Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

My lost cat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wintersa

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: My lost cat Reply with quote

My cat has gone missing, and I am very worried. We moved to a new place only a few days ago, and I was still planning to keep him inside until he felt established here. He has been an indoor cat for many years, and there are a number of cats that live in the building. He slipped out of a window accidentally left open, I believe, and now I can't find him anywhere. Sad

I have posted the chart, and I will try to offer what analysis I can. Please, any help is appreciated.

[/img]
wintersa

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the question is, Where is my cat? do I take the 1st, or does it represent the cat?

Assuming that I am the querent (and L1), I am Jupiter in Pisces in the 4th -- appropriate as I am in fact in my home, with all my resources surrounding me. Jupiter is under the beams, unfortunately, but its sign rulership may protect it from the Sun's harm.

My cat is Mars, retrograde in Leo in the 9th house. The sign is appropriate for a cat and also 'bestial,' I think. The retrograde motion I will take as a hopeful sign that the cat will come back, or is already doing so. Mars is peregrine -- he is "wandering" or unpredictable. I have no idea what the 9th house could represent: a school, perhaps a church? somewhere high up, as it is near the MC? It is also the cat's turned 4th, if that matters.... it may also be relevant that we are staying abroad at the moment, so both the cat and I are in a foreign country.

This is my first "lost" chart, but I have seen several others. I think that testimonies of recovery might include aspects between the Moon and my signifier Jupiter, between the Moon and the ruler of the 4th house (as "home"), or between Mars and Jupiter, the ascendant, or the 4th house.

There are two aspects that seem promising, but they are all separating. I don't know how to interpret that. The Moon is separating from the trine of Jupiter (querent); Mars is separating from the sextile of Saturn ("home"). Mars is applying, however, to the trine of Venus, ruler of the 12th house. Sad Venus is opposing Saturn, ruler of the home. (Or should we take the 1st as home, since it is "my" house?)

If the Moon is cosignificator of the lost thing or person, I am afraid that my cat might be in trouble: the Moon is in Scorpio, the sign of its fall, and in the 12th house. If it is descriptive of the cat's position, maybe it would suggest that the cat is trapped (imprisoned) somewhere, or in an unusually hidden place; perhaps near things related to plumbing (Scorpio).

My significator in an angular house would suggest that I have power to act, while my cat is cadent - perhaps he is trapped somewhere and I can help?
Tanit

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you've seen this before, but it's helpful:
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/wit.html

Quote:
If the question is, Where is my cat? do I take the 1st, or does it represent the cat?

I would take the 6th ruler Mars to be the cat.

It seems like he's hidden well somewhere high up (9th) and where there is heat (fire sign), like a chimney or attic near a chimney, etc. He's in aspect with Saturn in Libra, which is also usually high up and possibly a dark place (Saturn). Saturn rules the 3rd/4th, so maybe he's at a neighbor's house, high up somewhere and stuck.

A cadent place is very hard to find, and the Moon is also cadent and unfortunate in the 12th, in fall, and in the via combusta.

Where's the PoF? Venus may find him with the applying trine, which might be a young woman or child (5th house).

Skyscript:
Quote:
Signs cusps can be symbolic of boundaries. For example, a significator changing signs may show the missing item is behind something, near a boundary or near the joining of two rooms.

He's on the Leo/Cancer boundry, so maybe between heat and water somehow.
Goca

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My cat has gone missing, and I am very worried.

Do, not worry, ruler of cat is rx that is sure sign cat will come back!
Ruler in fixed signs means to search in woods, parks, low places, near the earth, well hidden, or on level ground near the chimney or a source of heat.
9 house means to look near some church, college or school.

Direction Southwest
Near colour: red, black
http://fensi88.livejournal.com/
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If the Moon is cosignificator of the lost thing or person, I am afraid that my cat might be in trouble: the Moon is in Scorpio, the sign of its fall, and in the 12th house. If it is descriptive of the cat's position, maybe it would suggest that the cat is trapped (imprisoned) somewhere, or in an unusually hidden place; perhaps near things related to plumbing (Scorpio).

I think this is a key point. But the Moon is applying to the trine of the Sun which is a good sign - it can indicate discovery. So there's reason for you to be hopeful. Do everything you can to advertise your situation in your new and old neighbourhood because this might indicate that recovery comes via 'news' rather than personal searching.

Good luck - I hope you find your cat soon
Deb
wintersa

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help and well wishes, everyone! I have good news: the peregrine is back. Smile My cat returned very early this morning, before dawn. I left a large window open, in the hopes that he would see it - but then locked the door to the room it led to, so that it would be safe to sleep with the window open. I was awakened by the sound of him mewling because he was stuck in the locked room and wanted to be let out. Smile

I am grateful for all your posts, and hope that the chart is useful or fun. It's a pity that I wasn't able to tell where he was while gone. Could the Moon in the 12th house signify his eventual 'imprisonment' in the locked living room, or is that just a coincidence?

I wonder, is it possible to figure out a description of the cat from his significators? He is Mars in Leo, sextiling Saturn (in Libra) - so that would give him Mars mixed with Sun, Saturn, yes?
Goca

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ma rx is cat disposed by Su in 4 house, pretty descriptive- cat's comeback to home.
At what direction is that room or that window where you found cat and near what colors you found the cat when you enter the room?
Paul
Administrator

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wintersa

Glad the cat came back! There's nothing worse than a missing pet with no idea if the pet is safe or killed or just out galavanting!
wintersa

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goca, the room/window faces South, possibly slightly Southeast. The cat came in through a room that is mostly white and beige.

Edit: Thanks Paul! I was so relieved to see him. Smile
Goca

Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does not fit with ruler probably fit with placement of POF. Thanks.
dr. farr

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful the cat returned. I'm "Johnny come lately" here, but I was about to make a brief post just before the cat returned: to me (in my own unusual approach to horary) the cat's significator was Mercury (Lord of the 7th House, the "house of the absent"); I felt from this that the cat was in good health (Mercury having no significant negative aspects, being conjunct Jupiter), was near or approaching (or seeking to approach) other cats (Mercury near the Sun-I follow the Egyptians and consider the Sun the significator for cats-Moon significator for {domestic} dogs); I also felt good prospects because of Mercury being in the 4th House (the home), indicating the cat (Mercury) had not strayed too far from home. The fact that Mercury (cat) is conjunct Lord of the Ascendant (Jupiter)-considering you as Lord of the Ascendant-also suggested to me that the cat continued to be connected to you (Mercury conjunct Jupiter) in a beneficial way (Jupiter in its domicile) (ie, cat continued to have your image in its mind-Mercury relating to mind)
The only hard aspect Mercury (cat) has is square to Ascendant-this makes sense to me because the cat (Mercury) caused you (Ascendant) worry and concern by its actions (Mercury squaring Ascendant)

Glad all turned out well
(PS: I have 5 cats...and a dog)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: