Can assassinations be prevented? by Elsbeth Ebertin
translated by Jenn Zahrt PhD
A Guide to Interpreting The Great American Eclipse
by Wade Caves
The Astrology of Depression
by Judith Hill
Understanding the mean conjunctions of the Jupiter-Saturn cycle
by Benjamin Dykes
Understanding the zodiac: and why there really ARE 12 signs of the zodiac, not 13
by Deborah Houlding

Skyscript Astrology Forum

job question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
saturnian777

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: job question Reply with quote

Hi folks,

The question was

"Will I get a better job by the end of the summer?"

And the chart does not look great.

The Moon seems to be VOC, unless you count a trine to Neptune that it has already separated from by a few minutes.

Venus, my Significator, is Combust and Cadent. Nothing going on in the 10th, although its ruler, again, the Moon, is in the 1st, in what could be the only positive sign.

Can't really see much more of note.

Am I on the mark here?

Thanks in advance,

I.
SusieN

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there

Chart details would be good...

Best,
Susie
saturnian777

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

um...duh

sorry bout that

moscow, russia

2:39 pm

june 13, 2008

thanks for the heads up!
Mark

Posted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Only time for a quick look I am afraid.

A combust significator is one the traditional considerations that Bonatti states do not bode well for the question asked. Its probably worse than a VOC Moon since this can be mitigated by being in signs like Cancer (domicile ruler), Taurus (exaltation), Sagittarius or Pisces ( Jupiter, greater benefic ruled) or Lord 1 being strong.

Still, one must avoid a blanket approach to horary. See this amusing example of a horary with a combust significator that turned out successfully for the querant...although not without considerable stress and anxiety along the way.......

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/shiptravel.html

If we put that issue to one side the next most crucial factor is the state of the Moon as its both Lord 10 as well as the general indicator of the flow of events. Its in the via combusta indicating a lot of distress surrounding the question.

Using Lilly's approach the Moon is within moeity orb to an applying sextile of Saturn across the sign boundary. However, when the aspect does perfect the Moon will be be in fall in Scorpio to Saturn (which is peregrine). In fact it will be in the traditionally worst degree for the Moon (3 Scorpio opposite the exaltation degree of 3 Taurus).

Saturn is Lord 4/5. ( regio houses) Indicating either something pulling you back to home/family or an indicator of the tough time time you may be going though. Thats supported by the combust state of your significator which is Lord 1 & 2.

The only ray I see is the fact the moon is quite close to the fixed star Spica. That will not change the basic configuration of this chart. However, it may provide a bit of luck in some other area not necessarily directly related to your question.

Im afraid this doesnt look a very promising chart from the perspective of your question. Maybe you need to consider a different time, location or type of work for your job search?

Good luck

Mark
saturnian777

Posted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for leaving this one without a reply for so long --- I've been traveling and have had limited access to computers.

Mark -- thanks for taking a look. I agree wholeheartedly that the chart is less than promising.

No new job as of yet, but we continue to hope...

I.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Horary & Electional Astrology All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: