Does anyone have any perspective on this square being more positive or likely having the same outcome. I used to write of squares entirely as a "no" but I'm trying to better understand the nuance.
This square you shared has mutual reception but additionally the querent and quesited are in each other's house and are gentle planets. If I have a chart where a career matter is Venus or Jupiter and there is aspect or they are in the 1st or 10th, it is rare to not see a positive result. When a 10th lord is in the 1st for a career matter, that is generally very good. There are exceptions, though. If the 10th lord were Mars or Saturn, I have seen negative results. I saw Deb comment that "Mars falls hard on the querent." The energy of those planets are more volatile, so being in your house can be an affliction. With mutual reception, the malefics can also still do harm. It is when they receive and the other planet doesn't receive them back is when they cause less harm or no harm (sometimes even good but not so much with a hard aspect).

One of the best things about your chart though is Sun in Leo in the matter. That would be associated with progress in career and would be benefic in nature.

There isn't an angular or afflictive malefic in sight either.
Here is Bonatti's Table of Perfection on the broken link Tanit is mentioning.
Thanks for sharing the table I have been missing terribly! I'm glad I have apparently committed it to memory.

Thank you so much for taking the additional time, Tanit- apologies on the delay as I didn't even see the message come through tbh.

I've seen you talk about the mars and Saturn aspect before and I recognize that is such a difficult one, burdensome. I have an informational interview for an SM role tomorrow at the same Bain company. it would be an external promotion.
Thank you!
WJ

Wisdom Joy wrote:I have an informational interview for an SM role tomorrow at the same Bain company. it would be an external promotion.
All the best in the interview tomorrow!

(I'm sorry to have clipped your detailed answers to my questions. But now:
the interview first!)

thank you for the help everyone, I passed the recruiters round and she (venus) will be willing to pass my CV on for a senior manager role. when I got on the call she wasn't convinced that I would be a good fit for the senior manager role, and I had to do some serious convincing when discussing my experiences.

a couple things that will be difficult to overcome: this role is based in the US and i'm in Canada- so leadership needs to be convinced to transfer it to Canada, she said she will talk to them and doesn't force a bit issue although it needs a formal ok.

they normally only hire previously Bain consultants for these roles, i'm a management consultant but not from from that firm.

either way she asked for a few edits for my cv and it will be passed along- fingers crossed as I'm really forcing this one. the person who will be reviewing it is a man, previous consulting experience, rose through the ranks quite fast and was previously in this role.
Thank you!
WJ

Progress is happening a lot faster than anticipated. Probably due to Mars being angular, I guess. I normally see with Saturn being involved that things take longer but Mars is often the opposite.

Good luck with the potential for this position. It does make sense given basically what I was saying about not being qualified but being lucky.

I too am shocked with the progress. For example, she emailed me within two days and I gave her a Friday and Monday to meet and she took the Friday slot.

Even our call was very let’s jump into this and figure it out. What’s interestin from your testimony, is that you said you probably won’t work for this company, Bain. So the position is definitely a Bain role BUT it’s an engine 2 company, meaning that it was acquired by them and it has another title. Don’t get my wrong, it’s still Bain but there’s a caveat. I find that very interesting given your testimony.

The other thing that stood out with your testimony is even if this role doesn’t work out they might be able to transfer me to another recruiter, (the someone else helping)

The third thing is the entertainment and children, apparently they are very heavily focusing on new market growth at this time. I’m assuming if we looked into the specifics those two would be in the bucket. They referenced entering the mattress industry, and that’s so specific to me.

Just a couple things based on your testimony that I’ve been able to link back to real life.

One additional point, this recruiter is a bit newer. I wonder if that’s why I got lucky and she passed me along. Don’t have any evidence for this just a though. She’s so sweet thought, assertive and determined but very kind. Fits Venus imo.
Thank you!
WJ

Update: Hiring team wants to meet, the recruiter emailed me earlier today to let me know. There are multiple candidates within the pool. one thing they did clarify was the experience with data mining and visualizations which was interesting.

my former director knows one of the cofounders so I made sure to reach out and ask for a connect. more to come.
Thank you!
WJ

Update: I found out more details on the role and the salary (it is shockingly low for what I expected) and I don't believe that this is the right next step. Additionally, I have to prepare for a case interview, for that work I might as well just apply back to consulting.

I have one additional meeting coming up but I'm likely to decline continuing in the process.
Thank you!
WJ

Wisdom Joy wrote:
Wisdom Joy wrote:Huge thank you for this additional knowledge, I actually use the same site to determine whether a chart is radical.

I understand the concept of the ascension but I'm having trouble with the dexter.

in this chart, its also an L10 matter but its a public award, this square is much more "positive though"

there's mutual reception between by term and face and moon is sitting in L1 and based on the analysis this would apply as long ascension, so in this case their may be a more positive outcome than the original chart.

what's interesting here is that the mars, the person reviewing the application is meeting a conjunction with L11, and it's her friend that wants to submit this nomination on behalf of her.
Does anyone have any perspective on this square being more positive or likely having the same outcome. I used to write of squares entirely as a "no" but I'm trying to better understand the nuance.

Update: this chart with the soft square rendered a negative outcome. The names were released for the award and I unfortunately didn’t get it.
Thank you!
WJ

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that I decided against moving forward with the role and I'm staying in consulting for the time being. So I'm going to be applying to BCG and Mck closer to the end of the year.

Quite a few things have changed for me but the projects that I'm currently on are very much strategy and operations focused and I'm getting much more into quant work than before and I'm getting good feedback so I either stay at my current role or move to a more prominent firm and that's what im thinking for right now.

Thanks all for the insight

WJ
Last edited by Wisdom Joy on Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you!
WJ

Appreciate your updates and follow up Wisdom Joy!
... just when Saturn L10 is turning Direct
Very appropriate to say that you can now 'move forward'.

Good luck in your next chapter!
Ouranos
Blessings!