One year anniversary at Skyscript.

Hi there,

Today is my one year anniversary at Skyscript and I’d like to say thank you to our moderator Paul and the horary forum. I’m still quite a beginner at Skyscript but compared to where I was a year ago, I have improved a lot.

I’m going to post an exercise horary for those who are interested. I had several horary candidates to pick from but in the end decided on the missing serrated knife, since today is Tuesday, a Mars day.

“Where is that serrated knife????

One day I wanted to use the serrated knife (with brown wooden handle) but the knife wasn’t at the usual location. Later, I saw my partner was using my favorite little (but sharp) Japanese knife to cut a loaf of bread. I asked him why he was not using the serrated knife and he said he couldn’t find it. According to him, he looked through all the drawers, etc. but failed to find it. So again, I searched for the knife (this time more carefully) but I couldn’t find it. Strange, our kitchen is small -- where did it go?

So I erected a horary chart. Cancer at the cusp of 2nd house. The Moon is in 1st house, not far from me – I’m sure it is in the kitchen somewhere but where? I looked up the appropriate rulerships and searched accordingly but again I failed. So I thought perhaps the knife might be represented by Mars. Therefore, I checked the position of Mars. It’s just entered into 9th house with Aquarius at the cusp.

Eventually, I located the knife and was amazed.

So here is the chart. The answer is at the bottom (but those who want to try out their horary skill, don’t scroll all the way down).

https://i.postimg.cc/fTC1myz7/where-is- ... -19310.png

The Answer:

The knife was in the right drawer but wasn’t where it is supposed to be. Somehow it ended up underneath a pile of white plastic forks (I should have reduced them earlier). It was standing sideways, flat against the inside wall of the drawer, under one of the kitchen counters. I finally found it after I started to take out one by one all utensils, etc. -- otherwise it could have stayed hidden for a while.
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This chart reminds me of a missing button chart I had where a couch button had fallen off and I was worried that my dog had swallowed it, but I had forgotten that I put it away in a drawer and the chart jogged my memorry. The 2nd ruler was in the 1st (but was also retrograde), here the Moon, and likewise the Moon was applying to a benefic, which shows finding the object yourself. The PoF is also in the 2nd house. I agree that knives are Mars, and Mercury separating from it could be describing you losing it, but the Moon ruling the 2nd is capable of describing the object also. Venus can show white things and might be describing other utensils in the drawer, but ultimately it shows you are capable of finding the object.

Tanit3333 wrote: I agree that knives are Mars, and Mercury separating from it could be describing you losing it, but the Moon ruling the 2nd is capable of describing the object also. Venus can show white things and might be describing other utensils in the drawer, but ultimately it shows you are capable of finding the object.
Thanks, Tanit -- the Moon played main part of that serrated knife after all.

I kept two utensil drawers; one for the big ones and the other for the small spoons, forks, etc. In the small utensil drawer, all utensils are kept in the white utensil tray which occupies most of the space there. Two small knives (the serrated one and a Japanese kitchen knife) are also kept in that tray. There's a little space between the utensil tray and the inside wall of the drawer and that's where I kept some plastic forks.

Gemini describes "walls" and that's where the knife was found, as I mentioned earlier, "It was standing sideways, flat against the inside wall of the drawer, somehow it ended up underneath a pile of white plastic forks". I don't know why it was there (I guess one of us did it) . . . it's a mystery. :???: