Deb,

Your last post has been very illuminating and a great help to my understanding the issue. Now I feel that I got the core idea to deal with the electional technicalities.

The task of electing a good time appears to be easy now.

Many thanks :brows

Hi folks,

Before closing the issue let me tell you about my final decison for electing a good time to quit smoking.Election was made in accordance with advice on this thread.

The date I come up with is the 14th of August 2005 where :

1) ASC is in taurus, a fix sign to benefit from endurance when I quit.It also makes a partile trine with my natal MC and placed in natal first house which makes it well placed,

2) Sun, being the significator of will power is in leo (fix sign again) and in the 4th house,

3) Mars, which is the ruler of the 12th house (self undoing) is severely debilitated by being in taurus and in the twelfth house of the election chart.Mars is the planet which has the highest debility both essentially and accidentally in the election chart.

4) Venus, the sixth house ruler (habits) is in virgo where she is in fall.Well, it also rules ASC, which is required to be dignified, but given the other constraints there seems to be no better choice.

5) Moon has essentially only face dignity but well placed in the 7th house, fast and applying to sun by trine and to jupiter by sextile.

6) None of the natal angles are afflicted by the angles or planets of the election chart.

I hope this is a good election if not perfect. :'
If anyone thinks that I missed something crucial please do let me know.

I will also let you know about the outcome of this election.