Paul wrote: I personally do use them and find that they can add more colour or nuance to the interpretation.

we all have bad days, perhaps you got him/her on a bad day.
It's what I think!
Well, I think I was on a bad day when I chose him. I won't go into detail due to ethical issues, but I found all his interpretations on the internet later.
Yes, he is a traditional astrologer.
But I think outer planets are important. Any information we can have, may become a new clue about what we are looking for in life.
Tanit3333 wrote: It is important before paying money for astrological services to make sure that the style of the astrologer aligns with the type of reading you are looking for. Sometimes they can give you example readings so that you can get a feel for what to expect.

No one will ever be more interested in your chart than you though, so if you want to understand your chart, I think the best way is to basically do what you are doing - ask questions, look at other resources, etc.

After this disappointment, I dedicated my studies to astrology deeper, but even the books I find offer separate interpretations.

An example reading based on an artist or kings maps when you already know their whole life makes easy to identify which points are highlighted (that was the reason I chose him), but to take as base a map of unknown becomes complicated.
That's why I try to study my own map carefully and also my family's in order to find out what energies I need to work on and find my hidden potentials! :D

Thank you all for the dedication and help!