Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Known (satisfying) outcome - Where is my lost earring?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wintersa

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 6:31 pm    Post subject: Known (satisfying) outcome - Where is my lost earring? Reply with quote

I've just had an especially gratifying lost object chart (I know, I know... what are the odds?) and I had to share. Very Happy

Last weekend, I lost one of my earrings. I decided to cast a chart.

Do you guys want to take a stab at it before I post the outcome?
Tanit

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you assign it as the 2nd ruler, Saturn? That seems weird for an earring. I would first want to check what the earring looks like - is it old, or maybe dark or has leather or rock (earthy) attachments? Venus is a natural sig for jewelry, so I'd check which one makes more sense. Saturn is in the 10th in Virgo, also a separating 10th ruler Sun from Saturn. Seems like it was at work and oppositions can be dropping things (the opp from Jupiter, you, separating). Jupiter in Pisces could have dropped it in the bathroom or near a bathroom/water fountain, etc. (at work). I'm not sure about the Moon on the ASC and applying to Mars, after the opp to Sun (10th ruler). Maybe a young man or boy (5th ruler) was helpful in finding it. Moon on the ASC is a good argument for recovery. The item in the 10th or 11th can also mean it's kept by a friend.
yuzuru

Posted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both saturn and the IC were in the final degrees of a sign, this suggest to me that the earing was "in between" two things or places. Probably close to the floor, in a dark place, or inside something.

Moon in the ASC may suggests that it was with your things, like inside a piece of clothing, etc.
wintersa

Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting suggestions both! (Yuzuru, that's a good catch -- I hadn't noticed that but it is very accurate.)

I/querent am signified by Jupiter in Pisces; fittingly, my natal ascendant is Sagittarius. Jupiter is in the 4th and in its dignity, which is described as like a man in his own home, surrounded by his own resources. (I was at home when I cast the chart.) The angular position suggests that I have the power to act in the situation--is it accurate to say that when the querent is cadent, there is little they can do but wait for the object to turn up, or be returned to them?

The lost object is represented by the 2nd and/or 4th houses (in this case, the same Saturn in Virgo in H11) and by the Moon. (I agree that Saturn in Virgo is a weird significator for an earring, but I think it is trustworthy due to ruling both 2nd and 4th. What do you think?) Saturn is retrograde, a testimony that the object will be coming back my way -- and the Moon is less than three degrees from the Ascendant, representing the querent's body! (The conjunction is another testimony of recovery...) So it will definitely be recovered, because I will take action to find it (angular), and it is extremely close to my physical body at the time of the question. When will it be found? Extremely soon: the conjunction of the fast-moving Moon will happen in less than 3 degrees and in a mutable sign.

The earring was at the bottom of my purse, which was leaning against the chair I sat in as I wrote the question. I found it within a minute or two of asking the question. Smile

Yuzuru, spot on!
Quote:
Both saturn and the IC were in the final degrees of a sign, this suggest to me that the earing was "in between" two things or places. Probably close to the floor, in a dark place, or inside something.

It was inside a black purse, resting on the floor, and in the bottom of the purse!

Frawley says "the object's significator being close to an angle increases the likelihood of recovery, even without an aspect." Saturn (the other significator of the earring) is also applying to the ascendant, though the aspect will not perfect (?). Also, in terms of location - Frawley says that the 1st house can signify "the querent's own place in the home." Can that be taken as the room the querent is currently in? (It is also, in practice, the room I spend most time in.) Otherwise, considering Saturn, the earring is on the cusp between 10th and 11th houses. For Frawley, the 10th is the formal room of the house, and the 11th is the guest room. In my apartment, the earring was found a few feet away from the door in the lounge/living room, and next door to the guest bedroom. I can't believe it worked. Smile

Would we also be able to 'see' the loss of the earring in the chart? Saturn is separating from the opposition of Jupiter (querent), so presumably that is it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: