Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

8,8 Richter East of Honshu Rocks Japan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eddy

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SGFoxe wrote:
The earth's axis moved 6 inches which is attributed to the force of the quake. However, I believe in the 2012 effect, eg earth's axis aligned with Galactic Plane -- epoch 1999 actually, which in turn affects the axis, -- the Axis is the CAUSE of the quake, not a consequent
It's not a cause of the quake but it is a consequent. The galactic plane and all the 2012 things has nothing to do with it. Since the Earth's mantle (on which the continents rest) itself rests on the liquid inner of the Earth, the Earth's crust slightly moves by forces of inertia, hence the effect of polar motion (not to be confused with nutation or luni-solar precession). Earthquakes simply add to the movements, (they always do not only this one) like a jumping man on a big boat in a lake would slightly affect the movement of the boat.

This http://www.iers.org/IERS/EN/IERSHome/home.html?__nnn=true website gives all kinds of info on the Earth's rotation.
SGFoxe

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right -- the tv scientists have been saying the axial perturbation a result of the earthquake,

which i do not buy -- i think the axial perturbation a concomittant of the increased galactic force we terrestials are subjected to since epoch 1999 when the solstice point precessed to the galactic plane ... the gp & terrestial axis closest to parallelity and the galactic forces acting on our magnetism etc ... this affected the axis which in turn affected the swirling liquid center and the earth's mantle

further -- the last time the terrestial axis was in a similar position -- one half precessional cycle ago, ca 10,000 BC, there is something in the geological record call the Black Mat which documents the "Great Extinction" of the American MegaFauna ...
Eddy

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offence but that 2012 stuff is definitely not true. It's not even possible in terms of gravity etc. I don't know where that story started but nothing's going to happen with the galactic plane and the Earth. http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html I feel people believing in those theories do themselves huge injustice by believing it. I'd sooner believe that all the billion plus of the Chinese were instructed to jump at the same time that day the 11th, eliminating Japan for market competition reasons.
granny_skot

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2012 "Stuff" originates with the Mayan Calendar which ends with the Capricorn ingress in 2012, it is a full solar cycle of the sun through the ecliptic,(from what I've read on the subject) I don't know about the Post Calendar events, But the Mayans did precisely predict the mini ice age in the 14th century, which pretty much wiped them out. it gave them a drought that they couldn't cope with as a society.

I would not be surprised if the west coast of South America does have tremendous Volcanic, Earthquake and Tsunami Activity in 2012 as the Mayans were predicting events for THEIR location, And Ecuador, Columbia, Chile and the central American Countries all being on the Ring of Fire (as is the western coast of all the Americas) and subject to some nasty quakes, is a natural geologic counterbalance to the japan incident.

What I find a tad bit annoying is that people take the Mayan translations as a whole world event, rather than understanding that the Whole world to the Mayans Was their particular corner of the globe. Events like that in japan will certainly affect the rest of the world, and the ring, but I would be surprised if it affected it with universal quakes, tsunami's and Volcanic action. Geology varies, Volcanoes and Tsunamis disturb more area than does an Earthquake USUALLY.

Tsunamis are not universally caused by Earthquakes, it is ONE cause of them, the Aleutian Tsunami back in the 60's was caused by a Landslide, NOT an earthquake, so sometimes people confuse the that issue.

the Extinction event in North America that caused the mega fauna die off is the subject of a new white paper coming out soon from Cornell, when I see the posting I'll post, but it is one of the reasons scientists were under the misconception that humans have only been in the Americas for about 15,000 years. (Volcanic Action in the North east is the center of the paper I understand) other data supports a much longer occupation. The obtuse are finally getting that they are not infallible and that indeed they have been suffering under a misconception. (the wise scientist will say, with the data we currently have we believe.... but the rest of them pound on things and insist they "know". Highly annoying)

anyway I digress.

Extinction events do not necessarily mean Human extinction. Though we've certainly taken some hits with huge disasters in the last decade, scary that it doesn't seem to slow us down on the population scale, 10's of thousands in japan and 100's of thousands with the dec 26 tsunami a few years ago and we are still headed for 7 billion people in no time at all... amazing. Not that I haven't contributed to the game plan, expecting two more grandchildren this fall.

Granny
yuzuru

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let´s keep the thread in mundane western astrology, please. Mark doesn´t have the time to moderate this forum, so if people do not help, I will just freeze the thread until Mark have time to review it.

Any member who want to discuss mayan calendars can find a lot of forums outside of skyscript that love this kind of theme. But please, keep the thread on topic.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mark doesn´t have the time to moderate this forum, so if people do not help, I will just freeze the thread until Mark have time to review it.

That would prevent us from openly discussing this important on-going topic...
yuzuru

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And that would be a pity.
Mark

Posted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

Yuzuru wrote:
Quote:
Mark doesn´t have the time to moderate this forum, so if people do not help, I will just freeze the thread until Mark have time to review it.

I may not have the time to post much lately but I do still check out the forum. Its just I have had a bug for a few days. I do think it would be a bit excessive to freeze the whole thread myself.

Still the thread does seem to have degenerated a bit in quality with discussion of apocalyptic scenarios and the Mayan prophecies. Confused

However, I suspect this kind of thinking must be at the back of a lot of people's minds out there. We do seem to have had an unprecedeted series of natural disasters that have impacted on human life in just the last couple of years. The Haiti and Chilean Earthquakes, The Icelandic Volcano and Indonesian Volcanic activity , Guatemalan Volcano/Hurricane, Massive Forest Fires in Russia, Flooding in Pakistan and Australia, and more lately Earthquake activity in New Zealand and Japan.

Earthquake activity does seem up. And some members here like Andrew Bevan have given serious analysis to try and identify an astrological cycle behind it all. If we are going to consider a meta picture I do want members to present tangible evidence like this rather speculative and unsubstantiated apocalyptic commentary based around 2012. Incidentally, the only sensible discussion I have seen of the Mayan prophecies indicates they dont end in 2012 anyway:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39746543?gt1=3D43001

I suppose if you have an apocalytic eschatology this is all grist for the mill. However, as we approach 2012 I am going to edit out such commentary on Skyscript in future without warning. It adds nothing astrologically but only contributes to the general irrational hysteria out there. So you have been warned. We can do so much better folks!

Anyway what about some actual prediction here? The thread seems to have evolved into a general discussion of earthquakes around the world. I thought this thread was about Japan? I have seen next to no discussion of the Fukushima Nuclear plant. That has been the big story all week.

The latest news indicates they are considering the possibility of a Chernobyl style sarcophagus by encasing the reactors in concrete.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/8392154/Japan-nuclear-crisis-scientists-consider-burying-Fukushima-in-a-Chernobyl-sarcophagus.html

Thanks

Mark
Steve

Posted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Solar Activity-Japan Quake Reply with quote

The following is a link discussing a scientific theory that unusual strong solar activity may be associated with unusual strong quakes and volcanic activity on Earth.

http://www.grahamhancock.com/forum/MacaraS1.php?p=1

Steve
With all our modern knowledge and scientific equipment, and with the the great strides made in mathematics, we astrologers have done nothing to even remotely compare with the achievements of the astrologers of antiquity. Cyril Fagan
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update on the seismic activity in the Honshu/Japan region from March 11:

These quakes are sorted according to how they were recorded in GMT. I moved the last quake on March 16. that occured at 23.38 GMT to March 17. because this quake occured within 30 minutes of the target area. The table shows how afterquake activity rose and peaked on March 17. before receding to lower and more stable levels.
AquaStella

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magnitude 6.6 - OFF THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
2011 March 22 07:18:47 UTC
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/usc00028pe.php

The next new Moon (3/4/2011) opp Saturn is exactly aligned with the Ic/Mc axis at the quake area.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the most significant afterquake since March 11. Fortunately not in excess of the feared >7,0 Richter. Hopefully a 'stray' and certainly related to the recent activity in the area.

Asc 16VI01, MC 14GE15, Sun 1AR20, Moon 7SC28
There is no tension on the angles, yet Mercury is moving out of 19Aries, which is significant because this is a passage we have been eyeing (17-19Aries & 17-19Leo). Mercury is Lord of both MC and Asc. His exaltation degree has just risen at the same time as he is associates with the exaltation degree of the Sun. However, the most obvious aspect is probably the Moon 7SC28 just coming off the sextile of Pluto at 7CP23. This couple contain the IC, yet there is no direct midpoint. In other major earthquakes there has been significant activity around 8Aries, which can relate to the 9th degree of cardinal signs. We can monitor activity around Pluto, yet he goes retrograde at 7CP30 on April 9. and doesn't move into the 9th degree before January 2012.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There just been another one. Apparently more active today. I am sure you will find the details interesting:

Region: NEAR EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
Geographic coordinates: 37.334N, 141.860E
Magnitude: 6.4 M Depth: 27 km
Universal Time (UTC): 22 Mar 2011 09:19:05
Time near the Epicenter: 22 Mar 2011 18:19:05

Asc 9LI09 MC 10CN17 Sun 1AR25 Moon 8SC42

A bit odd with the tightening round the 9th degree of cardinal signs in view of what was mentioned in the previous entry (?) Note that the midpoint of the MC's for these two events is located at 27GE16 which is within a degree of the Moon's nodes.

Update 12.00 GMT:
There is a significant upswing in activity today. This is unexpected yet interesting since it is 11 days after the Mother-earthquake and 11days is a significant fibonacci fraction of the lunar synodic cycle, which for several years was shown relevant to stockmarket developments - but not applied to the seismic. However, the 47 days after the signifying solar eclipse and which did produce a significant EQ (example San Francisco 1989) is a fibo-multiplum of the same cycle.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update on the current pattern of Earthquakes

In the chart for the recent 7,1 Richter earthquake that occurred in Japan on April 7. the Moon did not moved 90° as according to my afterquake prediction, but in fact 360° and completed a siderial cycle. This is significant - and means that the basic idea of how to forecast a significant afterquake is still intact. As the Moon made its first square there was a rise in activity, but fortunately not severe afterquake - so the nation was spared.

The afterquakes that occurred on March 22. and 11 days after the 'mother' earthquake, were a little bit unexpected but appear to be justified according to a different set of mathematics; Starting with the lunar eclipse on Dec 21.2010 and the initial 7,4 Richter earthquake, the 'rough' calculation for finding the date of the 8,8 Richter earthquake is 29,53 days (a synodic month) x 2,618 (a fibonacci mulitple) = 77 days, which is close but not exact with the 79-80 days separating the initial and following major earthquake. However, 29,53 days x 3,618 is exactly 107 days and this perfectly agrees with the afterquake of April 7. - The afterquakes occurring on March 22. are derived by the formula 29,53 days divided by 2,618 = 11 days.

I do have work that has been mentioned here at Skyscript, regarding the potential of another major earthquake occurring close to April 25. This is based upon a 45 day progression from March 11. The time interval from April 7. to April 25. counts 18 days, which is 29,53 days x 0.618 = 18 days. The entire time span from Dec. 21. 2010 to April 25. 2011 is 125 days. The standard fibonacci fraction of this time interval is 125 days x 0.618 = 77 days, which brings us back to the 'estimate' of the March 11. - 8,8 Richter earthquake, although the calculations is slightly off by a day or two. The reason for this is 'aberration' the closeness of the Earth to the Sun and annual variation in the relationship between the sidereal and synodic month.

OK - so I am still monitoring the potential of a significant 'accompanying' earthquake to the one that occurrred on March 11. 2011 and that this may be close to April 25. I do also have work at Astronor.com that sugguests that the area around San Francisco should be monitored for heightened seismic activity. This does not mean that a devastating earthquake HAS to occur to this area, but it could be a good idea to be on the alert to try and understand the design of the build-up in this area and try to capture the nature of whatever is on its way - if anything at all.

In this chart for the 7,1 Richter Earthquake that may be seen above, notice that the Sun is 17AR26, which puts it in the sensitive degrees that have been discussed in various parts of my approach. The Moon is sextile Uranus and semi-square Juipter, who is angular on the IC. Saturn is on the MC, and this is identical as may be found in the Astro*Cartography chart for the New Moon of April 3. But also pick up on the chart for the 8,8 Richter earthquake that hit Chile last year on February 27. 2010 which shows Saturn on the MC in Libra and the Moon's North node on the Ascendant. Not forgetting to note the Sun's conjunction with Jupiter.

8,8 Richter Earthquake of Chile, Febraury 27. 2010

For more material on this story, go to http://www.astronor.com/eq20110311.htm
or http://www.astronor.com/calendar2011.htm
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6,6R Earthquake occurs Japan (downgraded from 7,1R)

A new fierce 6,6R EQ hit Japan today, as the Moon moves in on her first quarter. She is 19° Cancer, which is relevant in terms of the sensitive degrees 17-19° Aries and 17-19° Leo. This tension on the waxing half-moon may also issue some warning of the tension in 14 days time when the Moon's 3rd quarter occurs on April 25.

The picture is getting very detailed and complex in view of all the recent seismic activity.
There is more detail at Astronor, if anyone wants details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane & Financial Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: