Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Australian Federal Election- 2010
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tracey

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Julie, that's what I am trying to impress on Marg...she understands and will do her best. I just hope she doesn't forget to ask in all the busyness. Will let you know either way...at least if he does not give to me, you will know that any other times are completely speculative Leery

Tracey
Tracey

Posted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And just to clarify, I live in New Zealand and knew hardly anything about the political side of things until he became leader of the Opposition. My cousin is just my cousin! She happened to meet him on a trip over there. They've come a long way since I attended their wedding back in the '80's!

Kind regards
Tracey
Alice Portman

Posted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:42 am    Post subject: Re: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

Julie K wrote:
Mark,

Julia Gillard's time of birth was said to be 'around midday' by her mother. This cannot be substanciated atm and was gained via a friend then rectified by several Australian Astrologers.

Julie K

Australian Astrologer Jill Amery has an aunt who knows Julia Gillard's parents. On Jill's instigation she asked the parents Julia's time of birth. The mother answered 'around 12.00 noon'.

If this time is near correct then the time of 11.50-52 am is the most likely. Three astrologers, Jill Amery, Ed Tamplin and myself all independently came to this same time.

RE: the chart for the Federal Liberal Party. This Party was formally announced to House of Representatives on 21 February 1945. The Parliament convened at 3.00 pm and this was the 8th item on the Agenda, putting the likely time of the announcement around 5.15 - 5.30 pm.

On the 14-16 December 1944, Non Labor people meet at Albury to form a new non-Labor Party – The Liberal Party of Australia. The meeting formally agreed on the structure of the Party, adopted a provisional Federal constitution and appointed an interim Federal Executive. Only five years later, on December 10, 1949 the Liberal Party, in coalition with the Country Party, was elected to govern the country. Robert Menzies (later Sir Robert) served more than 16 consecutive years as Prime Minister, the longest period to date.

I don’t have the time when the Provisional Federal Constitution was agreed upon or when the interim Federal Executive was appointed. I think the appointment of the Federal Executive would mark the correct time for this chart and this was likely to be on the last day of the Conference on the 16th December 1944. This date provides strong connections to all of Australia’s charts.

Note that when the Liberal Party won its first election on 10th December 1949, the Secondary Progressed Sun of this chart was conjunct the MC of the Birth of Australia chart (26th January 1788, 5.23 am, Sydney, Australia source Ed Tamplin).

Re: Federal Labor Party. I agree that the Federal Caucus chart of 8th May 1901 best describes the current Labor Party as this was the first official meeting of the Labor Caucus. You can gain more information here: http://australianpolitics.com/parties/alp/caucus-founding.shtml

Interestingly I sourced another possible date: As far as I can discover, the Federal Labor Party itself was formed on the 31st December 1900, Sydney, in the evening – the day before the Commonwealth of Australia became official. I think the time was 6.55 pm, but can’t find where I got that information. http://laborhistory.org.au/home.html#timeline

Today Andrew Wilke, an Independent MP from Hobart, announced he will back Julia Gillard in forming a minority Government. Together with the Green MP, this gives Labor 74 seats, so they need two more to form government. The other three Independents have not as yet made up their minds.

The Independents have released a Treasury analysis that showed a $7 billion to $11 billion shortfall in the Coalition's election policy costings (basically they lied!) and I think this will strongly influence their decisions.
Julie K

Posted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

Mark,

A poll has revealed many now want to go to another election to sort the mess out. The three remaining Independents are holding the public to ransom and have way too much power and they appear to be stretching things out now. Do we have a tiger by the tail?

Andrew Wilkie a former Greens candidate and Liberal who has decided to support the Labor Govt has 'signed his political death warrant' according to a report by Annabell Crabb, an ABC political reporter from 'The Drum'. Wilkie's friend ship with Cameron Simkins from Duntroon days helped push him over the line on Aug 21st. The next election will have the Liberals taking the remarkable step of preferencing Labor thus wiping Wilkie out! He is now seen as a very likely 'one term wonder'. We dont have any Birth Data for Andrew Wilkie atm, just 1961 in Tamworth.

Julie k
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Julie K

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:23 am    Post subject: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

Mark,

Tuesday Sept 07, 2010 - Time 1.57 pm - Local Canberra. Independent Bob Katter has just announced he will back the Coalition stating 'he did not want to sit around for another week doing a Dutch Auction'.

Mr Katter had not advised either Party or anyone of his decison at this time. His colleagues were still to make their decisions and he would respect them.

Ďf Kevin Rudd was still the Labor Leader his decision would have been different - Kevin's thinking and my thinking are very similar, I'm very good friends with him'.

Julie K
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mark

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Julie,

Yes I know. I have been following it live here. So does this mean the other two are thinking of going to Labor? We will find out soon enough! If they do Gillard will have an extremely shaky coalition to hold together.

Mark
Julie K

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

Mark,

Yes both tony Windsor and Rob Oakestoff are siding with Labor. Now this gives 76 to the Gillard Govt and 74 to the Coalition.

Tony Windsors time of revealing his decision was 3.07 pm and Rob Oakestoff 3.32 pm -the latter was very long winded in his announcement.

Too add my pc time out on the breaking news and I had to go to the TV! So there we have it and it may put us on shakey ground but we were there any way.

Julie K

Last edited by Julie K on Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total
Mark

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its Gillard!

The remaining two independents have decided to support Labor. This gives the Labor led coalition 76 seats and the coalition 74. Enough to govern....just!

Mark
Julie K

Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:08 pm    Post subject: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

Mark,

Birth Data for Independent Rob Oakeshott:

December 14, 1969 Lismore NSW.

Birth Data for Antony (Tony) Windsor September 02, 1950 Quirindi.

No times.

From Wikipedia.

Julie K
Mark

Posted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Alice,

I apologise for not properly responding to your valuable post before now.

Quote:
Australian Astrologer Jill Amery has an aunt who knows Julia Gillard's parents. On Jill's instigation she asked the parents Julia's time of birth. The mother answered 'around 12.00 noon'.

If this time is near correct then the time of 11.50-52 am is the most likely. Three astrologers, Jill Amery, Ed Tamplin and myself all independently came to this same time.

Thats interesting. What method of rectification were you relying on?

Quote:
RE: the chart for the Federal Liberal Party. This Party was formally announced to House of Representatives on 21 February 1945. The Parliament convened at 3.00 pm and this was the 8th item on the Agenda, putting the likely time of the announcement around 5.15 - 5.30 pm.

Thanks again. Do you have a source for that information? I did think it was a bit odd the public launching of the party didnt come until August 1945. I still think that that latter chart might be important too but I will checking out both times.

Quote:
I don’t have the time when the Provisional Federal Constitution was agreed upon or when the interim Federal Executive was appointed. I think the appointment of the Federal Executive would mark the correct time for this chart and this was likely to be on the last day of the Conference on the 16th December 1944. This date provides strong connections to all of Australia’s charts.

Another chart to choose from! Wow your spoiling us. Thumbs up

Quote:
Note that when the Liberal Party won its first election on 10th December 1949, the Secondary Progressed Sun of this chart was conjunct the MC of the Birth of Australia chart (26th January 1788, 5.23 am, Sydney, Australia source Ed Tamplin).

Surely that chart cannot be accurately timed though? Various times are proposed but they surely have to be guesstimates? Thats my impression from reading Nicholas Campion's Book of World Horoscopes anyway.

Quote:
Re: Federal Labor Party. I agree that the Federal Caucus chart of 8th May 1901 best describes the current Labor Party as this was the first official meeting of the Labor Caucus. You can gain more information here: http://australianpolitics.com/parties/alp/caucus-founding.shtml

Glad somebody agrees!

Quote:
Interestingly I sourced another possible date: As far as I can discover, the Federal Labor Party itself was formed on the 31st December 1900, Sydney, in the evening – the day before the Commonwealth of Australia became official. I think the time was 6.55 pm, but can’t find where I got that information. http://laborhistory.org.au/home.html#timeline

Again useful. I am going to save this post!
masyn

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:59 am    Post subject: Re: Australian Federal Election-21 August 2010 Reply with quote

elderwoman wrote:
australia goes to election on 21 august with t.sun opposite t. neptune, and mercury retrograde. to add to the confusion, there is an exact square between t.saturn and t.pluto. - all, of course opposing t.uranus conjt. t.jupiter r. the t.moon will be beside t.n.node conjt. Australia's natal sun in capricorn.

what a challenging set of transits!

in addition, australia's progressed sun has just entered taurus, and t.mars and t.venus will be happily conjunct on election day, in libra – the sun sign of present p.m. julia gillard – not far from her natal sun at 6 degrees libra. another good sign is her progressed jupiter which is conjunct australia's natal m.c. on election day. this could well point to a woman as p.m.

i suspect there may be a surprising, uranus-type result, with gillard only just returned as p.m., and a hung parliament with the greens. change is coming to australia in spite of a long tradition of very conservative saturnian leaders. gillard may be forced to make changes she does not want.

Well, good on you elder woman, you were pretty spot on! Leery

I checked the horoscope for 6pm in Canberra and thought the Govt would most likely scrap through by the skin of their teeth, but have some (ruining) scandals pop up shortly after winning.
Will wait to see if this JOKE of a (half)govt that has been elected will survive.
NOte : I'm not dissing the Labor party in general just this botched up alliance that's managed to bribe it's way back.

Mark moderator: RE : Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:19 pm
I was once told (years ago by my astrology teacher) that when looking at leaders of political parties, the one with the worst transits is more likely to win, because the job is such a stressful one.
Alice Portman

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark wrote:
Hello Alice,

Thats interesting. What method of rectification were you relying on?

Hello Mark

For me, transits, then pre-natal epoch if she was a natural birth, then secondary Progressions and directions.

Quote:

Thanks again. Do you have a source for that information? I did think it was a bit odd the public launching of the party didn't come until August 1945. I still think that that latter chart might be important too but I will checking out both times.

Here it is - item 8: http://www.aph.gov.au/house/info/votes/17/3RVPF001.pdf

Quote:

Surely that chart cannot be accurately timed though? Various times are proposed but they surely have to be guesstimates? Thats my impression from reading Nicholas Campion's Book of World Horoscopes anyway.

Yes it is accurately timed and responds very well to transits, lunations etc. It was researched by Ed Tamplin from records of the First Landing and slightly adjusted. If you want to further confirm you can contact him through his website.

Alice
Julie K

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Australian Federal Election 2010 Reply with quote

All,

I did read an early 2010 prediction re the possiblity of a Federal Election but cant recall who did the work.

What has ' stuck' in my mind is....'some very peculiar events predicted for Australia in the second half of 2010.'

It could have been a newspaper article but it has proven to be correct.

Julie K
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Mundane Astrology & World Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: