Ron DeSantis

The governor of Florida is getting a lot of talk that he will run for president if Trump does not. DESantis was born 9/14/1978 in Jacksonville Fl. I don’t have a time but I do not see lots of ties to the United States chart. What do other people think? Thanks Amy
amy maddalozzo

amymaddalozzo wrote:
The governor of Florida is getting a lot of talk that he will run for president if Trump does not. DESantis was born 9/14/1978 in Jacksonville Fl. I don’t have a time but I do not see lots of ties to the United States chart. What do other people think? Thanks Amy

I have put up the chart as I think members are more interested in such questions with a chart displayed.

As the chart is untimed we dont know the angles or the exact position of the Moon so it is difficult to assess the chart without a rectification.

amymaddalozzo wrote:
I do not see lots of ties to the United States chart. What do other people think?
Can I request if you want to bring into discussion national charts with a nativity you open the discussion in the mundane forum in future?

On the topic of ''THE US chart'' are you aware there are several possible charts for the USA? For example charts for the Articles of Confederation (1781) and Constitution (1789). Also for the Presidency itself (POTUSA) chart? The actual votes for independence by the Continental Congress took place on July 1st and 2nd not July 4th. Several astrologers prefer those dates as pivotal. But if we restrict ourselves to just July 4th astrologers have proposed charts with Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius rising.

I am guessing though you just had in mind the popular Sibly chart as the supposed USA Chart? Lets work on that basis.

Without the angles or exact Moon position its really impossible to be definitive about anything. However, De Santis actually has several links to the Sibly chart although its debateable how positive they are.

DeSantis Moon-DeSantis has Moon in Aquarius like the Sibly chart. Its possible his Moon is actually conjunct the Sibly chart Moon. That would give this politcian a lot of public appeal.

DeSantis Sun Conj Sibly Neptune. Neptune is not generally seen as a powerful connection. However, in mundane terms it can represent political campaigns that are populist and/or based on religion. More negatively murky themes like corruption, scandal and sleaze.

DeSantis Uranus trine Sibly Sun.

DeSantis Neptune conjunct Sibly ASC. Repeating the theme of the DeSantis Sun Conj Sibly Neptune.

DeSantis Sun square Sibly Mars. Any President is the Commander in Chief. DeSantis has a background in the US Navy and Seals.

DeSantis Pluto conjunct Sibly Saturn. Pluto connections can indicate controlling power or nemesis.

As stated earlier dont have the angles of the DeSantis chart. These may (?) provide further synastry to the Sibly chart.

I hope thats given some more food for thought. But of course DeSantis may not run at all if Trump attempts a second term.

It might be better at this stage to see how how DeSantis fits in to the Republican party charts. However, I dont intend to get into that here as this is not the right forum for that. I would also prefer to wait and see if DeSatis even runs.

As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

amymaddalozzo wrote:
Marjorie Orr has a good analysis of the charts of the various candidates AMY
Ok. Marjorie Orr is great but like many I find her website a maze. Can you provide us with the link to this article?

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

James wrote:
mark

here is the link that amy refers to..

https://star4cast.com/us-politicians-jo ... g-goes-up/
Thanks James. I love Marjorie Orr's breezy way of rattling through all those charts with a quick evaluation on each natal chart. The way she can put out posts so quickly is impressive and suggests a strong Mercury in her chart. Just checked her on Astrodatabank: Mercury in Virgo conjunct Jupiter and the Sun with a Moon in Gemini. I dont know if you were aware she is Scottish? Judging by her posts though she is no fan of Scottish independence! https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Orr,_Marjorie

Mark

Ron DeSantis

Hello:

A while ago I took a look at the North Node placements of all the U.S. Presidents and there have only been two who have had their node in Virgo, one being Joe Biden. Virgo's service orientation would suggest that those who have it might lack the charisma that other nodal placements could possess and in JB's case I think it could be argued that he won the election by being the vote against Donald Trump.

I've misplaced my notes about all this so I don't remember the name of the other president (or because he was so immemorable?) but if I recall correctly all the presidents elected in the "age of television" (I believe I started with Eisenhower) have had Leo or Gemini north nodes (I ignored the house placement), another argument that charisma plays a large role in the election of a POTUS.

One of the things I find interesting about Mr. DeSantis' chart, though, is that there is one planet, which, if moved to a different sign, changes completely the timbre of the chart, which to me, seems quite dark and powerful. He appears to me to be a person on a mission so it's too bad we don't have the angles to further elucidate what that mission might be. Moving that one planet removes a lot of the gas in the tank and I think it would be questionable whether he would have gone into politics at all.

My one cent (two cents adjusted for inflation post-COVID). :)

Cheers
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

Ron DeSantis

Thanks James.

I looked JB and the others up on Astrotheme which uses the True Node which puts the node at at 0 Virgo. If using the Leo node it just adds more weight about charisma being important, I think.

Cheers.
The Moon is opposing Jupiter. Don't get involved, it's their problem. Jim Critchfield

James wrote:
astrodatabank has bidens north node in the last degree of leo and that is tropical zodiac... definitely in leo in sidereal... cheers james

https://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Biden,_Joe
The Astrodatabank chart for Biden uses the Mean Node in Leo while I assume Moonbright notes the so-called 'True' node in Virgo for Biden. This difference highlights why the mean or 'true' positions of the nodes are important. On the sidereal forum Linchi has shown rather conclusively that the Mean nodes give more correct readings for charts.

I have found this to be true when checking transits for important events in birth charts. The 'true' nodes are often off by some minutes or a degree or more compared to the Mean nodes which can be exact almost to the minute. I have given examples here on Skyscript, but don't remember their topic locations.
Last edited by Therese Hamilton on Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.snowcrest.net/sunrise/LostZodiac.htm

moonbright and therese

thanks!

moonbright - yes, i would characterize it that same way too...

therese,

i am sorry, but i am not convinced of linchis work on this as the definitive answer to this.. i can appreciate that you are, but i am not! thanks for taking a closer look and offering your viewpoint here... cheers james