Retrograde jupiter on Ascendant

Hi

Did a horary this week for a job related matter ("have I done enough preparation for the interview?").

My ruler (and also the 10th house ruler) was Mercury which was essentially void so I took that to mean there wasn't much more I could do.

However what bothered me was that Jupiter ( which was in any case unhappy in Virgo) was retrograde yet slap bang on the Ascendant. Now obviously if the question had been "will I get the job" and Jupiter had ruled the 10th and not been retrograde I would have taken this to be positive. But that wasn't the case.

Despite the fact that I now know the outcome of the question ( and indeed the interview), I still can't quite grasp the significance of this Jupiter.

I've tried searching around for examples but haven't had much luck. There is plenty about Saturn retrograde on Asc. but almost nothing about Jupiter in the same position.

Does anyone have any examples or thoughts about this?
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts

Re: Retrograde jupiter on Ascendant

amelia wrote:
There is plenty about Saturn retrograde on Asc. but almost nothing about Jupiter in the same position.

Does anyone have any examples or thoughts about this?
There is lots about Saturn on AC because Saturn in 1st house is a precaution against judgement.

Jup on AC could ;
1. describe the querent.
2. signify something that is relevant to the question e.g. jup rules 7th house so "the competition" for the job.
3. If Jup is above the AC it could signify something weighing on the querent's mind.

Thanks Pallas Athene and Morpheus for your responses.

In this case
3. If Jup is above the AC it could signify something weighing on the querent's mind.
wasn't relevant - Asc was at 13 degrees and Jupiter at 15 degrees.

That leaves
2. signify something that is relevant to the question e.g. jup rules 7th house so "the competition" for the job
and
Jupiter smack on the ascendant speaks of 7th ruler the 'competition', which is an integral part of Job horaries.

That is possible. The process had reached the stage where the applications had been narrowed down to 6 ( including me) and they were being interviewed by a panel. However it was not the last stage in the process with an assessment day to follow for the 3 selected from the 6 the following week :roll:

What happened was that I got through the panel but they asked some questions I hadn't thought of in preparation and they said that some of my answers weren't good enough though my questions to them were!

None of the candidates were considered ideal at that stage. So perhaps that is what Jupiter in detriment shows; that no one was deemed totally perfect and the retrograde - that we were invited back anyway?
1. describe the querent.
see also above

My ruler ( Mercury) was also the ruler of the job - though at that point the horary was only concerned with me being prepared for the interview, not actually getting the job ( due to the various stages) . As I said it was void ( and in aries in 8th). So perhaps using Jupiter as a co-ruler would have worked.

But as I said I took the void Mercury as an answer ( it was correct in a way - I was as prepared as I could be since, even though there were things I hadn't considered, more time wouldn't have led me to think of them!!!)

I might post the chart later plus another horary I did much later in the process as the final outcome is rather interesting.
"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper" Eden Phillpotts