radical or not that is the question

Hi there! Me again :D My friend asked the question at 29minutes and thirty secs after midnight early this morning "Will I sell the pub for the price I want within the next two months?" Edinburgh 0029 30mins 24 March 2008

ok Early ASC 3Degrees 39 Sagittarius
Moon VOC
Moon in Via Combusta
Moon Slow

Not so good to start I admit

However there is a sextile between the significators Jupiter the Querant and Mercury the buyer. Its not a strong aspects but at least a positive one. I am undecided about whether Venus is significator for the Pub ruler of H10 or Mars ruler H4. The pub is also on its own grounds with many rooms (it used to be an hotel) And Mercury (buyer) also conjucts Venus (The business) So here we have a few positive aspects versus the negative ones. The Moons last aspect a trine with Neptune describes a feeling of misery and hopelessness. Which is apt. I also notice a minor reception Moon and Mercury in triplicities

Maybe a wee soft whisper of a yes? Can anyone help please?

Stan[/b]

Another couple of things I've noticed is that the tight conjunction with Mercury (buyer) and Venus (the pub) is only 12 minutes of a degree from partile, which I think strengthens the aspect somewhat. Maybe a strong connection with a potential buyer and the very old pub (circa 1700 or something). My friend the owner mentioned that three parties were interested and that the brewery were also trying to help a buyer with loans etc. Where would we look for the main supplier (brewery) in this chart?

Stan

Hi Stan,

You're correct to take L1 as the seller and L7 as the potential buyer. L4 is the property (no matter that it is a business with grounds etc, it is still 4th house). L10 is the price - its condition will show whether the price is good or not (bearing in mind the condition of L4 - is the property in a good condition to attract a high price?). Also make sure you check out the 8th house - this is the buyer's money! You want to see a nice healthy planet indicating they have lots of money!

Then you look at aspects and receptions to see if there is an applying connection between seller and buyer. Remember the aspect needs to be applying to indicate future developments. Check the ephemeris to see if planets are moving fast, slow, or about to go retrograde ;)

Hope this helps.

Keren

Thank you Keren, So even although we have a VOC moon and early ascendant do you think the chart is radical? There certainly is an applying sextile with Jupiter (querant & seller) and Mercury (buyer) and if Venus represents the price then the buyer Merc is in applying conjuction 12mins arc is good enough for a yes?

Stan

Hi Stanstar,

As Venus is exalted in Pisces, and Mercury is in fall, I wonder whether this means that the price is out of reach for the buyer? A move to conjunct would make a 'yes', but I would be cautious with that VOC moon; neither Jupiter nor Mercury have much [any] dignity, both being in fall. They may have the *intention* to act (applying sextile) but not the *willpower* (being in fall) to actually do it. I'm not sure a weak Mercury can override the dignities of Venus in this matter...

But to answer the original question; a void moon doesn't mean a chart isn't radical or readable, and neither does an early/late ascendant. These should be taken as cautions, however, that the answer may be slightly tricky...
Cheers,
GH :)

Gunhilde well spotted! I didn't notice that Venus was Exhaulted AND Mercury and Jupiter were in fall. That makes such a difference doesn't it! Sugar! In my case using Solar Fire and looking in the horary page it gives you a numerical score + or - and me being rather a Lazy Libran that gives me the excuse not to use my brain anymore! :-T.

[[list]quote]As Venus is exalted in Pisces, and Mercury is in fall, I wonder whether this means that the price is out of reach for the buyer? A move to conjunct would make a 'yes', but I would be cautious with that VOC moon; neither Jupiter nor Mercury have much [any] dignity, both being in fall. They may have the *intention* to act (applying sextile) but not the *willpower* (being in fall) to actually do it. I'm not sure a weak Mercury can override the dignities of Venus in this matter...[/list] [/quote]

Maybe in this case the weak Mercury with the very close conjuction with Venus could also mean that the buyer (Mercury) is so weak on his/her own they want to buy AND at the price they think they can get it with the help from the brewery who is willing to give them the loan. Something of that sort. So they may feel weak but with the help of the brewery's backing they are stronger.

Stan
PS can anyone tell me how to post with other peoples quotes properly?

LOL. You first hit the quote button up yonder like so
and then you cut and paste (well, I do. There's probably some other way but I'm a bit of a Luddite in such matters). And then you hit the "Quote*" sign, like so...
and you should have a quote.

GH :)

you mean like this then...

[quote]and then you cut and paste (well, I do. There's probably some other way but I'm a bit of a Luddite in such matters). And then you hit the "Quote*" sign, like so...
and you should have a quote. [/quote]

here's hopin'

Stan :???:

When you hit 'Reply to post' you get a blue reply window up, yes? That says "Post a reply". Underneath the subject box are several buttons. One says "Quote". Hit that one first. Like so:
then you put whatever it is you're quoting in, and then hit the same button, which now says: "Quote*". Like so:
Yes?

I wonder why the actual 'typing' is coming up in your post, and not the 'quote-maker thingmie'. ?? I have no idea....

GH :???:

Hi Stan

I just checked the code in your post to see what the problem is. You have checked the box that says "Disable BBCode in this post" - this is probably done by default if you choose to disable BBcode in your user settings. If you remove the check from this box when posting, your quotes will appear as they should.

Regards
Deb

Just testing :???:
I just checked the code in your post to see what the problem is. You have checked the box that says "Disable BBCode in this post" - this is probably done by default if you choose to disable BBcode in your user settings. If you remove the check from this box when posting, your quotes will appear as they should.
Ok Deb thank you!

Stan

Just to post what actually happened.....my friend got an offer which he was satisfied with ten days after the question which I think was indicated by the partile conjuction of Mercury (L7 buyer) and Venus (L10 price or the business) I think the business should be the L10. Anyway the deal seemed to be settled....however the buyer pulled out due to money probs. The two month period of the question has now expired without a sale. He is still trying to find a buyer. This to me sounded like a yes answer and as I was concratulating myself for such a "wise" decision the answer turned sour. Gunhilde seemed to be on the money honey! Has anyone got any input in hindsight? The answer should have been a NO. And yet there WAS an aspect between the significators.

Stan