What different methods were you thinking of?:

A free astrological reading to a stable lad who gives one of us an 'inside' tip, or a dodgy carrot fed to the favourite? :???:
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

I was open to suggestions! Both of your ideas sound interesting, although the carrot is not to be taken seriously, honestly. :)

For the 2000gns Addey gives Pluto, or if you want only traditional planets, Mars, both by conjunction, and both in Capricorn.

Perhaps Saxon Warrior at 4/1

BTW John, the favourite is Gustav Klimt.

An alternative method for Addey is to combine it with the anagram method: next aspect Mars equals Masar.

I'll post Ascending degree choices before the race starts.

Sunday's 1000gns raises two interesting issues.

First, as the race is at the same time as the 2000gns but a day later, the C5 cusp is just a degree or so further on. Again we have Pluto then Mars.

Secondly the Moon is at 29CP53 about as VoC as you can get. Does this mean that the race can not be predicted and we are deluded to try? I think we might need a different approach than Addey. The void Moon seems the dominant factor, moving from earth to air. That suggests 'I Can Fly' and the void gives us 'Wild Illusion', perhaps the two in a reverse forecast :) My fun bet.

Adding more names to the 2000 Guineas. I can't discount O'Brien's entries but those looking for an outsider there's Headway ( a taste of Mars again)

The first instinct to call Saxon Warrior proved correct, again O'Brien's horses weren't to be overlooked. Maybe the dodgy carrot method is the way to go :shock:

As for tomorrow, some of the longer odds horses include Wild Illusion and Laurens. For even longer odds, Varian comes in with Altyn Orda and Madeline.

On Friday we have the Oaks and Saturday the Derby. I am old enough to remember the Derby being mid-week, on Wednesday I think. Progress I suppose. Initial thoughts are:

For the Oaks I am looking at Forever Together (VE in Cancer).

In the Derby the favourite is Saxon Warrior (odds-on), which I will give a miss. It won the 2000gns. Perhaps Young Rascal might work for UR in Taurus.