Dignity query

Hi to all....
I'm doing a horary for a friend.
She is signified as Moon in Aquarius and the person she asks about is Sun in Aquarius approx 1 deg 24' away from conjunction.
Sun (he) is in his detriment...playing away from home and putting himself in a vulnerable position.
Moon (she) in Aquarius has face....carrying a certain amount of respect but struggling to maintain it.

But here is where I need your help.
Moon is in Sun's detriment.
Sun is in Moon's face. (could this be meant literally as it is just as my friend described?)
Hope that is how it is said.

I find it hard to get my head round... can anyone explain last two positions?
Would be grateful for any help.

Gina.

The Moon is combust in your chart, which will negate any positives anywhere else: New Moons are particularly bad for horary readings where positive outcomes are desired. Your friend is powerless to act. The exchange of dignities in your chart is weak: if planets are in detriment, or are in the detriment of the other significator, it means that while there may be some mutual interest, it is in neither person's best interest to be interested!

But I'm intrigued by the choice of significators; is there not a more 'primary' significator than the moon; the chart as I would read it would have your friend as 1st house Cancer ascendant and the person she is asking about as 2nd house Leo ruler, which would put both of them into the 8th house in your chart, or thereabouts. Would you fill us in a little better?

Thanks! :)

Thanks Archergirl

13:47 17th Feb 2007 Kent UK (regio)
You are right in saying it is in neither person's best interest to be interested. He is her boss of some standing and reputation in partnership of solicitors....happily married with teenage children or so we are led to believe.
My friend is besotted with him and there has been a certain amount of flirting, slap and tickle, hands on kind of stuff between them.
What my friend asks, is she gonna get him into bed, you know, the full on bodily contact thingy! :brows
(Didn't it used to be the men asking this kind of question?)

It seemed appropriate in the circumstances to give Sun to him, although Jupiter ruler of 10th could also apply....legal beagle in 5th house of pleasure and sex. Makes quintile to Moon, (not sure if this aspect is used in horary)
But I thought the conjunction Sun Moon was gonna be the clinching deal, but you say about combust Moon. Could it not be symbolic of a tumultuous and volcanic one night stand? :shock:

I'm equally curious of Mars (exalted in Cap) right bang on descent, ruling part of 10th (career) and 5th (pleasure)....

Gina

Hi Gina,

I would put the boss with the 10th house, Jupiter in dignity (and, as you say, in the 5th).

In either case, the answer would be 'no', IMO, she will not get him into bed. As I've mentioned before, the conjunction of the moon with the sun in a horary will outweigh any other factors; the power and light of the moon are utterly burned up. Boss-Man *may* be interested, being in the 5th, but Venus stands in dignity at the Midheaven: probably his wife, and in much better shape than the moon, being not only exalted but also in the sign of Boss-Man's rulership.

The Moon and the Sun conjoin in the 8th house: clearly a secretive or subversive intention, but the 8th is traditionally a very weak house for 'action'. The moon goes VOC after perfecting with the Sun, and then moves to Pisces, ruler of the boss. I would read this as the power of seduction being his to choose, or not.

The only aspects to choose between for the Moon and Jupiter are a long-past sextile, or a long-time-coming applying square (which would not perfect anyhow). If you use Regiomontanus houses, Mars is ruler of the 5th of pleasures (but not the 10th) and sits right on the descendant. I would posit that whilst your friend alleges that it is a 'bed only' type endeavour, she is aiming albeit unconsciously for something a little more permanent. In any case, this will come to naught as well, as Mars makes no more aspects to any of the players from Capricorn and is essentially void-of-course. The last aspect was a sextile from Venus: the wife.

The last thing to note is that Fortuna sits on her ascendant, and opposes this 7th house Mars: opposition to a malefic is perhaps a warning. With the planets stacked as they are, the best counsel you can give your friend is to keep her job safe and find someone more available! :???:

Hi Archergirl....this is all very interesting stuff.
I shall take it and digest it thoroughly along with the chart.

Thank you very very much.
I think I'll leave it till tomorrow before I break the news to her. (An extra night for fantasising) :lol:

Thanks again,
Gina.

I've gone through what you said Archergirl and found it a great lesson.
I think what the chart was showing in as much as the near conj. of Sun and Moon is how the key players were performing at the time. And because it was an approaching aspect I assumed (wrongly) that it hadn't happened as yet but was about to.
I shall take on board about New Moons in horary....had no idea.
This conj. put me right off the scent of Jupiter.
Moon was very apt for my friend....and you are right she wouldn't be happy with just a fling. She's admitted that she would get too emotionally involved. Hormones too a problem at the moment.
I also noted Neptune nearby (I know outers not used) Fantasising?
She has a first house natal Neptune.
I thought what you said about the 8th house was interesting...secret and subversive intention...but a weak house for 'action'....hmm

Sun does rule his 5th house, so when into Pisces, maybe as you say him calling the shots, or more in control of himself, hopefully he'll realise where his priorities lie. According to my friend he is just as bad at the flirting etc..
Also weak Saturn here opposing 8th house...putting a dampener on proceedings?

And of course his wife. Venus exalted. Apparently he has photos of her on his desk and she is supposed to be a very attractive woman.

Well Archergirl a big thankyou! If anything 'happens' you'll be the first to know.

Gina.

With the boss in the 5th house and dignified, he is most likely *quite* interested in slap and tickle: Jupiter and Sagittarius are not known for their restraint! It's just that the significators don't apply to one another in any sensible way, so it's not likely it'll develop further, especially as the moon has no power to act. The thing with the 5th is that it's about pleasure and entertainment, not about commitment.

Glad to help. Hope your friend works it out! :D