Will I get the job/Did I get the job?

I understand the header of this question is a tad confusing. Providing some background, I was recently invited to a chat/interview mix as a potential candidate for a role. There is a rush on the hiring process and I was told to apply a day after I met with the executives.

Below is the chart - I have not received notice on the next steps. There is a 1.5 degree difference between Mars and the Moon, a separating aspect indicating something is over. That's also coincidentally when I applied, about a day and a half ago.

I am Mars in mutual reception with Jupiter who is tightly conjoined to the Ascendant, although retrograde, still a positive sign. The ruler of the MC is Mercury in Aries - a position which dignifies me. I am not sure what to think of this chart. The Moon is void and separating from me while translating the light to Venus by square (Venus is my competitor). Also my competitor Venus is in bad shape and dignifies me (perhaps Venus knows I am more suited for this role). Though a square does not instantaneously imply a "no" it does imply some sort of issue may arise?

I am also wondering if the separating conjunction means I actually received the job but was not made aware of it yet.

No you won't get the job.

Moon moves toward to nothing and the ruler of 1st in in inactive 2nd house which means you are not fit to this position.

Also the MC ruler is in square to Saturn. There is no chance of getting this gob.
It is not death that a man should fear, but he should fear never beginning to live.
Marcus Aurelius

There is some mixed testimony but overall I think you likely will be offered the job. Although Mercury does not receive Mars or Moon, it is in the sign of Mars, which suggests them approaching from your terms and there being some common energy between you (you are also both in fire signs). The Moon applies from the 2nd to Venus, the 7th ruler. Venus is often a helpful influence and the 7th and 2nd connection could show that this person is an ally and somehow helps you. Venus is in detriment but perhaps they are an outspoken woman? Since the Moon has to change signs first, there may be some sort of second step you have not done yet (or may choose to do or not at this point) that would be necessary for this aspect to be an aid. Venus is holding the light of Mercury and will next collect the light of the Moon, which is a classical indication of a person coming to aid for perfection of the matter. It is difficult with the dignity being so poor but overall I do think it points to some potential at the very least, or a close call. I have definitely seen worse for a yes.

Everything is below the earth, which is generally not great, but then you have Jupiter rising. It is a lot of sort of mixed testimony like that but I do think Venus is in particular helpful. Good luck. Is it a Mercury in Aries type of job (technology, etc.)?

Tanit3333 wrote:There is some mixed testimony but overall I think you likely will be offered the job. Although Mercury does not receive Mars or Moon, it is in the sign of Mars, which suggests them approaching from your terms and there being some common energy between you (you are also both in fire signs). The Moon applies from the 2nd to Venus, the 7th ruler. Venus is often a helpful influence and the 7th and 2nd connection could show that this person is an ally and somehow helps you. Venus is in detriment but perhaps they are an outspoken woman? Since the Moon has to change signs first, there may be some sort of second step you have not done yet (or may choose to do or not at this point) that would be necessary for this aspect to be an aid. Venus is holding the light of Mercury and will next collect the light of the Moon, which is a classical indication of a person coming to aid for perfection of the matter. It is difficult with the dignity being so poor but overall I do think it points to some potential at the very least, or a close call. I have definitely seen worse for a yes.

Everything is below the earth, which is generally not great, but then you have Jupiter rising. It is a lot of sort of mixed testimony like that but I do think Venus is in particular helpful. Good luck. Is it a Mercury in Aries type of job (technology, etc.)?
Hi Tanit and All,

I'm puzzled. Venus is in detriment but in the same sign as Mercury, won't Venus get the job? If Stellar chooses to take some second step, is it possible that some other job offer (related to the first one) comes to her?

Stellar mentioned "role" : Mercury conjunct 5th, creative, artistic job such as theater, etc. . . may be, Mercury in Aries type of role?
Last edited by Part of Fortune on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The 7th isn't always competitive. The 2nd is an aid to the 1st so I don't see Moon in the 2nd sextile Venus, the collector of light as competitive. Venus also rules the 11th, which is 2nd from the 10th, solidfying my conclusions. Venus is almost always a friendly planet also. I just noticed that Jupiter on the ASC is also trine the Sun, which is excellent in a job horary.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is what stood out to me.

A different job offer is usually a different planet not change of sign. Perhaps the change of sign is emphasizing the next phase of the process being much different than the beginning? It is hard to say what it means. It often means a change is necessary for perfection but that is vague.

I usually think of things like mechanical engineering or physics, etc. with Mercury in Aries - or something sort of cutting edge. Or debate/writing, or activism The 5th can definitely be creative or relate to children or other 5th house matters.

I believe I also remember her saying Moon in Scorpio rules her 10th, so Jupiter is probably transiting her 10th ruler and Sun is trining that - another good indication. When I see Jupiter on the ascendant I often wonder if it is a more lucky time period.
Last edited by Tanit3333 on Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tanit3333 wrote:The 7th isn't always competitive. The 2nd is an aid to the 1st so I don't see Moon in the 2nd sextile Venus, the collector of light as competitive. Venus also rules the 11th, which is 2nd from the 10th, solidfying my conclusions. Venus is almost always a friendly planet also. I just noticed that Jupiter on the ASC is also trine the Sun, which is excellent in a job horary.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is what stood out to me.

A different job offer is usually a different planet not change of sign. Perhaps the change of sign is emphasizing the next phase of the process being much different than the beginning? It is hard to say what it means. It often means a change is necessary for perfection but that is vague.

I usually think of things like mechanical engineering or physics, etc. with Mercury in Aries - or something sort of cutting edge. Or debate/writing.
Interesting, thanks Tanit.
Well, what ever the job you are applying for "Good Luck" to you, Stellar!

Tanit3333 wrote:
I believe I also remember her saying Moon in Scorpio rules her 10th, so Jupiter is probably transiting her 10th ruler and Sun is trining that - another good indication. When I see Jupiter on the ascendant I often wonder if it is a more lucky time period.
Thanks! :D

Please keep us posted. It is a tricky chart. I don't usually like it when all of the planets are below the earth or when a perfecting planet is in detriment, but we shall see if Jupiter rising (although retrograde) and trine Sun is more fortuitous than the former. At least Venus is accidentally dignified and also a benefic (which generally means the matter resolves satisfactorily and/or easily).

One thing that is especially tricky is Saturn in the mix. It almost causes prohibition by minutes but doesn't. Moon aspects Venus BARELY before Mercury aspects Saturn, or else the light of Mercury that Venus holds would be severed. Still, Saturn there might have significance, such as delay in the job, a difficult screening process, a difficult step necessary for the job, etc. The fact that you say it is a business job might just be explaining the nature of the job too though or something to do with the salary in the 2nd house. Maybe there will need to be a salary negotiation.

There is a lot of back and forth between good and bad signification that makes this chart less straight forward than one would like.