Will I complete my studies?

Hello community!

Probably still under the late full moon's influence in Sag.. I decided to post this horary chart, concerning a return to incomplete studies.

Two years ago I started a master programme in a different major to my initial studies, more like a dream of mine than a prospect for career development. It was very demanding to folllow, though, and along with some personal issues undergoing, after having finished the first year of studies there, I decided to drop out last summer. Now that the major difficulties are gone, and this master takes slowly the shape of an unfulfilled desire, I wonder if I will ever be given the chance to go back and complete the studies.
As far as the chart is concerned, I am not sure which significator I should attribute to the studies' fullfilment. Is it 9H (=general sig for higher education), 10H (=profit from Knowledge, the "exams case" as proposed by Frawley), 11H (=a wish) or 12H (= 4th from 9th, that is the end of the matter)?
If the latter, it looks promising, both significators (Moon + Sat) applying to their ruler and 12H lord, Jup. If 9H or 10H less promising (no aspect) but eventually something might work out (both 9&10H lords exalting Moon, but Venus is about to change). On the other hand PoF is unaspected by its Lord -the Moon-, and that's a negation.

I would really appreciate any ideas.

Regards,
Georgia

*Lord of hour is Venus

Hi Georgia,

It seems that the question can be interpreted as: "will I go back to school?" As you need to do that before completing it.

We need an aspect between L1, Saturn and L9, Venus. There is not one.

Both of your significators are on the 12th cusp. If this decision depends heavily on you then you are not currently in a position to choose or act.

Venus is inside the 5th cusp. Is this creative/art related by any chance?

Venus is on Algol. Algol can show a number of different things depending on the context. The overall picture may be of excess of worry, misplaced concern or another similar upsetting state of mind in relation of your master program studies. This is echoed in the close square between L12 and your significators as well as the house 12 placement. On top of that you are conjunct Pluto by antiscion. There are plenty of forces acting unfavorably.

The answer for the moment is "no", I'm afraid. However, from similar personal experience to yours and from my understanding of horary, I can tell you that that is so for now. Life circumstances change and the answer may easily be "yes" in different conditions.

So, right now this chart tells me that this is not the time to focus on these studies. Later on you may revisit the idea.

Best.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Thank you Felipe for your most profound analysis. Surely a lesson to me.

It's hard to interprete for yourself sometimes when there's much emotional involvment. A wish can be easily turned to astrological facts..

So, not only did I not see the significators' antiscia to Pluto, or 9H lord combust, but I also totally stripped of the meaning of their placement+tight aspect to the 12th and its lord respectively.

The master programme studies, by the way, were not under the rulership of Venus, rather Mercury-ruled: it was a Social Sciences master programme. My initial studies however are partly ruled by Venus, so I wonder if this is reflected by her (=initial studies?) being combust by Sun in Mercury-ruled Gemini (=intellect studies).

Thank you once more.

Georgia

You're welcome, Georgia.

The studies under investigation in this chart are a house 9 matter, so it is Venus. I only asked about creative matters because it is right inside the 5th cusp, out of curiosity. It has no bearing on the interpretation.

In the horary I practice, house rulership always has precedence over natural rulership. That makes horary simpler and more accurate. When a house ruler is not available then a natural ruler does the job.

Also, the Sun is in a different sign from Venus so, Venus is not combust. If the Sun were in Taurus it would be an interesting configuration since Venus would be the Sun's dispositor, showing a mutual influence/power. If the question was about such influence in the past then we would look at them; but that is not the core of the question, so better to leave aside, in my opinion.

Best.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net