skyscript.co.uk
   

home articles forum events
glossary horary quiz consultations links more

Read this before using the forum
Register
FAQ
Search
View memberlist
View/edit your user profile
Log in to check your private messages
Log in
Recent additions:
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Mercury goes retrograde next Friday.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 765

Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Explanation of Tiangong-1. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/27/tiangong-1-crash-everything-you-need-to-know

Or Scientific American https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/chinese-space-station-could-crash-to-earth-on-easter-weekend/

Probably a non-event, but curious as a synchronicity to Mercury retrograde and combust, as Rocko pointed out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sabumnim



Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 163
Location: Canada

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As predicted, the Stormy Daniels legal proceedings have been met with roadblocks.

Part of it is that they haven't shown proof that Trump got served.


http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal-judge-rejects-stormy-daniels-request-expedited-trial/story?id=54095205
_________________
website: www.rj-smith.ca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabumnim



Joined: 22 May 2017
Posts: 163
Location: Canada

Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fleur wrote:
Explanation of Tiangong-1. https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/mar/27/tiangong-1-crash-everything-you-need-to-know

Or Scientific American https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/chinese-space-station-could-crash-to-earth-on-easter-weekend/

Probably a non-event, but curious as a synchronicity to Mercury retrograde and combust, as Rocko pointed out.


The biggest threat of a crash are to people living at 43 degrees north latitude, so that discounts pretty much anyone living where I live.

S.
_________________
website: www.rj-smith.ca
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
WooWoo



Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1415

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think, I hope, that things are stabilising a bit now that r.Mercury has escaped from the square to Mars and Saturn.

Though perhaps with r.Mercury in Aries there is still plenty of shooting from the hip to go ?

See UN Security Council for example.

H
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Part of Fortune



Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 317

Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-
Mercury Rx and doing logic problems

Fleur wrote:

I wondered if there were any examples of Mercury retrograde being key in positive manifestations, good things happening to people?


For me a good thing about Mercury Rx is that during this period I become quite obsessed with solving logic problems (I like doing logic puzzles). This pattern is something I noticed about two years ago just by accident. I was looking through some of my old Dover publications of Logic and Reasoning puzzles and noticed a few with recorded dates handwritten whenever I solved the particular puzzle. There is a book that had the completion note dated 2-21-2010 which was not during Mercury Rx; however, I found on the same page and the following page other dates written down as 2nd and 3rd of January, 2016. Mercury was somewhere around 0 deg. Aquarius at the time and it went on to retrograde on the 5th. (Mercury Rx brought me to revisit these pages, interesting). Since then I try to keep records and found so many of the logic problems were tackled and solved during Mercury Rx (my natal Mercury is not retrograded, by the way).

I read somewhere that there are shadow periods before and after Mercury Rx. These shadow effects are something I’ve been noticing here and there (as one example mentioned above) by comparing my interest of doing logic problem vs. other puzzles such as Sudoku, etc. I always come back to doing logic problems during the Mercury Rx. About a week before the current retrograde in Aries started, I was at the local super market and had a sudden urge to go check the magazine section (which I hardly ever visit) to see if the store was stocked with Dell’s new logic problem volume, recollecting that the last one was purchased during Mercury Rx in Capricorn (no luck finding a book this time, Sad too bad). But I started to wonder, and I looked up my ephemeris to see whether my head and heart are telling me if Mercury RX is nearby – and so it is.

-
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WooWoo



Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1415

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I remember I do watch out for Mercury going retro. But I think Mercury in this Fire and Cardinal Sign probably was reasonably strong.

Anyway we can all relax now because everything is going to be just fine.

Sick

H
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mark
Moderator


Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Posts: 4990
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko wrote:
Quote:
Anyway we can all relax now because everything is going to be just fine.


Yeah just the big bad sickle to worry about going Rx now... Laughing

Mark
_________________
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Part of Fortune



Joined: 29 May 2017
Posts: 317

Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocko wrote:
If I remember I do watch out for Mercury going retro. But I think Mercury in this Fire and Cardinal Sign probably was reasonably strong.

Anyway we can all relax now because everything is going to be just fine.

Sick

H



Not so for some quarters of the world. For instance, there was a big power outage last Saturday where my friend works. Which led to break down of many computer related things. A person who works in the computer section went to the work place and stayed there trying to fix the problem until 3:00 am Sunday morning. This morning (Monday) my friend sent me an email saying the place is a mess. It’s a big network crash and it is still going on.

As I mentioned earlier I’ve been witnessing that there are shadow periods with Mercury Rx.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WooWoo



Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 1415

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury going retrograde can drop the Markets, but there are those and there are those types of this event.

Mercury is ahead of the Sun just now. Stronger from my experience but turns retro this Wednesday and Combusts soon after the Full Moon around the 19th March.

Does it always lead the Sun before the retro phase when in Pisces ? This might explain why this Event can be a real Downer mentally.

Often necessary to suspend "hopes" for a few weeks while this passes. Things can seem to go Backwards otherwise.

The harder you try to Nail things down the worse things seem to Turn Out.

H
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanit3333



Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 827

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The week of the 18th it is also besieged and pretty close to malefic fixed stars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 765

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of Fortune wrote:
-
Mercury Rx and doing logic problems

Fleur wrote:

I wondered if there were any examples of Mercury retrograde being key in positive manifestations, good things happening to people?


For me a good thing about Mercury Rx is that during this period I become quite obsessed with solving logic problems (I like doing logic puzzles). This pattern is something I noticed about two years ago just by accident. I was looking through some of my old Dover publications of Logic and Reasoning puzzles and noticed a few with recorded dates handwritten whenever I solved the particular puzzle. There is a book that had the completion note dated 2-21-2010 which was not during Mercury Rx; however, I found on the same page and the following page other dates written down as 2nd and 3rd of January, 2016. Mercury was somewhere around 0 deg. Aquarius at the time and it went on to retrograde on the 5th. (Mercury Rx brought me to revisit these pages, interesting). Since then I try to keep records and found so many of the logic problems were tackled and solved during Mercury Rx (my natal Mercury is not retrograded, by the way).

I read somewhere that there are shadow periods before and after Mercury Rx. These shadow effects are something I’ve been noticing here and there (as one example mentioned above) by comparing my interest of doing logic problem vs. other puzzles such as Sudoku, etc. I always come back to doing logic problems during the Mercury Rx. About a week before the current retrograde in Aries started, I was at the local super market and had a sudden urge to go check the magazine section (which I hardly ever visit) to see if the store was stocked with Dell’s new logic problem volume, recollecting that the last one was purchased during Mercury Rx in Capricorn (no luck finding a book this time, Sad too bad). But I started to wonder, and I looked up my ephemeris to see whether my head and heart are telling me if Mercury RX is nearby – and so it is.

-


Thanks, this is a good example of Mercury retrograde being positive.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fleur



Joined: 05 Feb 2014
Posts: 765

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that Mercury is about to go retrograde, on 5th March at 18:21 hours. Stations at 29 degrees Pisces 36 minutes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yuriy



Joined: 03 Jan 2006
Posts: 424

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All spinning around sextile to my Mercury and Sun at the end of Taurus.
I started taking antibiotics after flu complication caused sinusitis, right when Mercury was stationary before going retrograde.
I was often experienced that sextile to my Mercury close to Algol and Sun in Pleiades not always acted in positive way, maybe due to malefic nature of those fixed stars. In addition Mars in Taurus moving toward those natal planets and also Susanna Miller predicted for Tauruses full moon around March 20th is in particularly bad time to catch some cold or flu...
The positive things that retro-Mercury often caused old projects coming back(I'm architect) and now close to signing new big contract. Yet, not a good Idea to sign any documents while retro Mercury...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tanit3333



Joined: 12 Jul 2017
Posts: 827

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have Sun in Taurus with Algol as well, and Mercury is transiting my MC (which is conjunct Scheat) and trining my Uranus, and transit Uranus is conjunct my natal Mercury. During this retro period, I successfully finished two huge scientific research papers related to microorganisms and infectious diseases that took months of work during, including my final master's paper (which was a pass with good comments). It has been a lot of work and intense study. Mercury rarely signifies illness in my chart, unless I am going through a Mercury profection year. One issue I think relates to Sun conjunct Algol is anxiety for me though. I tend to get very stressed out and take it in inwardly, and it impacts me physically. I have an autoimmune disorder of the throat and when I get stressed, it causes a lot of problems in that area. Algol can show "losing one's head" and I do get carried away with worry, sometimes suffering from anxiety attacks. Mars transiting Sun might be more of an issue for me soon, but probably just more stress while finishing up my master's while working full time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
james_m



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 3421
Location: vancouver island

Posted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanit - congrats on making it thru all the school work to this point and the pass on your final masters paper ! do you have more to do still? i get the impression you do..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
. Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

       
Contact Deborah Houlding  | terms and conditions  
All rights on all text and images reserved. Reproduction by any means is not permitted without the express
agreement of Deborah Houlding or in the case of articles by guest astrologers, the copyright owner indictated