I did this chart using Solar Fire and got the same ASC of 14? Capricorn. Maybe there?s a reason for all of this confusion ? Neptune is right on your ASC.

The first thing before you ask if this guy is seeing someone else is to figure out what?s going on between the two of you. If I had to describe it briefly, I?d say that nothing much is going on here. You?re Saturn, in its detriment and in the weak 6th house ? worry, all work and no play. Saturn in its detriment shows someone who is often suspicious, it?s like a person who has lost touch with the better side of life and only sees the hard realities. So that fits, you say you suspect he?s seeing someone else.

He?s the Sun in the 5th house, pleasure, fun, sex (maybe) in Cancer. There is no aspect between the two of you and by house position alone I?d say you are both in very different places.

The Moon is in the 12th house, which is the place of hopeless situations and secrets. The 6th and 12th houses are the two weakest houses in a chart, so both of your significators show that you don?t have a lot of strength in this situation. Don?t feel too bad, cause I get a lot of 12th house stuff too. That doesn?t make it good, it just tells you that you?re not alone.

As I mentioned above, Neptune is right on the cusp of the ASC. Normally I don?t mention the outer planets, unless they are angular as it is here. The ASC is you, your mind, your body and your outlook. I?d wager that Neptune here shows the confusion that you?re in over this guy. You don?t know what he?s doing or what he?s thinking.

The main thing that?s in the offing is that the Moon is going to make contact with the opposition of Mars and Jupiter. Mars and Jupiter are right about to be opposite each other along the 2nd ? 8th house axis, in short ?loss and gain.? Mars in the 2nd often shows loss of money, but since this is not a money question, we have to look at in the context of this chart. Mars in the 2nd at the abstract level is dissipation of energy. Mars is very strong being in it?s own sign. So maybe you?re wasting a lot of time worrying over this guy. Jupiter rules the 11th house of hope and is positioned in the 8th house ? loss. So Jupiter in the 8th shows that you hopes are down low. When the Moon makes contact with them, you might become more aware of how down you are and how costly this situation is to you.

Another thought. He?s in Cancer, which is a mute sign. So he doesn?t feel like talking much.

I can?t figure out what the presence of Venus and Mercury in the 6th means. They?re about to apply to be conjunct Saturn.

I don?t see another woman here really. I just don?t see much between the two of you really either.
Mark F

An apology to Sue and Mark and an update

Sue and Mark, I owe you an apology. First, Sue, you correctly insisted that if the chart were cast for 10:46 .m. on June 23, 14 Aquarius would be rising. I kept insisting I asked the question at 10:46 p.m.

But you were right all along. I checked the actual Astrodienst print out of the chart and as you said, I asked the question at 8:46 p.m., NOT 10:46.

This gives 11 Capricorn rising. And now, Neptune is in the second house, and not as Mark said, in the first as it would have been if 14 Aquarius was rising.

Since this is a "when" question, I used Frawley's rules to assess when tI could restore the friendship between us. Over the six years I've been doing charts (asking about him) I've always used the 11th house as his significator, since we are only friends. This gives Mars as his significator.

The moon at 0 Aquarius is separating from an opposition from Saturn (my significator, in its detriment as Mark pointed out) but is applying by sextile to Mars, his signifcator. The time unit is 3 degrees (for the separating aspect) and 8 degrees (for the applying aspect.)

I interpreted this to mean that the time unit would be some increment of 24. (3 X 8).

As it turned out, three days later, I got an email from him and in that email he asked why I hadn't called. We've been in touch since. So... just wanted to let you know what happened and again, I am sorry for being so stubborn about the time and probably making everyone crazy.

P.S. The 11 Capricorn rising is also the degree of HIS natal Saturn.