Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mercury goes retrograde next Friday.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tanit3333

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, James. I still have 2 courses left to finish this semester until May, with one of them being one of the hardest in the program, but they mainly entail exams, which cause stress for me more so than research. My hardest exam coming up is the day that Mercury is besieged, conjunct Scheat and retrograde, so I am sure it will be fun for all students involved. I am probably applying to PhD programs as well soon.
Yuriy

Posted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:
I have Sun in Taurus with Algol as well, and Mercury is transiting my MC (which is conjunct Scheat) and trining my Uranus, and transit Uranus is conjunct my natal Mercury. During this retro period, I successfully finished two huge scientific research papers related to microorganisms and infectious diseases that took months of work during, including my final master's paper (which was a pass with good comments). It has been a lot of work and intense study. Mercury rarely signifies illness in my chart, unless I am going through a Mercury profection year. One issue I think relates to Sun conjunct Algol is anxiety for me though. I tend to get very stressed out and take it in inwardly, and it impacts me physically. I have an autoimmune disorder of the throat and when I get stressed, it causes a lot of problems in that area. Algol can show "losing one's head" and I do get carried away with worry, sometimes suffering from anxiety attacks. Mars transiting Sun might be more of an issue for me soon, but probably just more stress while finishing up my master's while working full time.

Actually the fixed stars consider influential if no more than 1 degree close to planet, though some astrologers gave bigger orb for Algol.
My Mercury around one degree from Algol, Sun just in Pleiades at 29 Taurus, but both in 8th house. Without strong sign ruler Venus in Taurus in 7th and AC in Libra at Spica-Arcturus would be much worse...
TT

Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Explanation of Tiangong-1. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/27/tiangong-1-crash-everything-you-need-to-know

Or Scientific American https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/chinese-space-station-could-crash-to-earth-on-easter-weekend/

Probably a non-event, but curious as a synchronicity to Mercury retrograde and combust, as Rocko pointed out.

I predict that if the queen farts it will be front page news in the tabloids
WooWoo

Posted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So "We" had the combustion phase last Thursday night UKT and now r.Mercury heads towards its SD, dancing with Neptune (in Pisces). Around the 23rd March that starts in earnest.

I feel this will be affecting the BREXIT situation as I think it does reduce individuals resilience.

Infact, the SD is around the 28th/29th March which is L-Day for BREXIT.

And even after the SD Mercury then has to pass thru Neptune again, till the 3rd April, a Wednesday.

Even as the Direct phase returns Mercury is still in Pisces, till the 17th April.

I think also the square from Jupiter will have changed the combustion phase too but now r.Mercury is moving away, on its own.

So if BREXIT is affected by this then things could well get really Silly.

H
Part of Fortune

Posted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Fortune wrote:

About a week before the current retrograde in Aries started, I was at the local super market and had a sudden urge to go check the magazine section (which I hardly ever visit) to see if the store was stocked with Dell’s new logic problem volume, recollecting that the last one was purchased during Mercury Rx in Capricorn (no luck finding a book this time, Sad too bad).

Hi Fleur,

Mercury Rx and doing logic problems continues…

My partner heard me complain (but not all the time) that our local supermarket’s magazine stand stopped carrying Dell’s Logic Problems. He’s been telling me to get a subscription. I said I would but kept putting it off. Finally, he said OK, here’s for your birthday and he sent for an annual subscription to Penny Dell’s Logic Problems. That was early January this year and guess what, the first copy arrived on Wed. 6th of March, a day after Mercury went retrograde in Pisces.
Yuriy

Posted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A week ago was confused by slow work load with own clients and part-time job(preferable combination for me instead of full-time job) and sent few resumes, went through some interviews.
Now I got two offers for full-time but my clients for own business came back and more work on part-time job came too.
So, still being stationary Mercury, but later have to decide to whom say "no", and what if later find out that was the wrong choice?! Sick
WooWoo

Posted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the SD d.Mercury will then pass thru Neptune again in the next few days, till into next Tuesday 2nd April. A bit further too as it eases.

I certainly tucked in to my favourite Addiction on the retro run last Weekend. And enjoyed it.

Then the square to Jupiter will kick in as Jupiter slows towards SR.

H
Tanit3333

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually the fixed stars consider influential if no more than 1 degree close to planet, though some astrologers gave bigger orb for Algol.

I am aware of orbs. William Lilly used a 5 degree orb for Caput Algol and it is a whopping -5 accidental debility, which is as bad as besiegement and combustion, for example.
Yuriy

Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit3333 wrote:
Quote:

I am aware of orbs. William Lilly used a 5 degree orb for Caput Algol and it is a whopping -5 accidental debility, which is as bad as besiegement and combustion, for example.

Its maybe because of 27-29 Taurus are The Pleiades degree with malefic influences too
WooWoo

Posted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK so at last Mercury is direct and appearing from under Neptune. And moving into square with stationing retro Jupiter.

In April soon Jupiter turns retro, followed by Pluto and later finally Saturn.

Those are some powerful changes.

And then Saturn and the North Node track each other over the Summer.

We might learn more about what the Nodes are all about.

H
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: