Time of Baba's Chart

Hi - I took the time from the previous posting. ADB gives 5:00AM, but it also quotes Jones' Sabian Symbols as giving the same time (Chart 667). This isn't true as the Sabian Symbols' listing gives 4:35AM. That's life! I don't think the 4:35AM time will give much difference apart from the lots. The 5:00AM chart will push the ascendant into Aquarius, as per the ADB listing.

For me there is something quite compelling about the angular Mars and Saturn. Perhaps others might like to consider the 5:00AM option as a way of exploring his chart more fully.

The 5:00AM time is not from Baba himself but "his family and his disciples" - see the ADB entry. It was given to the researcher in 1976, after Baba had died. For an A RR the source should be "From memory (usually the individual's or a parent's); from news reports". In the case of Baba's data, A seems optimistic and C might be more realistic: "Use with caution: original source is not known, or the data have been rectified."
"...the motions that are akin to the divine in us are the thoughts and revolutions of the universe."

Plato, Timaeus, 90.

Ba'al Shem Tov

All I know is that he was 17th Century ... with a lot of myths surrounding him, and tales of his predictions and disasters averted. It is family lore that my (maternal) grandmother was a direct matrilineal descendant of the Ba'al Shem Tov ... tho' how that happens I'm not sure, would that mean I was a descendant of his sister, or his mother female sibs (looking to the mitochondria) since the BST would pass his x chromosome & attendant mitochondria directly ... it's probably buried in my chart, like I'm a 7th son type given that I'm a 7th degree of the 7th sign (7 degrees libra sun) in the 7th house ... and guess what, my chart is full of septiles.

SGFoxe wrote:
All I know is that he was 17th Century ... with a lot of myths surrounding him, and tales of his predictions and disasters averted. It is family lore that my (maternal) grandmother was a direct matrilineal descendant of the Ba'al Shem Tov ... tho' how that happens I'm not sure, would that mean I was a descendant of his sister, or his mother female sibs (looking to the mitochondria) since the BST would pass his x chromosome & attendant mitochondria directly ... it's probably buried in my chart, like I'm a 7th son type given that I'm a 7th degree of the 7th sign (7 degrees libra sun) in the 7th house ... and guess what, my chart is full of septiles.
Ok so you are possibly a distant relative of Ba'al Shem Tov? Its a nice story I grant you but I fail to see what this brings to the table astrologically here? Do you have his timed natal data or that of any Hasidic teachers to offer? I think that would be the kind of contribution that would be especially welcomed in the context of this thread.

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Morpheus wrote:
Some of the Mystics and their data given in "Notable Horoscopes"
Thanks. I am particularly grateful for the chart data for Guru Nanak which I hadn't seen before.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

I cant help noticing how prominent a water triplicity emphasis is in the charts of numerous mystics (Christian/Hindu) with the tropical zodiac. It seems to be one of those astrological assumptions that is well reflected in practice.

In terms of signs Pisces and Scorpio especially. To a lesser extent Cancer and also Sagittarius.

Mark

mark,

thanks for sharing that observation. it is a little reminder of some of the wisdom found in acknowledging the importance of the elements and it's relationship with temperament, that mysterious aspect of human nature that astrologers have tried to define for a long time. i think my exposure to some of the first astrological writings i read - 70's material - would often make a big deal out of the elements. i believe it was stephen arroyo and his book astrology and the elements, or something like that - which really impressed me.. still does, although astrologers don't talk about it too much..

Doing subsequent research on this topic for another talk I am giving I came across this useful article below. It seems the birthdate of Guru Nanak is now seriously in question. Not just the date but the month! Although Raman acted in good faith with sources he regarded as reliable the nativity of Raman should probably be given a Rodden dating of X now.

Disappointing as its exceedingly rare to have chart data for the founder of a major world religion.

http://www.journalofastrology.com/artic ... cle_id=273

Mark