Purchasing in electional astrology

Hello, everybody! :)

I want to purchase some computer components, so I was looking for a dignified 3rd House ruler and Mercury.
Some considerations I have taken into account:
- Leo is the 3rd Whole Sign House, the Sun is angular and in Hayz.
- Mercury is ruler of Ascendant, angular and in Hayz.
- the Moon, the Asc and the Sun are in diurnal Signs.
- the Moon is waxing, in a fixed Sign and angular.
- Mars and Saturn are cadent, so they are likely to do very little damage, maybe none.
- the ruler of the Moon is in fixed Sign.
- the Moon applies a sextile to the Sun.

Do you like the chart? Do you think retrograde Jupiter will do any problem?

Any input will be welcome and appreciated.
Amor ordinem nescit.
Love does not know order.
- Saint Jerome -

Re: Purchasing in electional astrology

Hello Tzadde
Tzadde wrote:Do you think retrograde Jupiter will do any problem?
Is the Pope a Catholic?

This is a buyer-seller matter. You are the buyer, Mercury, initiating the action. The seller is the ruler of the 7th, which is Jupiter. Jupiter is stronger in this chart than Mercury, (both are angular, both in detriment, but Jupiter is in its terms. I admit I am ignoring Hayz here, but so did most if not all 'traditional' astrologers).

And Jupiter is retrograde, which means he is not to be trusted and anything you buy from him will be attached to a rubber band!

Looks like a nice chart otherwise though.

Best wishes

Geoffrey

Hello Geoffrey,

I would like to ask you about "the mutual exchange by sign between Jupiter and Mercury", I was wondering how to put it but then I found you mentioning it now in another thread:
"indicating the possibility of a reconciliation, though it be difficult and painful.
For traditional authorities, Partridge (page 51 of 'Vade Mecum') says that a mutual exchange can bring about a good conclusion through an opposition."
Could this be referred to this configuration?

Iris

irisalbus wrote:Hello Geoffrey,

I would like to ask you about "the mutual exchange by sign between Jupiter and Mercury", I was wondering how to put it but then I found you mentioning it now in another thread:
"indicating the possibility of a reconciliation, though it be difficult and painful.
For traditional authorities, Partridge (page 51 of 'Vade Mecum') says that a mutual exchange can bring about a good conclusion through an opposition."
Could this be referred to this configuration?

Iris
Hello Iris

My point is not whether or not a deal can be done. If Tzadde turns up at the seller's door with enough cash, a deal will be done. The point is that Tzadde wants to do a deal with someone who he can trust to hand over kosher goods in return for his cash. Jupiter retrograde in this chart indicates that the dealer is not to be trusted and Tzadde will have to return (retrograde) the parts.

As for the opposition of Jupiter and Mercury, this is an election chart, a chart about a buyer and seller sitting opposite each other across a table negotiating a price, not two lovers trying to patch up a quarrel. The fact that each is in the house of the other indicates a willingness to do a deal on both parts and Tzadde has artfully arranged the chart to ensure nothing gets in the way of the deal being done.

Geoffrey

Hello, Geoffrey! :)
Geoffrey wrote:Jupiter retrograde in this chart indicates that the dealer is not to be trusted and Tzadde will have to return (retrograde) the parts.
Interestingly, I had the idea that Jupiter in his term should be trusted, while being retrograde shows worry... for short selling or something like that.

The returning of parts should be shown by ruler of 3rd or Mercury being retrograde, but this isn't the case.

Nice insight, though. :) I'll let you know if you were right.
Amor ordinem nescit.
- Saint Jerome -

Tzadde wrote:Okay, now I think what Rx Jupiter means... late delivery... *sigh*
Bad luck! :(

By the way, what was the justification for the 3rd house for your computer parts?

Best wishes,

Geoffrey

It may sound curious, but 3rd House is really like Mercury... Lilly refers to this as being the House of "small journeys, epistles, letters, rumours, messengers" (first book, chapter 7), all of them being related to Mercury.
As many traditional astrologers know, the same House is co-signified by Mars, which is related to heat. Computers really get hot if they don't receive good maintenance, right? They are also made of metals...
Amor ordinem nescit.
- Saint Jerome -

Hello Tzadde

Yes, I have seen computers = 3rd house before and wondered how they found a home there. Thanks for your insight.

In buyer-seller charts, many modern astrologers give the 10th house to the price and the 4th house to the goods for sale. Why the 4th for the goods? I do not know. Lilly generally does give the price to the 10th, but the goods are apportioned to the appropriate house.

Geoffrey

Just an update...

It is curious how the merchant (or site operator, whoever was there) let me know that delivery will be late (next week), but I received the package just today.

Today I received an e-mail from my father, telling me he will come here for Christmas day... with a netbook as a gift for me. Initially, he planned it for my birthday, as a surprise.

Well, I like it.
Amor ordinem nescit.
- Saint Jerome -