Another Medical Event

Hi:

I'm hoping I can get some opinions on this chart which is for a medical procedure booked for next week.

At first glance it looks horrid but maybe I'm just being dramatic. :???:

The ASC sits on the cusp of my natal 12th and the Sun, on Algol, is the apex of a T-square that includes my natal ASC.

The doctor, Saturn, is in 6 and retrograde but dignified. The treatment, Lord of 10, Mars, is in 7 but in a partile square with Uranus in 10. Oy.

I haven't worked out the dignities, etc. yet, when I do I will post them.

Any feedback greatly appreciated.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

Medical Procedure

I've always followed what the father of medicine said about not cutting or (operating) the part of the body governed by the moon. The Moon being in Gemini would mean no procedure involving the hands or arms.

Also, the 8th house rules surgery, the chart's 8th is Saturn which is in the 6th house. I'm surmising this is a long-time health issue that you've given quite a bit of thought.

Personally, I do not like Algol in the T-square with your ASC. At least this procedure is not scheduled for the New Moon on 15th. Procedures should not be performed on the New or Full Moons or eclipses.

Thanks very much for your replies moonwise and Tanit.

I ended up canceling the procedure, as things were unraveling in real life, so the chart ended up being the icing on an already-bad cake. One thing that happened was some of my pre-op lab results came back askew so I want to wait until that is remedied, otherwise healing time may be prolonged and the risk of infection greater.

Astrologically the Mars-Uranus square is still the clincher for me - angular and at 0 degrees no less - an accident waiting to happen? The doctor being retrograde, cadent and maybe slow to react - trine Mercury in Taurus - also doesn't make me feel confident. And the third strike has to be the Sun on Algol in partile sextile with the ASC.

On Thursday I think I'll be hiding under the covers hoping an asteroid doesn't hit me. :D

Thanks again.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield