some questions from a newbie

Hello horary people,
Please forgive these elementary level musings from a horary learner and lurker for several weeks now.
I wonder if someone can clarify which house to use for me? On another forum a horary Q asked on behalf of a friend of the querent. The question, which was originally open ended ie ?whether my friend's marriage is heading towards its end or if they will be able to work through their issues?
has been rephrased to
?Is his marriage coming to an end'? This based on the state of mind of the friend at the time of the discussion which led to the querent asking the q.
chart details 18 July 2005 07.23 hours, 71W07 42N19; ASC is 18 Leo 06
I believe that the significators would be Merc ld of 11th for the querent?s friend and Jupiter, ld of 5th for his partner. But the querent has read in March and McEvers 'If you know this person by name, always use the 7th as that person'
That would give the Sun ld of 1st for the partner of the friend.
And with regard to the all-important what will happen, can you only base your judgement on what happens to the significators up to the point where the moon leaves the sign it?s in at the time of the question?
I started by checking the planetary hour ruler, to see if the chart was fit for judgement ( I did this manually and got Jupiter, the triplicity ruler of Leo by night.) As the q was asked in the day, do we still have agreement with the asc sign?
Many thanks for your thoughts on this.
gsg
The importance and unimportance of the self cannot be exaggerated - Reginald Blyth

Hi GS,

Just to clarify, is it the querent who has asked the question on behalf of the friend or is it the querent who is asking his/her own question? If the querent is asking the question about the friend and not for the friend then I would agree that it is 11th house/5th house. Unfortunately, I have seen many people take the advice of March and McEvers regarding using the 7th for a named person. I saw a website recently where the moderator (and horary teacher) insisted that this is the case. This has no basis in logic and is simply not correct. Of course, the 5th house is the turned 7th in this case anyway but it is a relationship chart. If it had been a question about the friend's child it would be the 5th regardless of whether the child's name was used or not.

hello sue
thanks so much for replying so soon. The querent is a friend of the person with the relationship problem but I am having trouble getting to the nittygritty of how exactly the querent came to ask this - namely was it at the behest of the friend, or off the querent's own bat. In a previous post on the aforementiioned forum s/he said " yes, this inquiry was discussed between us( ie the friend) " suggesting that the querent is acting as astrologer so therefore the radix chart should be used - ie the 1st for the person with relationship problems and the 7th for his spouse.
confusing? must be merc RX!
If I get your meaning we should use a relationship chart and 1st and 7th significators if the friend of this person knew that a horary was going to be asked or asked himself and the 11th 5th significators if the question was asked without the friend knowing that a horary could or would be done? if the latter, I have reservations as to whether the chart should be judged, as the question is so obviously nothing to do with the friend asking.... what do you think?
cheers
gsg
The importance and unimportance of the self cannot be exaggerated - Reginald Blyth