Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Should I stop using tarot/divination tools?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulieYvonne

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanit333 wrote:
This is very common among readers, especially new ones. When I first started, I couldn't go a day without asking a question, and I often repeated the same questions. One of my friends also started to use me as an "oracle," because she was amazed at my accuracy - and would ask me q's that were for entertainment value vs. real significance. I think, in a way, it is good to ask many and varied questions in the beginning because you need experience, and first-hand experience is usually the most significant for you and impacts how you learn/grow as an astrologer.

I agree with this. When I was first introduced to tarot I did spreads excessively which helped me learn, but also showed that overuse dilutes the power of the cards.

I have asked many horary questions which I record and review as I learn . I read them as new when I get more information, and am amazed at what the chart reveals with increasing knowledge.
yuzuru

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have asked many horary questions which I record and review as I learn . I read them as new when I get more information, and am amazed at what the chart reveals with increasing knowledge.

This is the mark of an astrologer (and stock market trader, and lawyer, and doctor, etc)... to learn from previous experience!

Without constantly reviewing older charts in the light of new knowledge, it like a person with dementia, no memory, no learning.
Maxz

Posted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yuzuru wrote:
1- asking the same question hoping it will change by magic, 2 - asking trivial questions because of anxiety or 3 - asking questions that are entwined.

Best regards
Y

I think this should be added to the list of Strictures Against Judgement. Smile
Sunny Dawn

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread is great. Tracey's post on her kids cracked me up. Some children shouldn't get horaries until turning 18, apparently.

I have learned to "work" with my addiction. Here's my framework. Horaries are the most accurate form of divination, so they are my "drug" in reserve, like vancomycin, when nothing else works. No abusing the vancomycin.

Tarot is like erythromycin - darn good broad-spectrum drug, with way too much use. So I do a "six-month" tarot reading at the fall equinox, and again at the spring equinox. Any other reading for myself, and I will be tempted to do plenty, is only going to "go out" a few days or so, and I know it.

My pendulum is like clindomycin - its now 50% worthless due to contamination. I use it all the time. Its in my car in the little box between the driver and the passenger seat. I use it at traffic lights. I could swear that demons are now swinging the darn thing on certain questions. It absorbs my addiction, and I don't have to ruin all my divination tools.

My Blog: http://slushpileastrology.blogspot.com/
Tracey

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sunny Dawn

They were only lost horaries...phones, wallets, silly little things that get left in pockets and they can't be bothered looking through everything...somehow the chart will place the object right under their noses and they won't have to look in lots of different places. We always love the mystery of finding something - it's down low, on the edge, by books....it's as if they are solving some whodunnit! It's always lots of fun.

On another level, my older daughter is 15 and now that she is interested in boys is at the age reads her horoscope in the paper and is asking me to look at her chart for what will happen. I'd rather she know that there is more than sun-sign columns so I am slowly revealing her chart to her as she displays certain traits or achieves something like her sports or maths. I would rather do it that way than simply sit down and "tell" her. This allows her to be more conscious of herself in a developmental way rather than having it spoon-fed to her.

Probably getting off track with the topic here!
Tracey
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: