Hi Julie,

Re your comment,
The Moon does not go with the quesited
Deb teaches in her horary certificate course that the Moon can signify querent, quesited, or the situation in general. I find that a direct aspect between Moon and L8 in a question about death is more or certainly every bit as relevant as an aspect between lord of quesited and Saturn as general significator of death. Either way, we get our timing, as is often the case with reliable indicators of timing - it's there in more ways than one.

Tara

Thanks, Julie. We all find the teachers who are meant for us I guess. Difference of opinion makes for interesting conversation as long as it stays civil, as you pointed out.

Cheers. :)
Tara

Thank you all for your interest

4?15 = 4 months and 7 days
so we just have a difference of 5 days.
Thank you to have noticed it. Therefore, it's better to see the degree of the perfection in order to find the good orb.

I think that the square Lune/Mercury shows that the death is coming. Maybe it symbolized my mourning, the reception showing that I was also 'happy" for him because he found a kind of peace after all this suffering.

But I don't understand why the conjunction Venus/Saturne is in the 9th house. What do you think about that?

Decumbiture Rules

According to rules of decumbiture (I am using Richard Saunders), we need three signs of death for the chart to predict death. And no signs of recovery.

The planets involved in the signs of death may be applying or separating.

The one which shows the last time frame, chronologically, is the one that shows the timing of the death. Say the first sign is separating, as I believe it is on your chart. That one is in the past. Of the next two signs of death, one may be timed in 3 months another in 5 months. We would time the death by the one that happens last. So a death chart shows three "knells" of death, and the final one is fatal.

Richard Saunders has about thirty pages of rules for death or recovery.

If I could only get my ascendant to match yours, I would give this chart a try. I may work on it later today, when things settle down here.

Thank you for sharing the chart.

Best regards,

Pam
"Id rather learn from one bird how to sing than teach ten thousand stars how not to dance"

Hi Julie, it?s a pleasure to found your post here!
The Moon does not go with the quesited
Hi Tara:
Deb teaches in her horary certificate course that the Moon can signify querent, quesited, or the situation in general. I find that a direct aspect between Moon and L8 in a question about death is more or certainly every bit as relevant as an aspect between lord of quesited and Saturn as general significator of death.

I?m new in this forum and I have some remarks here;-)
I agree with Tara: the Moon is, in my point of view, the trigger. Masha?allah says that in general we can say that the last aspect of the Moon has to do with the querent and the next aspect of the Moon has to do with the quesited. More than this: in this case the Moon is also the exaltation ruler of Taurus, que uncle, so the Moon is configured to the quesited. Mercury, by another hand, is the ruler of the death house.
I was thinking on the reception...Mercury receives the Moon by rulership. Masha?allah would never accept this as a testimony of death, but we must think that Mercury is changing signs to Leo, and when the ruler of the house of death doesn?t receive the Moon anymore this is an horrible thing to the Moon, namely to lose the reception. So the death happened at this time.
We must think also that when Mercury enters in Leo the Moon receives it by exaltation, so she is open to the death.
I can?t explain the 4 months instead of 5 : may be the reason is because the Moon is a fast planet in a cardinal sign? Time is a tough matter.

best

Clelia
http://www.astrologiahumana.com

Mercury receives the Moon by rulership

Hello Clelia,
just a few remarks I would like to add here.
Since mercury is in cancer, it is under the rulership of the moon-hence moon receives mercury, right? Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?
Please correct me if it is so.
The way I've understood the definition of reception by Masha'llah is following- the planet is receiving another if this second planet is in the first planet's rulership, egzaltation or the two minor dignities(triplicity, term or face) AND they simultaneously form a Ptolemaic aspect.

So, since the moon is in aries, it cannot be received by mercury, because mercury hasn't got any dignity in this part of aries let alone rulership/egzaltation. The two planets which can offer reception to this moon are thus mars(rulership) and sun(egzaltation and triplicity).

Masha?allah would never accept this as a testimony of death, but we must think that Mercury is changing signs to Leo, and when the ruler of the house of death doesn?t receive the Moon anymore this is an horrible thing to the Moon, namely to lose the reception. So the death happened at this time.
We must think also that when Mercury enters in Leo the Moon receives it by exaltation, so she is open to the death.
When mercury enters leo, it will be received by the sun, but I can't see how the moon can receive any planet in leo, since it doesn't have any dignity there. And leo hasn't got an egzaltation ruler. :?

Greetings :)

Dads brother is shown by Lord6, Venus placed in the 9th, retro in Virgo.
Couple of ways to look at this. Go derived 8th from 6th, which brings up lord 1 - Jupiter in the 1st, retro in Sag.
But that is around 8 degrees...no use here unless you wat to make up a new technique that will fit.

Other one Im looking at is L6 and L5. Lord 5 as its the 12th (end of) from 6th (uncle). Orb is 3.28, which doesnt look anything meaningfull at first glance.

Its like doing that maths puzzle on countdown, but cant quite get to add them all upto number 465.

cor scorpii wrote:
Mercury receives the Moon by rulership

"Hello Clelia,
just a few remarks I would like to add here.
Since mercury is in cancer, it is under the rulership of the moon-hence moon receives mercury, right? Or am I misunderstanding what you wrote?
Please correct me if it is so."

Hi Cor Scorpii!

I have to thank you to correct my wrong commentary! Of course it?s the the Moon that receives Mercury, lord of the 8th.

"The way I've understood the definition of reception by Masha'llah is following- the planet is receiving another if this second planet is in the first planet's rulership, egzaltation or the two minor dignities(triplicity, term or face) AND they simultaneously form a Ptolemaic aspect."

As a matter of fact Masha?allah only accepts rulership and exaltation. But Bonatti says that two minor dignities would do the same effect than a major dignity.
"So, since the moon is in aries, it cannot be received by mercury, because mercury hasn't got any dignity in this part of aries let alone rulership/egzaltation. The two planets which can offer reception to this moon are thus mars(rulership) and sun(egzaltation and triplicity)."

Yes: it?s not a mutual reception. The case is that the Moon receives the lord of death and Masha?allhah says that if the quesited ruler receives the lord of death is not so good as if the opposite occurs, but it doesn?t harm. When the Moon does not receive Mercury anymore( because he changed to Leo) the dead occured. This is my hypothesisJ : :P

Masha?allah would never accept this as a testimony of death, but we must think that Mercury is changing signs to Leo, and when the ruler of the house of death doesn?t receive the Moon anymore this is an horrible thing to the Moon, namely to lose the reception. So the death happened at this time.
"When mercury enters leo, it will be received by the sun, but I can't see how the moon can receive any planet in leo, since it doesn't have any dignity there. And leo hasn't got an egzaltation ruler. :?"

As I said above, the Moon received the lord of death and when he changed signs the connection was lost and the death occured. Sorry for the mistake and the confusion! All began because I changed the planet that was received!

Thank you again for the helpful comments!

Greetings

Clelia
http://www.astrologiahumana.com