Trine from fall - who gets hurt?

Hello everyone, not been here for a while. I am experiencing a brain by-pass and wonder if you can help.

There is currently an applying trine from Moon in Aries to Saturn in Sag.

I have become confused about Reception.

Moon receives Saturn from the place of his fall.

Therefore,

1. the moon can only damage Saturn.

Or

2. saturn will damage the moon.

Which is it? :???:

Hi PallasAthene,

In theory, in your example, The Moon harms Saturn.

BUT:

1)
There are charts where receptions are irrelevant. The same for aspects. So, to determine this correctly one needs context or else one may make a mistake in interpretation.

2)
Suppose Saturn is an accidental malefic (ie.- L6, L12, L8, or L7 as "the enemy") then Saturn harms the Moon no matter what the receptions are; that is assuming the Moon is a relevant significator or the querent's co-significator. Again, we need context.

Correct horary interpretation always requires correct understanding of context as context determines how or if a "rule" should or should not be applied.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

Hi Felipe

I've also assigned a lack of trust to "fall" along with rejection etc. Also "letting down". Either the querent doesn't trust the quesited or else lets them down in some way eg. doesn't turn up for the date or forgets their wallet....

As the recipient, any form of unrequited love is experienced as harm or damage, wouldn't you agree?

Having revisited the chart, the moon was void and saturn was only in face of moon.... so perhaps there was not so much harm experienced by saturn after all. Had saturn been in strong dignities of moon, would be a different story?

Thank you for your guidance. Much appreciated.
Susannah

I've also assigned a lack of trust to "fall" along with rejection etc. Also "letting down". Either the querent doesn't trust the quesited or else lets them down in some way eg. doesn't turn up for the date or forgets their wallet....
Yes, that makes sense. Also, the chart always reflects what the person feels. One person reacts to being let down as "fall"; another person, or even the same person in a different occasion can react as being in the "detriment" of the other person which is stronger and harsher than fall, thus a stronger rejection would be present.
As the recipient, any form of unrequited love is experienced as harm or damage, wouldn't you agree?
I guess we could say that. Specially if some kind of negativity is expressed. Again, it is more dramatic for some people (or in some occasions) that for others, in order to warrant the notion of harm or damage, to my mind. In many cases people simply turn away from one another (or simply do not meet/connect) without any significant harm done.
Had saturn been in strong dignities of moon, would be a different story?
Yes, that would be a significant point.

You're welcome. Thanks for your comments.
--
Felipe Oliveira
http://traditionalmedicalastrology.org
http://medicalastrologer.net

PallasAthene wrote:Hi Felipe

I've also assigned a lack of trust to "fall" along with rejection etc. Also "letting down". Either the querent doesn't trust the quesited or else lets them down in some way
Hi, PA!

The idea of a Moon type of person hurting a Saturnian type made me think of a friend of mine who once said - "I'm damaged for life! My parents just loved me too much!" :)

Personally, I don't partuicularly like such combinations in relationship charts. Although, ocasionally, and especialy when the question is about a phase or a trouble in a long term relationship or marriage, it can simply be taken as the current status in which Saturnian qualities in one person's behaviour are too overwhelming for the other party who becomes vurnerable.

However, since this is a quite quirky situation - maybe there's one more option; apart from the negligence, rejection and coldness, this position could also be saying something about the inability to provide what the other person needs thus hurting him/her. outside influences, perhaps?!

Cheers,

aglaya

Re: Trine from fall - who gets hurt?

PallasAthene wrote:Hello everyone, not been here for a while. I am experiencing a brain by-pass and wonder if you can help.

There is currently an applying trine from Moon in Aries to Saturn in Sag.

I have become confused about Reception.

Moon receives Saturn from the place of his fall.

Therefore,

1. the moon can only damage Saturn.

Or

2. saturn will damage the moon.

Which is it? :???:
Sahl ibn Bishr
Likewise if the Moon (or the Lord of the Ascendant) were joined to a planet, in its descension [that is, if the Moon were in descension of the other planet] she will be like one who goes to him from the house of his own enemies: and he does not receive nor esteem her.

Regards,
Goran
http://7heavenastrology.wordpress.com
http://klasicnaastrologija.wordpress.com

I do think that context here is the important thing.

I am watching this thread with interest as I have a love horary (radical) with virgo rising, jupiter is in virgo inside the 1st house. L1 is in capricorn applying to trine in 9 units of time. Though during that time Jupiter is slowing down to enter first station. In general there is a lot of debility in the chart and L1 is the only planet with any dignity (terms).

I'd say that there is plenty of liking on both parts - L7 being in sign and exaltation of L1, L1 being the faster planet, keener to progress things.... but I think in general, apart from genuine liking, the situation is not going to progress - background situation and it is definitely an attraction of opposites - I think it will come down to this rather than a 'falling out' though (I am the querent by the way!) .. I am actually the one who is disappointed at times and have put an end to it once, although that didn't last long as quesited acted as if I hadn't and I relented. I am not sure the applying to trine will actually mean an event but I will come back and give feedback if so though we've passed the 9 week mark so maybe months if the relationship lasts that much longer. In any case (so far) the fall has not prevented things remaining kind and civil. Perhaps in general, although quesited being in first house is supposed to suggest keenness, perhaps we can't also ignore the fact that the planet is in debility and mercury is in a sign that harms jupiter, plus mercury is mercury, changeable.

Hope this anecdote has helped in some way!