Id go third.....a visa is only a piece of paper, or moreso a stamp......you cant travel anywhere without it so that rules out the 9th....
its kind of a contract too...id go the 3rd
Perseverantia omnia vincit

I'd go for the 3rd house for visa because it is a document.But I would also look to the 10th house as an additional source of information, because a visa as an official governmental document relates to government too.

Cheers,
Sigma

I would also be tempted to use the 3rd. I've fielded some questions about overseas work (not from myself! :lol: ) and usually the 3rd significator seems....well... significant. The 3rd rules documentation and things of that nature, so if we are talking about relevant paperwork to travel, the 3rd fits the bill.

GH :)

I would go along with the 3rd house too. Its an important document and thats simply where documents belong.

Ok I see the argument for the 9th house based on the distant travel and legal matters.

However, I feel these are subsidiary factors in the same way as a property deed could be linked to the 4th house while still retaining its generic 3rd house character. Its just seems to be complicating matters.

For example where would a will be assigned if its yours? The 3rd house is the essence of simplicity. However, once we start to speculate we could give its to the 2nd house, 4th house, 8th house, 9th house, 10th house ( 3rd from 8th) or 11th house (3rd from the 9th). You end up in a jungle of views.

Gettiing back to visas I would have thought the 10th house representing governmental authority would be very relevant too if you are awaiting the outcome of an application.
Last edited by Mark on Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Stan,

Glad to see you have caught the horary bug!

I think if we were discussing your actual driving documents ie provisional or full driving licence I would agree with you on 3rd house.

However, if you have a horary on passing the test I would look elsewhere. The 9th house represents exams and tests while the 10th is those with authority.

However, I seem to remember a heated thread on this very topic way back on skyscript. Someone did make a case for the 3rd house ruler representing the car as a mode of transport. I wouldnt work on that basis myself though.

I look at it rather like a job horary as the exam is ultimately decided by a government official. So its the relationship of your first house significator and Lord 10. Lord 10 is important as a general indicator of wordly success and honours. Lets face it passing your driving test is quite a public thing. Most people cant wait to tell friends and relatives. That also links it to a very public, angular house like the 10th. However, I would also take a look at Lord 9 too as this is a test. As always the Moon is descripive of the general flow of events.

I recently failed a driving test. Lord 10 did seem to sum up my examiner perfectly!

Mark

Wow! So many opinions! But all seem to have some bits of validity! Makes sense that the Visa itself would be the 3rd house..but, if the question is, "Will I be granted the Visa to work/study abroad?" then, do we look to the 10th as the governmental body granting the Visa? Or, do we look to the 3rd to see if any relationship exists between L1 and L3? Seems in some ways, we would need some relationship with both rulers? Because we will not have that "piece of paper" L3 UNTIL we get past the scrutiny and red tape of the government. (L10) Hmmm, has anyone else fielded questions like this and had success in giving an accurate answer with timing? Because they always will ask IF you say yes, "when will it happen?"
Thanks guys!
Juli