Hello,

I assume you are referring to natal astrology? There are various predictive systems that can be used. Did you have any in mind in particular? For example, Solar Returns?

Also what is your approach? Modern or traditional? Tropical or Sidereal?

That would help in recommending suitable books.

Thanks

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hey,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes i meant in natal astrology.

I don't know what type of annual predictions, but my method is traditional natal astrology so something in regards to that :)

Thanks

Which book exactly ? I think i read there that the book of aristotle contains a method for annual predictions, but I have ordered already Abu Ali's Judgments of Nativities from Amazon, and I doubt he'd sell it separately, and i'm not gonna buy the same book twice ;)

More suggestions please ?

Jarac011 wrote:Which book exactly ? I think i read there that the book of aristotle contains a method for annual predictions, but I have ordered already Abu Ali's Judgments of Nativities from Amazon, and I doubt he'd sell it separately, and i'm not gonna buy the same book twice ;)
All three volumes are useful: The Book of Aristotle in vol I, 'Umar's Three Books on Nativities in vol II, and the whole of vol III.
Also what exactly is the difference between solar revolutions and primary directions?

They are two entirely different (although compatible) techniques. Directions are based on the motion of the planets and other points across the sky during the hours immediately following birth; revolutions include casting a new chart for the return of the Sun to its radical position each year.

Jarac011 wrote:Also what exactly is the difference between solar revolutions and primary directions?

Thanks
For a SR, you calculate the annual return of the sun to either its tropical or precessed celestial longitude. This tells tales about the upcoming year. The chart is considered on its own and as compared with the natal. There are also methods (mainly among western siderealists) for progressing the SR for more precise timing of events it may forecast.

Primary directions are based on diurnal motion. Very roughly speaking, one degree of motion of the RAMC corresponds to one year of life. Contacts are measured in terms of mundane positions, either of the planets or of their ecliptic projections. A very good tradition-oriented introduction is Martin Gansten's book http://www.skyscript.co.uk/rev_pd.html.

A more modern approach is presented in Rumen Kolev's booklet's Primary Directions I & II.

- Ed