Aghhhh :)

I'm not too good at the jumps, much prefer the flat. I am tempted to say wait for Fantasy Royal Ascot, but I remember that it was a lot of work last year - so many races.

OK, I'm prepared to consider Aintree as it's only three days. :D

It might be an idea to share predictions, particularly as we tend to use different methods. Cheltenham did seem to indicate that the same horse shown by different methods tended to have a better chance.

I'm open to thoughts.

I'm ok sharing selections.

Also open to suggestions on how it is done and also how many selections are posted.
C'est la vie, say astrologers, goes to show you never can tell.

I'm in.

I've found that my results are better if I don't publish them. I've also found that I can read the chart more clearly the closer it gets to the off - the Shattered Love chart from Cheltenham is a prime example.

I'm more interested in finding the races the astrology works on.
Verum e

ModWasp wrote:I've found that my results are better if I don't publish them.
I have found the same thing. Perhaps publishing the results after the day's races would work. At least we would be able to see if agreement between different methods did really give better results.

Let's have a private league, would you like to set it up this time John. You spotted the Fantasy Aintree competition!

Astro Punters league created.

PM's sent to Modwasp and GB.

If anyone else is interested send me a message and I can forward details.

For everyone who may be interested in joining in on this forum thread(including the Grand National) I'd be ok posting one or two selections on the day, if anything is of astrological interest. I won't bother flagging up favourites, for example.

Good luck to all involved!

For everyone who may be interested in joining in on this forum thread(including the Grand National) I'd be ok posting one or two selections on the day, if anything is of astrological interest. I won't bother flagging up favourites, for example.
That's a good idea - I'm just going to post the times of the races that I think might work astrologically. Although this approach may upset some, I did make some concession earlier by tipping up the 4/1 winner Heavy Metal (1st aspect conj. Pluto) at Meydan today.
Verum e

Meanwhile....

On the run up to Aintree, I've been looking at different methods today. Whilst some races can produce more than one possibility, ignoring the more favoured horses, the less favoured horses I'll be looking out for are detailed beneath.

I'll settle for a place, or even a good performance :shock:

Navan - Flawlessly

Kempton - Swift Approval, - Lucy Mai and Soul Silver.

:lol:

I have started on the Aintree races - but JAM currently producing far too may favourites. The Fantasy Aintree scoring gives 10 x the winner's odds, so a 2/1 winner gives 20 points. However, it gives 3x a placed horse's odds, so a 7/1 placed horse gives 21 points, and if what we thought would be the winner only came 2nd, all we get is 6 points.

I am thinking of avoiding all favourites this time unless I really can't find any other indications.

Thursday's last two races are currently well over their maximum runners, so I am leaving those until the field thins a bit.

Thursday 14:50 looks like one of those amusing indicators - I almost said 'fun' :D

^^Fanfare^^

For the regular contributors in all sections of the Forum, three horses that may interest you at Aintree tomorrow!

NEVER COMPLAIN 16.05
BRAIN POWER 13.45
DEFINITLY RED 14.50

Other unusual options include:

17.15 Pluto on 5th cusp Secret Escape

16.05 Winged Crusader, Mercury square 5th cusp in Aries, Hour Lord Mars; also Moon on descendant, possibly female jockey

Good luck to all.