should we take these premises?

hi people
I have a burning question...
asked 18 Jan 2006 11.23am cambridge uk, 52N13 0E08
11 Taurus and mars rising...
I asked 'should we take these premises?'
the lowdown:
A property round the corner from our busy retail deli has come available, but the rent and rates are three times what we are currently paying. The site is much more visible however and hubby has a strong feeling that higher viz. will generate more sales. On the other hand the city of Cambridge is in a right state of flux - the only department store has temporarily relocated until 2008 while a major rebuilding project is underway and this together with the appallingly expensive parking means there are currently fewer people coming into the city. the amount of business closures and empty premises in our neck of the woods has to be seen to be believed... Generating three times the turnover to retain current profitability seems like a gamble, hence the question.... whaddya'll think? Having trouble assigning houses to this chart, presumably we (hubby and I -business owners) are the 1st which gives us venus as significator, bang on the mc but rx...and triplicity ruler of the chart in the terms of Jupiter. so moderately strong.
would our business be the 10th? Saturn the significator in detriment and rx in the 5th: baaad! :-T ( it's true we are badly in need of a refit and face lift, tho lucky to have been trading for 11 years and considered a 'destination' shop.)
the new premises the 4th? hmm- significator is the moon in virgo in terms of venus - yeah we definitely like the site! Would the 7th be the university landlords - ? ( they use an agent who we deal with) I think they would be shown by Mars: in detriment slow moving and angular on the ac and about to trine Venus - it's no secret they have money worries and as many of the college dons are also our customers, they are very keen for us to continue trading, and we are good, trouble free tenants.
I see moon is about to trine mars and sextile Jupiter then ( joy!) trine venus: jupiter signifying a tenancy agreement as ruler of 8th? so I think - but would like it if someone could corroborate - the new premises look like a good bet. :' questions: will it be a profitable/secure move? timing? Can you see any potential pitfalls/delays? and what is the hour ruler? also cheekily - is it worth negotiating on the rent? (hubby thinks if the premises remain empty for a few months the landlords would be willing to negotiate... but I don't want to miss the boat! )
Thanks in advance!
jacky
ps the birth chart of the business has Jupiter rising conj horary jupiter; uranus and neptune conj horary sun and mercury, sun conj horary south node - shop birth chart 01/oct 1994 10am Cambridge.
The importance and unimportance of the self cannot be exaggerated - Reginald Blyth

Hi GS,

I just had a conversation with someone last night about how much I liked Cambridge. I was there just over a year ago. It was quite chaotic then and I remember a lot of talk about the problems regarding parking and building. There was a fair bit of building going on when I was there. I was amazed to discover that students coming to Cambridge were not allowed to bring cars.

I would probably read this chart in a similar way to that of Lilly's guidelines on whether or not to move from one place to another. This can be found in CA on pages 212-213. Based on this, I would use the fourth house ruler, the Moon, as your current premises, and the seventh house ruler, Mars, as the premises you are considering. You can look at the 10th house as your business and perhaps the 2nd house as your finances.

Even though Venus (your significator) is on the 10th house cusp, it is retrograde, as you point out, but also combust the Sun. This puts you into a weakened position, which is not really good if you hope to negotiate a deal. Maybe you are not seeing the reality clearly. However, it could be indicative of your feelings of lack of visibility where you are and your desire to become more visible. Venus is retrograde and the orb between the Sun and Venus is almost 8 deg so it is actually moving out of combustion very soon.

Mercury, the ruler of your 2nd house, is also combust, suggesting a problem with finances. Mars, ruler of the 7th and therefore signifying your potential new premises, is angular on the ascendant, but it is in detriment. Venus and Mars are in an applying trine and are both angular. The trine perfects before Venus goes direct. There is also some mutual reception between them. One concern is the Moon, your current premises, in the 6th, a position of weakness. Based on this, I feel you will move. There does appear to be some potential difficulties though. One thing that Lilly does say is that if an infortunate is on the ascendant you should move. He also says that if the lord of the 2nd (Mercury) is weak - it is combust- then one should move. I am more inclined to think that if things are okay where you are it is perhaps wise to stay put unless there are clear indications in the chart that the move would be successful. I guess you need to weigh up whether this chart is really giving strong indications that you should move. I don't really see it as a definitive and positive yes but you are already well aware that this may be a gamble.

Good luck with it and next time I am in Cambridge I will look for the best deli in town. :D

Thanks Sue!
I will check out lily as you suggested. one weeny question, using the 2nd for our finances I understand, but if the business is 10th is there a case for using the 11th (turned 2nd from 10th) as signifying the finance from the business? (the business is a limited comany )
as it turns out, some other stuff has come into play since I posted... I saw an advert yesterday for a business opportunity in another part of the country - where we would much prefer to live.... also our manager has just decided to take some time out to work on his own business .. so things are really fluxxy right now! Exciting tho' - last year I was ready to put a metaphorical bomb under things -the business and all our lives seemed so stagnated and in need of change .... looks like the glorious Universe is delivering... again! :' :D
cheers
Jacky
The importance and unimportance of the self cannot be exaggerated - Reginald Blyth