and would think it might be better to sell, since the property is likely valuable and Sun and NN in the 10th would suggest it would get a fair or good profit (10th is the price of property for sale), although Sun soon enters Leo, its dignity, which could mean the value might go up relatively soon.

In most financial questions, readers also look at where the PoF is placed. For example, if it is in the 2nd (or perhaps 4th or 5th) that is considered more auspicious.

I am not a financial astrologer though and don't really like money questions, but just my observations. I hope whatever happens that it works in their favor.

Unrelated, but this Moon-Venus conjunction tonight was beautiful. I haven't seen Venus in a while.

thanks tanit,

yes - moon/venus conjunction in the western sky last night was quite beautiful and seems to have cast a positive light on general dynamics too!

i understand what you are saying and thank you for taking the time to state it.. derivative houses are used more frequently then i realize in horary.. mars in the 2nd from the 4th for example and what that implies on the financial front, as - it all makes sense on a simple level.. how would that work with mars in the 12th house of the house signified by the tenants - the 6th? would that imply that the tenants generally don't have the money, or find getting the money to pay the rent challenging? i am just exploring this a bit too much? as you know, one can use derivative houses as used in vedic/ indian astrology and the possibilities seem almost limitless!

regarding the squares of mars and jupiter... technically mars hadn't made it to the exact square to jupiter as it went retro before it made it that far.. and, the upcoming square of mars to jupiter doesn't happen until after jupiter changes signs and goes into sag..the date of the mars-jupiter square is approx nov 20th at about 2 sag-pisces.. i wonder about how a change of sign might connect to a change of tenant in the case of jupiter ruling the 6th..

thanks for your thoughts here!

In my experience, aspects that don't perfect but are still within orb are still felt on some level and show problems when malefics are involved, and Mars seems to show money being wasted, for whatever reason (and it would not matter which house it is in if it rules the 2nd, but the amount would likely be different). Plus, Mars disposits Jupiter, so they are linked and Jupiter is in the 2nd. However, Mars is not in a fire sign and is below the earth in a day chart, is with the SN, so it is less wasteful and would not be as bad with money quickly leaving as it could be. The fact that it is retro seems more so the problem to me and often this could manifest as a difficult profection year. Mars representing the 2nd house in general can show problems with money, but it is also in the house relating to the source of income, showing the source of income is a problem. Mars is not a very stable sort of planet and has ups and downs. If Mars was in the 6th but still ruling the 2nd, it would still be an issue but Mars has joy in the 6th and is a little more positive. Mars in the house of tenants could show destructive or combative tenants, though. If Mars rules the 2nd in a cadent house in general, that can show less loss of money than if it were angular, but I have heard financial astrologers describe 2nd ruler malefics in the 12th undignified as making bad choices at least once that lead to bankruptcy or loss of significant income (maybe more so with Saturn as the 2nd ruler) - they gave an example of a billionaire who spent money on mines after being told it was a bad idea. The person was still a billionaire, though.

Overall, the chart has a lot of positive indicators but the querent in fall and Mars involved in their finances are the main symbols showing problems, as well as the property being so burdensome and a lot of work. Venus in fall could show that they don't have much experience or are hating this process (feel like they are in hostile territory with the tenants, etc.), but Venus does pretty well in earth signs because it is her triplicity and she likes material sorts of matters like money. Still, in the day she is more hot (as well as the Moon), suggesting decrease in potential for money. They are in a more lucky house and it suggests some prosperity in spite of any dignity issues and lact of sect (Venus and Moon at night would be more moist and show better potential for monetary increase). The Moon in an early degree and increasing in light after a more recent new moon also suggests this matter perhaps in the beginning phase (either renting the home or dealing with these tenants).

Traditionally, Mars in a house related to finance can show someone who gambles money away, spends without thinking things through, or just in general that money ends up leaving quickly (such as due to theft or bad choices). Sometimes it helps to look at their natal transits and profections and see if they are going through any difficult transits related to money to get a better idea about how long problems will last. If Mars is a problem, luckily its influence doesn't last long - unless it is a profection year.

I would look at 5th for earnings off the property.

1st ia Libra = venus for the person
5th is Aquarius= Saturn represents the money earned from this property
6th could be their tenants, but 7th could be the person as well.
I would go too much into it just because the question is direct.

Saturn ruling the 5th to e shows there may be some limitation or delay in the ability to make the type of money this person desires to make from it.

Venus is in Virgo which is house of fall
Venus does have dignity by triplicity, but no other dignity.
This can put her in an unfavorable spot to act. She is in 11th which
right now could only indicate a wish/desire she has. Fall could put her in a position of not being put in a disgraceful position, not respected/listen to, or even noticed. Maybe she doesn't want to be the one leasing it and she will be
leaving it to a property manager/real estate agen to deal witht he people.

Saturn earnings from the property is in 3rd house under capricorn. This gives this planet dignity by sign placement. Saturn is in Venus' triplcity and term. To me that is favorable. There is reception there. Saturn though is retrograde which is a form od debility. It may be she won't get the rental price she will desire.

There is a trine between venus and saturn, but it is separating. So that is not in favor to me I would like to see it aspecting. Did she get an offer on the rental space for a cheaper price than she quoted? Did she reject such offer? Is there a lot of stuff that is coming up about the property that needs fixing? So separating of earnings from property which may be as simple as they have to reinvest the profit part of the monthly rent received back into the property.

The co-ruler of this question "Will they make any money off this property?" is moon.
Moon and Venus does have an aspect and both are in same sign/house. This could still herald just a wish since they are both in 11th. The aspect is around 5 degrees applying.

For their person earnings, 2nd house is Mars.
Saturn ruler of 5th representing earning from property is in Mars exaltation sign. So to me I think that is a positive view, but mars is also retrograde which is a detriment.

Mars is in 4th and it is retrograde..it may show they are going to lose money at first either because they won't go down on how much they want to charge for it or maybe some stuff needs to still be fixed.

With the Venus and moon applying aspect I think they will make money from the property at to the point of having extra money in their pocket by the rent covering the mortagage/taxes on the house/property.

The aspect is 5 degres..moon is faster moving planet. They are in a succeedant house and in mutable sign. The faster moving planet is moon.
we could break it down to..days weeks months or weeks months years.
that would fall in the middle column. So weeks or months.
It could take 5 weeks to 5 months before they start making money.

I think Yes, they will make money from the property, but they may not feel it is profitable for the next 5 weeks to 5 months because of some possible expense.

(going to look up to see what others have said.)
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.

thanks eleanor... those are all good and valid insights on the chart... your comments on the separating aspect with venus and saturn - that paragraph - are good.. they are renting it out and the people are not fully stable, so that is part of it.. the other part is the house may continue to need work and servicing which will also eat into any profit... it is being worked out and i think 5 months down the road - or the distance from moon to venus as you note - will work out in their favour.. they are presently renting to some folks are that reformed addiction people.. it is being paid for by the state... this is the hard part and it may not work out.. they could change to renting to a family and that might indeed be an easier and more direct route to take to feel a sense of easiness, or to make the situation more easy... i suspect they will work this out and that the original plan they had might have to change.. it is an old house, but they got it for a very good price and the value of the house itself has gone up considerably.. however, they are working out keeping it going and that hinges on who they are renting it to...

for the record - although i don't do horary and it isn't my focus, i have a different approach to the use of houses too! for me the moon/venus is in the 12th... obviously i read house positions differently then the typical horary astrologer here.. same deal saturn and mars, as i tend to put them in the house cusp they share with the sign.. but this takes nothing away from either your or tanits comments which i truly appreciate.. thanks!

Most horary astrologers use Regiomontanus and 5 degree orb house rules, but it takes time to figure out what works for you. To me, the only time I find whole house helpful is in cases where there are a lot of early and/or late degree planets and you are feeling confused about which house they are more likely to be in.

Thanks much for the feedback.

I use regio for like location because it never happens that 1 house (intercepted) swallows a whole sign and 1/3rd of the proceeding and following sign.

In cases where I may visit a place that this happens to a chart. I use EC (asc) since horary has a focus really from the 1st house.

That is how I approach horary personally. Placidius the house cusps rarely are dramatically different then regio.
Let the cookie crumble how it will crumble.