Parents' question - which house?

Hi,
I've trying to interpretate some charts for my parents.
I already gotta find my mother's answers easily considering the 10th as first one (because it was only about her). The same happened with my father - 4th house as first one (when it was only about him). The answers were concretized.

But I've been facing difficult to answer a lot of questions (even mine!) and I'm not sure if the problem is me (mental confusion due to personal problems) or I'm looking at the wrong houses/rulers to interpretate the maps.
Why? My parents are making questions together. Sometimes I consider the 10th House as the first one, sometimes, 4th, but even considering the 1st House I cannot come to any conclusion.
I thought the 10th House would be appropriate, but sometimes the ruler don't make any aspect.
So, in your experience, which house should I look at it when both of my parents make the question for me?
:???:

If they are making questions, why do they need a house assigned? If they ask you directly, they are the 1st house. If two people are involved it will likely have a dual sign, such as Gemini, Pisces or Virgo. When my two sisters ask me questions they are the 1st house and always in a dual sign (either the significator or the house)

If you have trouble with reading your charts, ask yourself if the planet and house describe that person. Often it will make connections to their natal symbolism or just describe them physically. That is the best way to know if a significator works and is something we are always supposed to do. The planet should always describe the querent and their situation. For example, I had a black dog who was very perceptive and he always had a Scorpio cusp. My mother has Jupiter in Libra and she was represented that way in horary. If you know the astrological themes of a person, it helps to identify them in a chart.

Hi Tanit!

I got the answer when I turned the chart to 4th House. Actually, I think my personal problems were affecting my readings that month.

Making connections to their natal symbolism, they both have Scorpio rising and in the Horary Chart Scorpio was rising.
Turning the chart to 10th, it would be Cancer rising (represeting my father)
Just to confirm my answer for that occasion, I turned to 4th House and represented my mother's sign and the goal of the question.

Thanks for your answer!
I'll pay attention to this detail from now on! :D