I don't know of any books that deal with this in depth. What follows are astrology text books with one or two sentence delineations.

The Elements of Astrology by Luke Broughton (1899) Kessinger publishing has a reprint and Ballantrae may have one still.

The A to Z Horoscope Maker by Llewellyn George. My edition is from the 1980s and it has it. Later editions may not. LLewellyn George was the student of a student of Broughton's and for all I know plagiarized Broughton. I never checked. I've seen this practice if a few old books. Broughton swiped stuff from CA without crediting Lilly so maybe he deserved it.

Morinus discusses this in a chapter in Book 21 of Astrologia Gallica, too

The dutch astrologer Karen Hamaker-Zondag has a book on it in her series on astrology, called "Huisheren en huisverbanden" :shock:
("houserulers and house-connections").
Several of her books have been translated into english; you might check for her name in relevant sites...

Herman
Herman

http://www.hervaro.be

The book by Karen Hamaker-Zondag in English is called The House Connection. I found it really helpful. It gives both the theory ("The house over which the planet rules serves the purposes of the house in which that planet stands") and a cookbook. A similar book by a modern astrologer is Alan Okun, Rulers of the Horoscope.

For a classical source, see Firmicus Maternus, Matheseos Libri VIII, book 6. I just got an English translation of this book (by Jean Rhys Bram) through amazon.com. His theory includes traditional concerns like ruling planets' exaltations, joys, terms, &c.

One source that comes to mind is Masha'allah's *Significations of the Planets in a Nativity,* written over a thousand years ago. This book has both sign/aspect delineations and house-ruler delineations. For example, the ruler of the 10th in the Ascendant: "It signifies his goodness from princes, and he will be renowned."

If [the Sun] were in the domicile of Mercury, he will be an astronomer and will have many horses; and he will be knowing and fortunate. And he will be of good mental charracter, and have a better memory, and will love scandals. And if it were in the day, it will be better; and if it were in the night, he will have impediment or annoyance from phlegm and choler."

This is from a translation by Ben Dykes, but there is a substantially less expensive translation by James Holden (Six Astrological Treatises by Masha'allah) that is as good.

Regards,
Nina
Nina Gryphon

ninagryphon.com
Your questions answered.