New car

Some question regarding electional astrology.

It's time to buy new car, my old one has 194k miles already and after regular oil change the recommended services/repairs total around $2000, which probably better spend on down payment for new car.

So, 3rd house ruling our vehicles in general and ruled by Jupiter in my natal, while Mars is general ruler of any machines. And both Jupiter and Mars now not in very favorable status where Jupiter on retro motion and Mars still in detriment in Taurus.

But at the same time Mercury is quick now and in own sign, though early September turns retrograde in Libra, which not good for signing documents, big purchases, etc.

So, this is a dilemma, with Sun now at my natal Mars creating some urgencies the hustling might create future problems...

What would be the best strategy to buy car from astrological perspective?

Re: New car

johannes susato wrote:
Yuriy wrote:So, 3rd house ruling our vehicles in general [...]
But cars can - and in my opinion should - be seen as part of the moveable
possession that is subject of the 2nd house.

In the literature the authors advocate different opinions.
Well, maybe to some extent, but 3rd house also associates with short trips, commuting to work place, etc.
Which is in modern society impossible without car or public transportation.

Same thing is about 3rd-9th axis. I believe any education goes by 3rd house.

The 9th house connection to higher education came from medieval time when universities were located far away and long trip required to get there.

Is any level of education in foreign country by 9th house?

Though, since my 2nd also ruled by Mars all situation about my car also obvious because Mars in detriment now and in tough aspects to some natal planets.

But if stick with 3rd house ruled by Jupiter, then Jupiter in natal is peregrine in Aries, ruled by Mars - same explanation.

I would focus most on making the Moon be in a good position and that the ascendant and its lord not be afflicted more than anything else. I also avoid putting malefics on angles. That alone is going to help the energy of an event chart. Mercury is the natural lord of cars so having it placed well is an added benefit as would be typical financial indicators. I purchased a good car back in 2019 and I bought it when Sagittarius was rising and Jupiter in the 1st house, also lording the 3rd. The malefics were not on angles. The Moon was in Aries and trining Jupiter. I haven't had any major issues and the car is fun to drive. I have driving anxiety and it has been lessened with this particular car. I would say I have a strong attachment to the car too. I paid off the car loan in a year.

Then again I have 5 fire planets and my ascendant lord is Moon in Sagittarius, so the fire influences were probably better for me.

Mine had Saturn in Cap lording the 2nd in the 2nd and it squared the 8th lord Sun on the MC but received it. I felt like I didn't get the best interest rate but I paid it off fast enough where it didn't matter much. The car was also a little pricey for the model but it was the only model I wanted locally and I didn't want to delay purchasing. In the scheme of things it was an affordable model.

Jupiter in natal is peregrine in Aries
Jupiter has triplicity dignity in fire signs, according to Dorthean triplicity lords, and I find it true in practice. My chart had Mars in Libra, so similar situation and I mainly wanted to keep it away from angles or lording important houses. The Moon was lorded by it but it was mitigated by Jupiter.

Thank you Tanit, I'll take all in consideration and look closer.

I've mentioned now are my Mars-Sun tensions and because Mars ruling 7th the situation getting even more complicated. Also Saturn involved with hard angles.

I was driving my wife's car mostly nearest days and all suddenly couldn't start her car. I thought it's battery problem but after body shop diagnostics came to major problems with steering wheel axis electrics and repairs is costly.
It worth to do repair because her car relatively new.
But with buying new car for me our expenses almost doubling...

Sun's got you feeling the pressure, but long-term concerns are also valid. Maybe it's a matter of finding the right balance. If Mercury's in your favor now, it could be worth checking out your options, gathering info, and maybe even test-driving during this window. You can put the wheels in motion without sealing the deal just yet. And hey, don't forget to factor in the practical stuff too. Like, does this new car align with your budget and lifestyle? I've heard people talk about transporting vehicles across country maybe that could play into your decision too. At the end of the cosmic day, while astrology might add some spice to your decision, your gut feeling and practical considerations should probably be the co-pilots in this journey.