Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

mystery chart exercise dec 21 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology
View previous topic :: View next topic  
damon

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

margherita wrote:
I hate to lose, but I will try.

The second because the Venus in the first house by WSH and ruler of Libra MC. The moon is applying to Venus.

margherita

I thought about that after looking at WSH . Any chart could be an actor I m afraid
Im surprised so many ignore the first chart.Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune
Geoffrey

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damon wrote:
Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune

Surely acting is more a lunar activity than solar? To portray a character, an actor has to empathise with the character and so connect his/her own feelings and emotions with those of the character. The character then speaks through the actor and so gives the audience direct access to the truth of the character. This is all very lunar stuff.

Geoffrey
damon

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geoffrey wrote:
damon wrote:
Not only Leo is very strong but the Sun is conjunct neptune

Surely acting is more a lunar activity than solar? To portray a character, an actor has to empathise with the character and so connect his/her own feelings and emotions with those of the character. The character then speaks through the actor and so gives the audience direct access to the truth of the character. This is all very lunar stuff.

Geoffrey

And the Moon is what makes us happy Very Happy
Nixx

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="damon"]
Geoffrey wrote:

Not according to Psychological Astrologers who link Happiness more directly to Venus. Contentment is perceived by them as more Lunar.

Ben Dykes spins this Medieval style linking happiness to 'Prime motivation' which he pursues through the Ascendant.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/happiness.html

This actor may be, or have been, miserable. We might never know.
Ile

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nixx"]
damon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

Ben Dykes spins this Medieval style linking happiness to 'Prime motivation' which he pursues through the Ascendant.

Indeed, it is related in my opinion.
While many philosophers of the past spoke about the Universal Happiness of Mankind, and what is that which can make Man happy, Astrology offers us a specific methods for finding what Happiness is for every single individual. Where, everyone's individual happiness lies and how can be achieved, this is provided by the birth chart and astrological tools we have in our disposal. Whether that primary motivation will be realized and the goal [for happiness] achieved [more easily, with difficulties or no achievement at all], is a matter of question.
We can find many frustrated lives, with no fulfillment, and non realized potentials.
damon

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Nixx"]
damon wrote:
Geoffrey wrote:

Not according to Psychological Astrologers who link Happiness more directly to Venus. Contentment is perceived by them as more Lunar.

This actor may be, or have been, miserable. We might never know.

Geat link.Still digesting it though.
I have always wondered if ASC ruler conj Saturn is deemed an affliction,especially if Saturn is in sect and dignified .

Last edited by damon on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
PFN

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with chart number one, and would discard number 2 entirely.

Number one has Mercury distancing himself from the Sun, both angular, receveing Venus by domicile in the 2nd house of income (WS).

Also, in the other charts, Venus is cadent. I do not like a cadent Venus for artistic purposes... although acting is more of a Mercurial thing (impersonating) than a venusian one.
Mark

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Margherita wrote:
Quote:
I hate to lose, but I will try.

The second because the Venus in the first house by WSH and ruler of Libra MC. The moon is applying to Venus.

margherita

Glad to see you are coming round to WSH Margherita! I think your observation is important. By Placidus we have a Venus stuck in the 12th but quite prominent by WSH in the 1st.

In actors charts I always looks for connections between the Moon (popularity) and the benefics ( Venus and/or Jupiter)

I think the actor is chart 2.

Arguments for chart 2

1 Venus (MC) ruler (of Libra) in 1st WSH
2 Sect Light is Moon which is in its own domicile.
3 Moon just past full phase
4 Sect Light (Moon) in same domicile as ASC ruler -an exalted Jupiter in Cancer
5 Moon applying by Trine (across sign boundary) to Venus
6 Mercury is WSH Lord 10 in Capricorn conj domicile ruler Saturn. Probably delays success until later in life. Most likely a serious , hard working actor. I would speculate not known for 'fluffy' or romantic parts due to this Saturnian link.
7 North Node in the creative 5th WSH. Disposited by an in sect Mars.

Chart 1 -Not promising for public performance as the Moon is in WS aversion to Jupiter and Venus. Plus Saturn ( out of sect malefic) in the 11th. A lot of work in solitude I think. Note the NN in the 12th. SN in 6th Plus its dispositor is Saturn (malefic out of sect). Mars the other maefic in the 6th. Poor indicators for health. MC/IC axis in cardinal signs along 3rd/9th. Writing could be indicated. POF in Libra disposited by Venus (in sect) in Virgo reinforces this. Sect light is Moon in Leo. ASC also Leo. Dispositor is Sun in Scorpio. Being a night chart a much more subdued , intense focus than a typical solar Leo.

Chart 3-Moon in aversion to Jupiter. Moon in WS square to Venus. However, Sun is the sect light here. Dispositor Mercury in its domicile. Mercury also rules ASC. Mercurial themes highly developed here. So I would expect a lot of versatility and numerous changes of career. Unlikely this person would stick anything for that long due to innate restlessness. Again MC-IC falls in 3rd/9th as in chart 1 so writing is a possibility at some stage. However, Mars rules the 3rd here. As its the out of sect malefic its less likely to profit the native in writing pursuits here. More dynamic pursuits might be pursued. Mercury on Aldebaran. Adds a bit of dynamic oomph to this chart. This may give the native some success and prominence in their chosen pursuits. According to Ptolemy this star is of the nature of Mars so there may be a link to dangerous activities here. NN in the first disposited by Mercury adds to prospects for success and public recognition. Venus in Taurus is MC ruler and disposits Lot of Fortune which adds to the natives artistic/creative potential.

If I am wrong chart 3 is my second choice as I think there is potential for a public performer there.

Mark

Last edited by Mark on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mark

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nixx-does psychological astrology have anything to tell us about what chart the actor is likely to be?

Johannes-any ideas now you have those precious Placidus cusps to play with?

Lihin-What does your visual approach to astrology tell you here?

The clock is ticking guys.....

Mark
Mark

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tally so far...

Chart 1 (2)

Chart 2 (5)

Chart 3 (1)

So the majority seem to favour chart 2 so far. If you haven't posted yet what do you think?

Mark
johannes susato

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

james_m wrote:
for those who like the way the 17th century monk did things..

Thanks fot the tribute to Placidus, james. Thumbs up

Johannes
james_m

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks johannes!

i was hoping you would explain which chart you thought the actor was giving a placidian rationale for it too! what am i left to think otherwise? LOL - james
Mark

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James_M wrote:
Quote:
I was hoping you would explain which chart you thought the actor was giving a placidian rationale for it too!

Me too! Come on Johannes (+ Nixx). Now you have your preferred Placidean houses displayed what is stopping you both getting involved in the chart analysis? You guys do do natal astrology right?

Mark
Nixx

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Nixx-does psychological astrology have anything to tell us about what chart the actor is likely to be?

Good question. Knowing if the actor was good or rubbish, hates it or loves it, might help, than again.......

I was waiting for divine inspiration, somewhat ironically.

I reckon the Psycho's might go for 2 as well as it has the 1st/3rd quadrant dynamic they might expect for actors, re the exploring of what is the I and what is the You, if you follow. Like you , albeit for different reasons, I would expect more depth here because the Moon is in the 8th no fluff house, wide conjunct to Pluto and the Sun is conjunct Saturn so a responsible if not dour, as in Capricorn, vibe which might come across verbally with Mercury in the mix also.

Venus in Sag in the 12th. I see this as a glamorous placement, and Sag is my sign for actors, extroverted/mutable and Venus planet for actors. The trine to the Moon should help the person feel comfortable exploring human relationships and it squares Neptune (film) which could be a motivator as well.

'Modern' cook book wise I reckon the 3rd chart steps up more overtly with a more public profile SUN/MER/MC dynamic and pleasure seeking Moon in the 5th. Actors tend not to be selfless servants of society in my experience, or this is not their primary motivation. Gemini as well which is fluff, as we all know!

Trouble is with this one, as I see it, is the first chart has Leo rising and a rising Moon if the time is a bit out, i.e. notice me , and notice me often . Also the SUN/NEP/MER conjunction could suggest someone who ends up speaking in glamorous settings. But 4th house?

Often with these 3 chart guesses one stinks and can be discarded, but, like I think Damon said earlier, none being correct would shock me this time around.

I give up and will pluck for 2 as well, at this stage of the game I ought to stick with the Psychos, if I am!

I think this is the third test in a row now you've anticipated my choice using different (mostly) horoscopics before I've even made it Confused
damon

Posted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes the crowd is wrong,so I stick to 1 and 2 as second choice Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Nativities & General Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: