Where do you find Dow historical charts or data?

I have searched without success to find precise historical charts or data for the Dow. It is so frustrating, there are online some historical charts but they are hard to read with the dates a long way from the price line, and not precise at all, for example you have to infer that maybe the Dow low in 1962 was roughly a third way through the year. Another site invited you to enter dates, and I entered 01/01/1962 to 01/01/1963 and came up with "no results found". Another site only offered an inflation adjusted chart, which isn't what I am looking for, I want the raw numbers.

Has this data been deliberately withheld by some regulation? It is so frustrating when I am trying to locate the exact Dow low in 1962, for instance....

Rocko wrote:One of the best freebies is Yahoo Finance. But as to 1962 I'm NOT sure you'll get it but try there.

H
Thanks. Yes Yahoo Finance have nice clear charts, and lines you can pull across the charts to connect the price with a date, that writes the date and price too. As you say, I doubt if they do 1962, or anything very far back, but I will have a look as the clarity and precision of their charts are nice.

Re: DJIA historical data

Bulletbobb wrote:I have links to this data if you haven't gotten it already.

CRW
No I haven't found any precise historical data. There are some long term charts but they don't show anything like daily prices for more than five years ago.

I have searched everywhere and never been able to find it.