Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Is it safe to travel? Outcome known.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tara

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:27 pm    Post subject: Is it safe to travel? Outcome known. Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I received the question, "Is it safe to go overseas on Feb.20?" on February 11th at 11:23 am EST, Toronto. 0 Gemini was rising, so initially I was going to decline, but then I saw that, a) there was hour agreement, b) the chart seemed to be addressing the situation quite clearly. So I cast caution to the wind and jumped in.

Mercury L1 was peregrine in 10th applying to trine of Saturn L9, with reception, so all looked good on that score. However, Mercury's next aspect after that was a nasty angular opposition to peregrine Mars Rx in the 4th. L1 is also L2, and Mars, L12, was exactly square PF in 12th, so it looked to me like there was some financial stress on the home front which was going to cause a delay in the travel plans.

I wrote to the querent, saying I didn't see any particular danger from the trip itself, but that I didn't think he'd go at this time because of something financial that would come up and have to be dealt with first.

Well he wrote back and said there wasn't any financial problem that he could think of that would cause him to delay the trip, and he and his girlfriend had decided for sure they were going to go.

So I thought I'd blown it and was kicking myself for accepting a 0 degree ascendant question, but then today I heard back from him and it turns out that he was hit with an unexpected financial glitch over the weekend, and so they have had to postpone the trip until May.

I'm posting this because it's an interesting example of a 0 degree rising chart which appeared to result in a wrong answer, but then in the end the prediction was correct.

Tara
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tara

Well done on sticking with your judgement! I put an image of the chart into your post, so we can see it more clearly.

Another aspect to this is that an early ascendant will often show the matter asked about is not focused correctly - because the querent hasn't yet understood the importance of a more major issue that will make the question redundant.
If you had stuck rigidly to the original question - "is it safe to fly" then the Mars opposition might have led you to say "no" it's not safe - and imagine the consequences of that! As it is, you used the symbolism and took that early ascendant into account. A lovely striking chart - thanks for sharing your account of it.

Deb
cor scorpii

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saturn, lord of the 9th retrograde, also signifies that the planned voyage doesn't take place within the specified time frame -Saturn can't retain the light of Mercury.
Nice example, thanks.

Regards,
Goran
Tara

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Deb wrote: If you had stuck rigidly to the original question - "is it safe to fly" then the Mars opposition might have led you to say "no" it's not safe - and imagine the consequences of that! As it is, you used the symbolism and took that early ascendant into account.

Thanks for giving more credit that is due, Deb. I judged as I did based solely on the fact that L9, exalted and in a good house, received the trine of L1 with reception. I thought that meant the trip itself posed no danger. I didn't really know what to make of the early ascendant, so it didn't factor into my judgment, although I see what you're talking about now.

Just to clarify, do you think that, had there not been an early ascendant, the Mars opposition following the trine from L9 might have represented a danger from the trip, even though it was on the 4th and had no rulership of the 9th? Would it be incorrect to assume that L9 would have the last word on whether the trip itself would be safe or not? I know there are no hard and fast rules but there is a principle I'm trying to grasp here.

Quote:
Goran wrote: Saturn, lord of the 9th retrograde, also signifies that the planned voyage doesn't take place within the specified time frame -Saturn can't retain the light of Mercury.

Yes I did factor L9 being Rx into my judgment. Thanks for pointing this out, Goran.

Tara
Deb
Administrator

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tara - I don't know. The only thing I can see is that with the asc-ruler applying closely to the opposition of that horrible angular Mars, something was going to go wrong about this trip. But Mars an the IC points to underlying problems rather than events that happen 'up there for all to see' so I would have suspected financial problems like you said, or even domestic disagreements before something like, a problem in an airflight (I know you didn't say that's what he was worried it, but its the first thing I thought of!).
Deb
cor scorpii

Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My experience has shown me so far that an angular malefic(especially Mars,posited in a fixed sign - Bonatti mentions this in his considerations) always causes problems and distress in the matter inquired about, all the more so when it is in an 'angle' from the ruler of the ascendant. Here we have both these conditions fulfilled.
I would have judged problems at home(in general) contributing to the negative outcome.
However, I think that the state of Saturn has the final say on whether the trip would be safe or no. The trip in this case would be the safest possible - it wouldn't be taking place at all. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: