angela merkel chart and 2014 solar return

merkel has been a successful politician for a number of years and is playing what appears to be a pivotal role in the proxy war at present between the usa and russia on the fields of eastern ukraine..

the conjunction between her 1st and 7th house rulers in the same sign as her sun sign - cancer in the 7th or 8th house depending on which house system one would like to use, does seem to suggest the ability to appeal to a diverse number of people and interests and have something of a diplomatic flavour to it. this in combination with other factors to the chart push this idea further along. i am not sure how to incorporate the fact the jupiter/mercury conjunction is also conjunct the south node and part of fortune here too, but perhaps someone else would like to share their thoughts on this. by planetary phase jupiter/mercury conjunct is strong which also suggests a positive spin on this important part of her chart... this conjunct is also square the midheaven axis..

the midheaven/ascendant midpoint is at 15 scorpio 35 - square her natal moon at 15 aquarius and suggestive of her role as politician here as well. this point has had the station of saturn which has put all of this under pressure in a way that might be considered exhaustive..

the position of saturn @ 2 scorpio 44 high up in the area of the midheaven seems to be a positive in this diurnal chart for the most part. work and duty as represented by saturn are in a commanding position in relation to her moon in aquarius and i suspect from this she is mostly all work and little play, or time for family even though sun in cancer would obviously alter this.. i know very little of her personal life, whether she is married and has children, but i somehow doubt it. i will have to read up on her more, which interestingly enough is an important consideration whenever looking at charts. typically one can't do this with less public people, but i am sure there is much available on merkel online.

the solar return for this year highlights uranus conjunction midheaven which is in direct opposition to her midheaven degree. the old books say that having the ascendant reversed is a net negative in solar return charts. i have seen this, but not enough to confirm it. it would stand to reason having the midheaven in opposition to itself could be treated in a similar way.. the ambitions or goals represented by the midheaven would not be accomplished in a year dominated by a midheaven/uranus conjunction in direct opposition to the natal midheaven degree..

perhaps issues as represented by uranus in aries would be part of this, in combination with issues represented more generally by the wide uranus/pluto square which is in the same general area of the jupiter/mercury conjunction by square/opposition and both midheaven positions natally and via the sr.. basically events beyond merkels control are having a huge impact on her ability or inability to move forward in a way that is of benefit to her and to her country... that would be my conclusion on her chart for this year..

the annual profection lord happens to be jupiter and a return to the same rising sign - sag. which is considered favourable and in this instance with jupiter in cancer would be heightened to a degree given jupiters natal position in cancer in the 7th/8th house area.. in fact the solar return jupiter is widely conjunct the ascendant, while also being conjunct the sun - out of sign.. i imagine this in combo with jupiter being profection lord here is quite helpful in offsetting some of what i get just from the solar return chart for 2014.

solar arc data for the present is sa ascendant 45 the mars rising, and sa venus conjunction saturn. i imagine similar data will show up in reverse in the primary directions, but i will check later...

sec progressions highlight the moon in direct opposition to saturn in the next month or so. the sp midheaven is in direct opposition to the natal 9th house pluto here as well. this seems conflictual for the most part.

below is a chart for angela merkel.. this is given a C rating at adb. see source notes for more info. this is the chart used by german astrologers fwiw. http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Merkel%2C_Angela

image ru

here is the 2014 solar return based off the above chart. i note the position of the moon at zero aries in the 9th which seems especially fitting given her primary role in negotiations and her central role in being such a pivotal player for all parties concerned here. much behind the scenes activity is suggested by this chart which i suppose one could say would always be the experience of a busy international politician. the sun/moon midpoint to this sr14 chart is 27 taurus 27 which saturn transit will visit in late november. the position of pluto at 12 cap is 135 this midpoint as well..

something very glaring that i almost forgot to mention which struck me earlier, is that the date of the mh17 accident which coincided with the sun/mars square - we have a separate thread on this - is very highlighted in merkels 2014 solar return. her birthdate is the same day this took place. this would have to be a huge factor in what she is working thru at present - war, talk of war, resolving issues around war - all of this is very symbolically fitting for the simple fact of this sun/mars square showing up some prominent and exact in the sr 14 chart.. i am glad i am looking at this again!!! interesting how we don't hear a dang thing on the downing of mh17, or mh370 for that matter.

imag

Hi James,
interesting thoughts....
The official time of birth is, 18:00 CET, 17:00 UT.
The time 17:45 CET that you've used is based on rectification - possibly correct.
Another rectification that I know is 17:50.
You are right concerning her private life: no children. But married, second marriage. She's married to a renowned scientist (chemistry).
She was born in Hamburg, daughter of a protestant priest, but she grew up in the GDR (Her father died, I on September 2nd, 2011 - that might help to check the times given above.) - Not much is known about her life before 1989, the year the wall came down.
LL
Non coerceri maximo, contineri minimo divinum est.