Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Does an opposition always mean "NO"?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
voyagergirl

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Does an opposition always mean "NO"? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

I recently did a chart for -- I hate to admit it -- the very same man as before.

The chart asked whether he would have a baby in the next two years. (He is very passionate about being a father as he's never been married and has no children at the age of 44.)

The question was asked June 23, 2005, at 15:41 (3:41 p.m.) in El Paso, Texas.

4 degrees Scorpio was rising on the ascendent. But since I'm asking about a friend, I am turning the chart, which gives 11 Virgo rising as his significator. (He is a writer, so this fits.) The fifth house of children is ruled by Capricorn at 2 degrees.)

The planetary significators are Mercury and Saturn. Both are coming to an exact conjunction but the Moon in Capricon opposes them.

Does the opposition always result in a "NO"?
Sue

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, an opposition doesn not always mean no. Lilly gives an explanation of why an opposition between significators may still come to pass, including mutual reception and good houses. But he also warns that in this case if it does come to pass then it often ends up being an negative result anyway. I believe this is on page 125 of CA or thereabouts.

I am not clear about the signigicators you are using in this chart or why. Who is the querent? Is this his question and did he ask you to draw up this chart? If not, you are the querent. And is it a chart that you should be drawing up without his knowledge anyway if it doesn't really involve you? Or is the question about whether he will have children with you, perhaps a different matter?
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Oppositions Reply with quote

He is a very close friend of mine. I am using the 11th house as his significator, which is Virgo. I am not asking if he is having kids with me.
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:56 am    Post subject: Update on an old question Reply with quote

Looking back at some posts over the last few years, it's interesting to see what happened and if my horary analysis was correct.

In this horary, I'd asked about a dear friend of mine and possible parenthood. My interpretration of the chart is that he would not be a father (or at least not in a given time frame). The update is, almost four years later, he has not had any children.
yuzuru

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, voyagergirl

thanks for the updates
voyagergirl

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:35 am    Post subject: You're welcome! Reply with quote

I wish everyone would supply updates: it would be great to know how everyone's predictions turned out. After all, horary astrology is supposed to be an empirical "science" and unless people supply the answers to the questions they've asked we can't really know if the chart interpretation was accurate or not.
stanstar

Posted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too VG thank you for the updates! An essential aid to learning! In fact I must give updates myself on a few I've left behind here!

Stan Thumbs up
voyagergirl

Posted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Yes, it would be great if everyone gave updates on their past horary charts! I look forward to that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: