kemerovo fire - russia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Kemerovo_fire

this horrific event took place on sunday.. it is a fairly major event which will not be forgotten any time soon, much like the submarine disaster - kursk that happened in aug 20 2000...

i am getting the time of this event off a video on twitter that was passed onto me here - https://twitter.com/EnglishRussia1/stat ... 4803755008

it conflicts with the time given in wikipedia...

i think the astro revolves around the ascendant and midheaven ruler mercury, being in the 8th house - sationary retro... mercury in turn applies to the square of pluto which is positioned in the 5th house - of children..
pluto is at the midpoint of the ascendant/midheaven which is much the same as the midpoint of venus/mercury both positioned in the 8th house...

i suppose one could also point to the sun in the 8th in square to mars/saturn on the cusp of the 5th as well... all of this points to a serious issue involving the death of children.. i don't believe one can say this beforehand, but only after... the moon is moving away from it's close square to uranus - also in the 8th and towards an exact 135 to neptune in the 7th...

my deep condolences to the many who have been directly affected by this...

edit - image repair...
Last edited by james_m on Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi James,

Thanks for this.

James wrote:
i think the astro revolves around the ascendant and midheaven ruler mercury, being in the 8th house - sationary retro... mercury in turn applies to the square of pluto which is positioned in the 5th house - of children..
pluto is at the midpoint of the ascendant/midheaven which is much the same as the midpoint of venus/mercury both positioned in the 8th house...

i suppose one could also point to the sun in the 8th in square to mars/saturn on the cusp of the 5th as well... all of this points to a serious issue involving the death of children.. i don't believe one can say this beforehand, but only after... the moon is moving away from it's close square to uranus - also in the 8th and towards an exact 135 to neptune in the 7th...
Interesting and insightful comments. I will try not to just regurgitate your observations and note a few other points of my own if I can.

Leaving aside the vagaries of an exact timed chart here we have a general planetary configuration of both malefics (Mars and Saturn) very strong at present by sign ie exaltation (Mars) and domicile rulership (Saturn). In addition both planets are in conjunction. This conjunction is opposing the Moon (people) by whole sign in the chart you are using.

Mars seems to be all over things at present. Which fits the signification for a fire very well. Mars is the dispositor of the Sun, Mercury, Venus , Jupiter and Uranus ( Chiron too if you use it which I dont).

In contrast to the strength of the malefics both benefics are in a weakened state and both disposited by Mars. Venus is in its detriment in Aries while Jupiter is Rx. The benefics generally symbolize life affirming principles and protection from injury and harm (unless they are accidental malefics). Here their ability to provide help and protection is diminished.

Mars forms a square to the Sun. If this time is correct its interesting the MC is on the Pleiades star cluster often linked to accidents and unfortunate events. This cluster is of the nature of the Moon and Mars. While the square between the Moon and Uranus is separating it is still operative.

Mercury going stationary Rx gains greater significance ruling the ASC/MC angles and as you point out it forms a square to Pluto with Mercury the natural significator for young people and children from the 8th house.

Mars is also out of bounds at present to add to the brew.

James_M wrote:
i don't believe one can say this beforehand, but only after...
Well its a possible event chart so yes perfect for 20/20 astrology after the event. But as you suggest predicting the exact timing of something like this is another matter entirely. I haven't had time to study the last ingress chart before this tragic event (or sadly much of any astrology for a while) but I am sure it would be instructive.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly