John Lennon

Take a look at John Lennon`s birth chart: 9 Oktober 1940, 18:30, Liverpool, England 53N25 02W55.
His Venus is totally weak: she is in Virgo, in the 6th house, no reception is to be found.. How could it happen to be, that a man who has such a Venus in his horoscope managed to compose songs like "Imagine" and become a professional world wide known musician whos music lives longer than he did?
Best regards

John Lennon's Venus is in sextile to his Mercury. That aspect represents the articulation (Mercury) of the aesthetic sense (Venus), and that they worked nicely together (sextile). Whether Lennon's music is the stuff of legend or a passing fancy is a value judgment made by others. His ability to convey whatever talent he has is shown by the above aspect.

Tom

Plus his moon is in the 10th, isn't that often an indicator of a person who desires the limelight and often gets it?
I used the following data:

Oct 9, 1940,
6:30 PM BST
Liverpool, England

With Placidus cusps that puts the Moon in Aquarius in the 11th house. Whole sign houses would have it in 11, too. Moon in 11 could potentially show great popularity, but I would expect to see more than that before making that judgment.

Tom
Last edited by Tom on Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The moon in the 11th also would have been the perfect manifestation of the idealism he expressed through songs like 'Imagine', especially being in Aquarius, the sign of brotherhood (and sisterhood for the PC amongst us). He was a flaming idealist.

Oops! That's right it is in the 11th. But it does seem to me that Venus is not always the signature for a singer, it seems to me that the mercury is more indicative of that. Any thoughts? Also, a lot of singers charts have Taurus in their charts (most often mercury and venus together) so maybe his saturn and jupiter in Taurus opposite the mercury have more to do with it?

Well, he wasn't exactly known for his singing voice, was he? Pavarotti he was not. However, of the Lennon/McCartney songwriting team, he was the one who wrote weightier, more cutting lyrics than McCartney, who was (and still is) a past master at fluffy songwriting.

John Lennon

Actually I didn`t mean that Venus alone may signify a singer as a profession. More than that I was talking about a person who dedicated his live to music, a Venus ruled thing (that is everything beautiful, arts are ruled by Venus). It seemed somehow unlogical to me that a person who has a weak Venus may have so strong relation to a Venus-ruled thing like music.
And when we speak about is planets in Taurus we should also look at the condition of their dispositor, that is Venus in Virgo, 6th house.
Best regards

Venus in Virgo in the 6th lacks both essential and accidental dignity. However Venus (beauty, aesthetics) rules so much in his chart. She is the ruler of an angle, the 7th, she disposits his ASC ruler, his angular Sun and the Jupiter-Saturn Conjunction he was born under. Venus is very busy in this chart. She is not, however, independent and strong, but she is very influential, and via Mercury finds it easy to express whatever it is she has.

Your question would be more difficult to answer if there were other planets in this chart that had a great deal of essential dignity, but there are none. In fact not one of the 7 classical planets is any of its own signs.

Tom

Archergirl,
interestingly I rarely like Lennons songs, I find them superficial, I generally like McCArtneys songs, I find them much deeper, but then people often attribute songs such as Yesterday to Lennon, who wrote Imagine (which is a lovely tune, but for which I totally disagree, and find extremely self centered. Yes I know many people disagree with me on that) And Hey Jude, which McCartney wrote for one of Johns sons.

flaming idealist may be one way to look at him, but I generally thought his actions did not match his words. but then I've been trying not to see artists as any more than their art lately, I think it is unfair to both the artist, and to myself to do so.

As to weak venus and strong musician, the charts I've looked at for singers seem to have strong Air sign connection, A few Algol connections, or strong Mercury/venus.
One thing I've been doing is just looking through birth lists to see who's DoB falls where (preferably ones that list at least the year as well as day) lately and its been interesting to see what falls where. And rather startling in some cases. The Algol connection really threw me for a moment or two.
Granny

I don't see that Venus alone signifies singing, I definately notice it more when in connection with Mercury. I've always thought of Neptune as more connected to singing, but then again it is an outer planet.