dr. farr, this is a really far more than a "simplistic effort" or a "little attempt" as you call it - thank you very much!

Knowing the difference of whole sign and equal houses but not using these for myeslf in traditional approach it is nonetheless always very interesting to see different techniques and experience.

But following your praxis would it not be consequent then to allot a special meaning to each space between these 12 sensitive points (in the same degrees as the ascendant) too?

Thanks Dr farr,

Thanks for going into so much detail.

I did hear Ben Dykes speak on his research into the subject of Whole Sign houses a couple of years ago and it appears his research into Persian Medieval astrology led him to conclude the early Persian astrologers worked in a similar way.

Does anyone know if his new book on Persian Nativities discusses the issue of Whole Sign houses further? I dont have a copy of this yet.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

Hello, For me the delineation of the Sun being in one house and very close to the next house cusp would make the Sun in a conjunction with the cusp as noted by another here in the forum.First it is always important to have a basic understanding of the Sun and while the description differs from person to person it still holds the same basic indications.
So for me the Sun represents the concentration of the life force and spirit,The Sun relates the the individuals focus for their life and the capacity to create and express the individual being within society to such an extent that one becomes the authority and star of their journey here in this life and so on.
The Sun within the Houses will always shine it's light on the activities or within the arenas of life to such an extent that they become highlighted and noted within one's life.The houses dictate to areas of individual's life in such a manner that we can see what planet affects what aspect of the life the individual is involved in. So the Sun as we know can brighten the house activities but,it can also overheat or cause the life force to radiate to strongly within that area of life as well when not expressed in a positive manner. Too much of a good thing is a bad thing.
So we know quite simply that the 1st house cusp represents the Individual while the second represents the Individual's Forms(structures and possessions).The 11th house represents the individuals area of life that deals with the link up with humanity within the context of our society as well as the connection to universal information and abstract goals and ideas. The Sun makes these things important within your life and in turn makes you the Authority over them within this lifetime.It just so happens that the Sun shares a part in not only the 11th house's realm of life but, also the 12th house which represents the unconscious,imaginary,spiritual, physically reclusive,detached,and energetically all encompassing sides of life.
The Sun brings both of these areas of life and melds them together through the Sun's jurisdiction and role. The Ego as represented by the Sun becomes transcendentally focused,spiritually rational,scientifically boundless in that it deals with things in life that relate to those descriptions taking you on a journey that is more unique to some degree or another.
Every Chart is unique and should be appreciated for it's complexity.The ruler of the Cusp of the 12th house will help to color it's realm and in turn has jurisdiction over the Character,Role,and Authority you represent.The Unified Goal and the Transcendence beyond Individuality on a Spiritual Plane will become joined together in Some way and you will be able to veer into the internet and link up of information and interactions in group junctions and you can peak into the hidden and spiritual realm and imaginary planes of inspiration as well in order to have a wider scope of focus than most people.
I hope some of this information has helped you out! I guess I decided to come to the Forum with a Bang! My Mars in Aries being the only fire sign in my chart helps me to just burst into the Scene.
To clarify my name is Dionysus and yea it's my real name. I am 19 years old and an astrologer/rebel psychic.I feel absolutely enthralled to be in and apart of a group or forum of people who have just as much passion about their astrological or what I call celestial musings as me. I hope to enjoy my time with you all as much as I hope you enjoy your time with me!

Welcome to Skyscript Dionysus :D

I hope you continue to find both information and inspiration from the forums here. Do take an opportunity to check out the extensive library of articles here on Skyscript if you have not already done so. :lala

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

dr. farr wrote:Thanks for your interesting posting; I welcome you aboard!!
Thank you kindly for your welcome dr. farr! I am happy to interact with more astrologers and to make wonderful new friends! I simply love this field and I love the energy of this website and when I saw that they had forums I simply had to join!

MarkC wrote:Welcome to Skyscript Dionysus :D

I hope you continue to find both information and inspiration from the forums here. Do take an opportunity to check out the extensive library of articles here on Skyscript if you have not already done so. :lala

Mark
Thank you very much MarkC! I am so happy to have you guys be so welcoming! It truly helps me to feel comfortable! See you around soon hopefully!

Thank you all! Your postings have been really useful to me and it was a pleasure reading them here.
Dionysus, very interesting, very intriguing interpretation, thank you very much!

I need to say that the chart I discussed with you above is the chart of my newborn son, delivered through a planned c-section. When I knew I had some choice over the birth date within a given week, I tried to exercise my new skills in elective astrology. My chosen date was 3 March this year, but this wish of mine was not granted for some organisational reasons. Then 5 March was my second choice within the same week. I had asked for the c-section operation to be scheduled about an hour later or even later than that, wanting to avoid any planets placed in the 12 house and also Saturn in 6th. Unfortunately it was scheduled earlier than I had wanted and I am a bit worried about the destiny my son is going to have now. He is already diagnosed with some kidney condition, which I think comes from Saturn in 6th in Libra, and had to stay in hospital for a 10 day treatment.

I have learned quite a lot here. I did think about the various house systems used and how that choice could change the interpretations of this chart, but not having used systems other than Equal houses and Placidus myself, I couldn't really judge.

Thanks a lot agian.