Mystery Chart-April 2018

It seems like an eternity since we had a Mystery chart here. Since Mercury has gone stationary direct I thought this might get your attention.
Our subject is a male. Chart time is AA Rodden rated.

Traditional delineations only please. I will steer you a bit closer to his identity once we have a few posts.

Thanks

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark!!!

let me be the first fool to comment!

some strong leadership type is indicated with sun in leo in a favourable position, north node in aries with moon applying to the north node.. part of fortune in the suns 10th house is more of the same..

moon rules the tenth... mars in the 10th lead planet rising before the sun and the ruler of the moon and north node... some type of nurturing role is implied at the same time given the placement of moon and cancer on the midheaven... military leader of a company of men?? mars rules the 2nd and 7th... maybe financial focus here as well, but moon dominates mars, so not sure about how that fits..

jupiter is the handle planet of the bucket chart... governmental, or political role is possible, but i suspect action oriented role given the sun/moon in fire....

in terms of occupation - which is mostly what i have focused on..

1) military leader..
2) very successful and well known businessman..
3) government leader or representative..

i think venus - ruler of the ascendant and 8th in the sign of virgo lends more to 2, then 1 or 3...

I always find the outer planets helpful but I know this is a traditional forum. I see more creativity than leadership. Venus is lord of the ascendant, trine Jupiter. Anyone with Mars in Cancer influential in career can have a stint in the military, though. My father had it and was in the navy, but he had many other jobs. There is an angular Mars in Cancer that makes one think of the military but the Moon rules the 10th and squares Mars and is angular, so I think this is a performer. Mars with Jupiter would more likely steer me towards military and leadership. The Moon being angular and ruling the 10th is often seen in performers or those in the public eye, especially with the Moon trine dignified Sun in flamboyant Leo. There is something aggressive and competitive in the person. They also have a disciplined mind and are likely very intelligent with Mercury dignified and conjunct Saturn in the 12th. This is someone who plans very well and is practicle and maybe likes puzzles. Mars in the 10th and on an angle could describe their work in some way, such as an athlete, but they would not just be an ordinary one and would add style to their trade. I wish I knew if Mercury was with Neptune or not - that can be common in dancers or people who are agile in their craft. He doesn't really have the chart of a musician but who knows. Some actors can be athletes also. Knowing where Uranus is might help me decide more too if they are an athele or an more original like an artist (although they maybe both?), especially since they have indications of both creativity and discipline, which could go either way.

Mars at the MC would be a warning to avoid danger because they are more likely to/did have a violent death, such as a fall (into water, etc.). Moon conjunct north node can show someone very attention-seeking and sometimes emotionally stunted. In some cases it can show insanity. This is because the north node is an influence that wants to devour or consume things and the Moon often deals with the mind and the emotions. Here it rules the 10th too soon something about them seems attention-seeking or attention hungry (T square with Mars and the ascendant too). With Mercury conjunct Saturn in the 12th and lord of the 1st in the 12th and ruling the 8th, I would wonder about mental health issues, such as depression and maybe being a slightly unstable genius. That may be besides the point, though.

Are we just identifying trade and general info or do we talk about their relationships and family and such as well?

Hello Tanit,

I partly left the outers out as I think its interesting to see what people can find using a purely ancient, medieval or renaissance approach. That is what this particular forum is about after all.

Also the outers make it very easy to find the date of the nativity.

Your hitting the mark remarkably well in several areas already so I wouldn't worry about the outers!

Tanit wrote:
Are we just identifying trade and general info or do we talk about their relationships and family and such as well?
I was thinking more about career/public life but please put in anything you think is presenting to you in the chart.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hey tanit - good comments! i agree with you having the outers would be most helpful, but i like the exercise as mark has framed it here too and see the value in having less info!

i always find it is easier to comment first, as i am less likely to get thrown off by others comments.. i hope mine didn't throw you off in a wrong direction... i think performance / entertainment is always a strong possibility with sun in leo, moon in aries combo.. more so with moon in leo, sun in aries combo... it will be fun to get the answer.... i was thinking of one of the charts i had for the former leader of pakistan which has an unconfirmed birthdate of aug 11th 1943 - general musharraf... different set up, but sun in leo, moon in sag..

i always think saturn is important to a chart... having it in the 12th here it makes more sense the person is working in some behind the scene field - a lot of the entertainment biz strikes me like 12th house, although most people think 5th house.... i also incorporate solar houses, so saturn is in the suns 2nd house - which puts more focus on finances again for me...

Just to help you guys along definitely not a politician. And in this instance no military background I am aware of.

Mark

midpoints

asc / mid - about 22 leo - close to his sun - famous indicator..

sun / venus about 6 virgo - close to mercury - another artist indicator.

venus / jupiter about 23 scorpio - close to square the asc /mid point..

mars / jupiter midpoint = the nodal axis... successful..

i give up... i quit too easily!

I will reveal his identity on Monday evening (UK time)

Mark

Yeah, I see too much emotional immaturity to be a leader or at least a very good one, and Venus-Jupiter so important would make art important in their life and Venus in Virgo has a certain perfection of beauty in art that it strives for and thinks is important - although they may never reach the perfection they see in their minds. They are likely more self focused and more focused on self improvement than improving orhers - Sun in Leo in the 11th, Moon in Aries in 7th conjunct NN and heavy 12th seems both introspective yet also outwardly expressed, so they seek themselves and then express things about themselves outwardly to others. Their chart seems a bit me-centric and a lot of celebrities seek attention for validation. I would guess for this reason they also will likely not marry and if they did it would suggest short lived ones where divorce occurs quickly. Moon-Mars T square in those 7th/10th/1st placements are difficult for getting along with others and he may be dogmatic and try to force beliefs onto others.

Sun in the 11th, especially dignified, can show having powerful friends, though and being good at making connections that are helpful in their career. It can be a lucky placement. I have it in Taurus and friends have been helpful in my career and I have met some powerful people and made good impressions with them here and there. Bill Clinton obviously has it, etc. Classically it can show the income from the father or what they pass on, I believe I read somewhere, but I rarely find this to be true. In general, I think it can show a steady income in adulthood, when placed well and other factors are not contradicting it.

So I would go with a performer who has strong physical attributes and possibly military training. Sometimes performers use Mars in their art, so it could be physical art or working with things of Mars in their art. Even though they are intelligent there aren't a lot of indicators of formal schooling and Mercury-Saturn can make formative educational years difficult (but intelligence increases over time and can lead to mastery, such as with Einstein). With the Moon in Aries so key, they seem to be on a self discovery journey more so than book learning. I often use archetypes like Deb does when looking at charts and I think of some aspects of one of my family members when looking at this chart and she is more philosopher, seeker, and artist than scholar.

3rd time lucky, lol...

tanit - i like some of your latest comments too, especially the part of relationship dynamics.. i liked the one about emotional immaturity too, lol... are you getting that straight off moon in aries, or is it a combo of mars in cancer as the only planet in water with moon in aries?? either way - i think that is accurate.. i wouldn't want to be in a relationship with this guy!

i had a thought on this which skipped my radar. til last night.. i never think of sports or sports figures, as i am so removed from sports, but the mars and focal jupiter could point to a sports figure here.. the competitive streak seems very pronounced... the hand to eye coordination would be very good for tennis, or almost any sports related situation - mercury/saturn)... this idea of a sports figure had skipped my mind, but i could see that... for some reason i think tennis more then the other sports! not sure why... is tennis a libra type sport??

Regading some immaturity, the Moon conjunct north node suggests it along with Moon and north node in Aries, but perhaps that is a bit too modern astrology. I also think the influence of Sun in Leo adds to that feeling for me. They are unlikely to be like a Paris Hilton sort of immaturity with Mercury conjunct Saturn but at least regarding their relationships with others, and possibly how they see the world is not as profound as they believe it to be. Sometimes men with Moon conjunct north node are just attracted to immature or crazy women like Paris Hilton. :lol: For men I suppose it tends to be Sun conjunct north node that adds more pronounced immaturity, such as with Donald Trump.

A lot of undignified planets here, despite the Sun and Mercury being in rulership! The chart ruler, Venus, is in fall and in the 12th house; OK, she's trine Jupiter, but it's a pretty sorry Jupiter in fall and retrograde, so I'd go with Tannit's suggestion of relationships not working out - lots of divorces and so on, and maybe secret affairs. The 7th house ruler, Mars, is also in fall, although that Mars does have some dignity using Dorothean triplicities (water sign), and is angular, and received by the Moon. So I think that Mars is going to be quite prominent in the delineation. Mars rules the 7th and also the 2nd, and that strong Mercury (I know it's conjunct Saturn, but I don't see that as "afflicted") ruling the 9th suggests someone that makes a living from educating, or running groups - maybe a charismatic leader of a group, such as a cult (9th house emphasis, and Leo Sun in 11th ruling 11th).