Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

Champions League 2008/2009
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ficina

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do you calculate POV, Ficina?

Asc + Jupiter - Part of Spirit
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Asc + Jupiter - Part of Spirit
Shocked

No wonder it ended up on the scrap heap!
I hope Barcalona can a win on their own'a...
Ficina

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No wonder it ended up on the scrap heap!

Hey, it is an Al Biruni original Cool

I've had a look at the other games you mentioned and agree Bordeaux/Chelsea may well produce a surprise. Perhaps you could check Inter Milan chart. I have 0058' Leo rising.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Perhaps you could check Inter Milan chart. I have 0058' Leo rising.

Guess which game I got wrong!!?

Sp.Lisbon - Barcelona 2-5
Liverpool - Marseille 1-0
Bordeaux - Chelsea 1-1 Very Happy Thumbs up
Inter - Panathinaikos 0-1 Sad

Give me some credit for picking the Chelsea draw and getting 3 out of 4 right, but that didn't help me since I went the wrong way in the Inter game! Panathinaikos won at the odds of 10,00:1!! Sick You're right Ficina, I did get the ascendant wrong since I calculated the chart for Milan and not Milano. The Leo ascendant makes the chart not radical and seeing that I would not have backed an Inter win. Sad

Oh well - that was close! Anyone else do any well? Ficina, it looks as if we were the only two following the games this evening. Is the Part of Victory back on your hotlist again?? Confused

Atl.Madrid won their game. Do you think Venus' opposition to the asc was close enough and did the job? The game did produce a 2-1 result, notice??
Gem

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you deserve credit Andrew, well done Thumbs up
I've been looking at some of the charts and have a question from Tuesday's charts but now I'm presed for time.

Aren't Milan and Milano the same? Confused
Ficina

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done on the Chelsea draw, Andrew Thumbs up

As for Inter Milan and Athletico Madrid games, I could see nothing significant in either chart which is why I didn't comment on them.

The Part of Victory supported the faves on this occasion, but I'm not sure how well it would stand up against other testimonies or whether it is able to give victory to an underdog. So I still have reservations but will keep an eye on it.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me that it would be more like a Part of Blessings, rather that a Part of Victory.
Al Briumi changes the calculation of the Part of Spirit in a Nocturnal chart, doesn't he? Asc+Jupiter-POS would bless, while Asc+Jupiter-POF would grant...
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday, 9. Dec.

Here we go again. There are a few considerations that should be taken ahead of this evenings games: Barcelona, Inter, Atl.Madrid and Liverpool are already qualified. This could affect the way these games spin out.

Teams like Bordeaux, Anorthosis and Shakhtar Dnk. have a fighting chance. These boys will be willing to give everything! For clubs like CFR Cluj, Bremen, Basel, Marseille and PSV Eindhoven it is already game ove - but there is always the honor of winning a match, so they could still suprize.

Roma (Ita) - Bordeaux (Fra), 20.45 CET
Odds: 1,70 3,65 5,25
Asc 5LE40 MC 13AR59 Moon 7TA46 POF 25SG18
Played on the Day of Mars, Hour of Mars/Sun. The chart is radical with either Mars of Sun as Lord of the Hour, but seeing the changing of guards the draw comes to mind. POF is conjunct Mercury who has digities on the 7th by triplicity. Roma will be strong, but a draw is sufficient for them to advance in the tournement.

Chelsea - CFR Cluj, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 1,14 8,00 20,00
Asc 7LE21 MC 16AR17 Moon 7TA46 POF 27SG00
Played in the hour of Mars. Radical. The betties have this game rated as a one way race. The Moon in her exaltation in the 10th and square the Ascendant should be enough for a favourite win.

Eindhoven - Liverpool, 20.45 CET, 51N26, 5E29
Odds: 2,70 3,25 2,60
Asc 11LE29 MC 22AR20 Moon TA46 POF 0CP57
Betties hold this game as open. The telling factor in the chart is POF conj Pluto. Lord of Hour and 10th, Mars, is combust the Sun L1. Does this mean that the home team is in control? Do we give the game to the underdogs Eindhoven? Or does Pluto conj POF represent Liverpool? We might discuss one. Eindhoven have nothing to win (SN conj Asc) but honor, Liverpool have nothing to loose (NN conj Desc.) and are through to the next stage. I'm going with Pluto conj POF and L10 combust - Liverpool win!

Total odds on the tripple 10.82:1!
----------------------------------------

Basel (Sui) - Sp.Lisbon (Por), 20.45 CET
Odds: 2,65 3,30 2,60
Asc 10LE34 MC 24AR34 Moon 7TA46 POF 0CP13
This should be a good game. Similar to Liverpool's combat. POF conj Pluto. L10 combust. Sporting Lisboa need to take points to be certain of advancement. I think they will show their best and win.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chelsea (Eng) - CFR Cluj (Rom) 2-1 Thumbs up
Roma (Ita) - Bordeaux (Fra) 2-0
Bremen (Ger) - Inter (Ita) 2-1
Panathinaikos (Gre) - Anorthosis (Cyp) 1-0
Barcelona (Esp) - Shakhtar Dnk. (Ukr) 0-1
Basel (Sui) - Sp.Lisbon (Por) 0-1 Thumbs up
Marseille (Fra) - Atl.Madrid (Esp) 0-0
PSV Eindhoven (Ned) - Liverpool (Eng) 1-3 Thumbs up

Well, I don't know where everyone was but I had a wonderful evening and made a pocket. The only match that didn't work out was between Roma and Bordeaux where I went for a draw but Roma won 2-0, probably because the chart was radical whether either Mars or Sun was Lord of the Hour, so it didn't matter with the hour being on the cusp of a guard shift.

Now interesting things did occur this evening. Barcelona had nothing to fight for, so they gave 3 points to Sjakhar - but that didn't get the Ukrainians anywhere because Sporting Lisboa took 3 points in their game and sorted matters out in own accord.

Inter Milan must have been half-sleeping and gave 3 points to Bremen. It wasn't important. Note that both Sp.Lisbon and Liverpool got their games with POF conj Pluto.
---------------------------
I wish I had played a combination including my favourites Wolves, B'ham and Kidderminster. They all won their matches. Smile

Last edited by Andrew Bevan on Wed Dec 10, 2008 12:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of Wednesday's matches mean anything. It is already decided which 8 teams advance to the next round. This, and strategy, will influence the teams motivation to win on this evening. The most interesting games are where teams are fighting to avoid ending last in their group.

ManU - Aalborg, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 1,22 6,00 14,00
Asc 7LE58 MC 15AR11 Moon 22TA35 POF 11CP24
Played in the hour of the Moon. The Moon casts her antiscia to the ascendant. Radical. ManU will probably be sending in the 2nd team again today, but that might be a motivating factor. Victory.

Celtic-VillaReal, 19.45 GMT
Odds: 2,30 3,20 3,20
Asc 8LE23 MC 12AR55 Moon 22TA35 POF 11CP50
The hour of the Moon. Not radical. This may spill out to Celtic's advantage. Celtic are already out of the tournement and VillaReal through to the next round. Do VillaReal feature their 2nd team? I spy POF casting it's antiscia to Mars, L10, so I feel that the home team underdogs may have a chance. It is a matter of honour more than anything.

Dynamo Kiev (Ukr) - Fenerbahce (Tur), 20.45 CET
Odds: 1,80 3,55 4,35
Asc 29LE08 MC 19TA08 Moon 22TA35 POF 2AQ35
The hour of Saturn puts radicality under doubt, but I expect Dynamo to win with POF conj Venus, L10.
Andrew Bevan

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManU-Aalborg 2-2!!

Well, that could mean that the Lady of the hour casting her antiscia to the ascendant does not save from non-radicality. Apart from that I did well and also scored on a duplet between a Dynamo Kiev victory and Watford beating Norwich! Dynamo Kiev won 1-0. Celtic beat VillaReal 2-0!! Thumbs up

Note that Juventus also played a 0-0 draw against Borisov. That was probably the biggest suprize of the day together with the ManU match. Shocked
Ficina

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpool v Chelsea, 7.45pm BST (-1), Anfield, Asc 1728' Libra

Liverpool are faves. Moon is applying conj antiscion L7 and opposing POF, although at 1 it might be too wide. Chart isn't radical and hour ruler, Mars, is L7. Not looking good for Liverpool even if we give them the Desc using the colour method.

The natals are interesting. Using a time of 11.20am for Liverpool (15 Mar 1892) puts their Moon on the match chart Asc, 1 away in 12th. I'd prefer it to be partile and, in any case, the time might not be correct. Chelsea (14 Mar 1905) have a Sun/Mars partile trine in their chart and these planets make a partile trine to the match chart MC!

I've noted three occasions recently with Mars aspecting MC when the teams in question have scored 4 goals. Could be coincidence of course Wink These aspects have been two squares and a conjunction. Whether a trine would work in the same way, I don't know. I hope not, but then I am somewhat biased in favour of Liverpool.

All these different testimonies have got me confused but, on the whole, I can't see Liverpool winning. Does anyone else have any views?
SusieN

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lifi

I agree with you that it doesn't look good for the home team - Venus is in bad shape, plus the Sun energises the Desc. Though it may be a very good idea to employ the colour method here - I'll go with Mars any day of the week Wink
Gem

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't look that bad for Liverpool. Moon conj anti-L1 didn't work in last night's charts and here the Moon opp POF is separating. Liverpool have the advantage of playing at home and the worst result could be only a draw, especially considering their recent form.
Ficina

Posted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liverpool 1 - 3 Chelsea

Worst fears confirmed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Sport and Speculation All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: