The Life & Work of Vettius Valens
by Deborah Houlding
Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

The Marriage of Prince William and Kate Middleton
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark

Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ben,

Interesting analysis. I have displayed the wedding chart and another bi-wheel with William's chart surrounded by the wedding chart. Since you have joined our discussion I have presented the charts in true medieval style with Alcabitius houses. Smile

Mark
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the VOC Moon, first Lilly says that the Moon may 'work' from Pisces, and then I don't mind considering the condition as an accentuation in this chart. After all - second after the happy couple themselves, the one person who is likely to be the centre of most attention through her omnipresence is probably Prince Williams mother, Princess Lady Diana. The Moon is in the degree of the Moon's node, which is a fateful testimony - and interestingly, the Moon is also on the cusp of draconic Cancer and in exact conjunction with William's natal Sun.

It could be that the Moon's condition is a representation of things that have past, but also things to come. As the Moon is directed to Aries the matter of New Order might be decided in regards to who is to take over office after Elizabeth II. It is still an open question. Another option is that the couple could be eager to establish a family and maybe 3-4 months will pass and at that time it is possible to see a child on the horizon.

I think everyone will be wishing the best for the young couple. Smile
yuzuru

Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is interesting to see that the moon is squaring his natal ASC, sextile his natal venus.

Saturn of course it is in his return. Transit venus is opposing natal mars.
Mark

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today Prince William and Kate Middleton were married. The couple are now officially the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge ( Other titles conferred by the queen today include the Earl and Countess of of Strathearn. This might be preferred for use in Scotland). The title Princess Katherine is more popular with the public but it is formally in the gift of Queen Elizabeth II. This might take a while as she took 10 years to convey the title of Prince on her her Royal consort husband Philip.

I am no gushing royalist but you cant help but wish this couple, like all newly married couples, the very best for their future together.

Of course this is no average couple and the success/failure of this union could have a significant impact on the future of the institution of monarchy in the United Kingdom. I therefore feel this marriage chart has a very relevant place on the mundane forum on Skyscript.

We were discussing this and other royal wedding charts at my astrology association the other night and the subject of exact timing for the wedding came up. I had always assumed the wedding chart could be elected from the beginning of the service/bridal procession. However, an astrologer in my group suggests that the placing of the ring on the finger is the decisive 'moment'. Or should we go on the moment the minister/priest/Archbishop declare the couple man and wife?

I took a clock watch for the different parts of the wedding ceremony for the royal couple.

11:02:26 Bride Enters Church
11:03:54 Orchestra begins/Groom moves towards alter
11:05:35 Bridal Procession begins
11:08:28 Bride and Groom stand together at altar
11:16: Bride states 'I do'
11: 18 Groom places ring on Brides finger/Blessing
11:20 Couple pronounced man and wife
12:08:30 Married couple leave Church together
13:26 Royal Couple wave from Balcony of Buckingham Palace
13: 27 Royal Couple Kiss

I have put of charts for what seem the three key times:
1 Bridal procession commences
2 Ring on Bride's finger
3 Archbishop declares couple man and wife

This is not completely insignificant as it involves a difference of over 3 degrees on the angles. I have displayed the charts below and would welcome comment on the astrology here.

Bridal Procession

Ring on Finger

Declared Man and Wife

pankajdubey

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For their sake, I would be happy to be proven wrong but they did marry in the "Rahu Kalam period" Shocked . Just as well that it was not a traditional South Indian wedding Smile
Rolling Eyes
http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4706&highlight=rahu+kalam

Rahu Kalam : 10.06 hrs to 11.57 hrs GMT

PD
Mark

Posted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello pankajdubey,

I suspect many members here dont know anything about how Indian astrology approaches wedding charts. Rather than just give a link to an old thread it would be really helpful if you could offer us at least some delineation of this specific chart. Otherwise your post will appear quite obscure to most members here.

Thanks

Mark
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I could see, everyone played their part well. The Moon in Pisces called for a very emotional and sensitive arrangement displaying both delicacy, touch and balance. There was nothing much too loud or noisy. I loved the simplicity and purity of the trees decorating the alley inside the Cathedral, and surely the 'Sons of God Sang for Joy' on this occasion, as some of the songs performed by the choir were most beautifully voiced and had the most equisite arrangements.

The Moon was Void of Course and maybe this Wedding opens for a New Era within the history of British Royal familiy, preserving many of the old traditions but showing the will to open up new ideas and visions for the future. Both William and Cathrine seem liberally minded. And it was great touch that William drove his bride home himself, also that they decided to leave their honeymoon to a more suitable occasion. With the Moon VOC in Pisces in the 9th house, another highlight was how the Vicar did his cartwheels down the red carpet within Westminister Abbey when the joyful arangements were completed.

I do hope that they succeed in their partnership and the many projects and reforms that they may set out to accomplish together. I do feel they have a lot to offer and will be worthy representatives of the Kingdom and the British people.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sons and daughters of future Monarchs gain equal rights to the throne

It seems appropriate to report the Norwegian newspaper Aftenposten as my source, although I am sure the headlines are larger in British papers:

On October 28. in Perth, Autstralia, 16 leaders of the British Commonwealth unaimously voted that the sons and daughters of future Monarks of Britain should have equal rights to the throne. This means that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, his first-born is heir to the throne, regardless of gender. It was also decided that the monarch is no longer prevented from marrying a Roman Catholic person.

The decision means that an over 300 year old law has been changes that says that it is the firstborn son who inherits the throne. Until now there has only been in cases where the monarch has not had any sons, the female heir has taken over the throne. The present queen, Queen Elizabeth, is the eldest of two sisters, so she inherited the throne of his father King George VI.

It is interesting that this decision comes on the same day as the opposition of Jupiter in Taurus to the Sun. I am wondering what it means, but some old, conservative laws have been bypassed and there is also changes in regard to the Church.

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mark

Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Quote:
This means that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, William and Kate, his first-born is heir to the throne, regardless of gender. It was also decided that the monarch is no longer prevented from marrying a Roman Catholic person.

Thanks for updating the thread Andrew. It does seem especially relevant to this couple.

I guess this is the attempt of a constitutional monarchy to try and keep up with a society that increasingly accepts gender and religious equality as givens. The changes to the law of succession certainly go some way to meeting the public mood.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15492607

The UK Prime Minister David Cameron stated

Quote:
"As a society that values gender equality so highly, this is a long overdue," he said. "We will now have modern laws that fit our modern monarchy."

However, the UK media presentation of this issue as a move to bring greater 'equality' to the UK monarchy rather highlights the paradox of seeking to introduce equality to an institution like the monarchy in the first place. Monarchy is fundamentally based on the assumption of the inequality of the relationship between a sovereign and his/her subjects. The logical extension of an equality position for all citizens is to abolish monarchy altogether!

Even with these changes the UK monarch remains the Head of the Church of England and is expected to be an Anglican. Following, the above rationale the disestablishment of the Church of England is the next development of this kind of thinking.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane & Financial Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: