The Science of Medical Astrology

The Science of Medical Astrology
Rameshrao N. and Alex Hankey
https://www.kobo.com/ca/fr/ebook/the-sc ... -astrology

A new book on Jyothsha Astrology: It's experimental proof in cell biology and the science behind it.
The book is an outgrowth of Rameshrao’s insights and PhD research combined with Alex Hankey’s scientific skills. It tells a simple story: first experiments on vaccination of sheep and goats were compromised by a deadly storm that killed a third of the flock. Resulting data were problematic. Friendship with the Director of the Institute producing veterinary vaccines for all Karnataka led Rameshrao to embark on a new series of experiments, where predictions were made about the success of such production processes. Very clear results were obtained: Jupiter and the Moon supported life, while Rahu, the North Node of the Moon, opposed it. Solar eclipses had even stronger inimical effects than Rahu.

Rameshrao’s research was much acclaimed and won him the Best Research in Conference Award at the WAIRCO Conference in Colombo in 2013. Alex developed a theory combining complexity biology and quantum astrophysics that India’s greatest living physicist could not fault. The rest is history, compellingly narrated in the book.
Blessings!

Very interesting paper. Thanks for pointing it out Ouranos.

note: this is edited since the original posting, it may not make a lot of sense unless you read the referenced paper.

Since they were using RahuKala in their muhurtas for the experiments I double checked the astrological values in Chapter 6 as best I could. The eclipse dates and rising signs I also double checked. They are correct except the solar eclipse on page 46
The First Solar Eclipse Experiment (Monday 20.05.2012):
May 20th, 2012 is a Sunday not a Monday. The date is incorrect but the day of the week is right. The actual eclipse took place on Monday, May 21st, 2012 in Bangalore at 5:17 IST. Just a typo on the date...

Only on page 47 were specific times given for RahuKala:
'Rahukala lasted from 7.40 am to 9.10 am.'
Monday May 21st, 2012 RahuKala by my calculation lasted from 7:30am - 9:05am. This minor difference could be accounted for by which Panchanga (Almanac) was used by the authors; note there are many different Panchanga published in India and not all are always to the highest standard.
All other RahuKala and rising times were approximately described in the text.

For those that are not familiar with the RahuKala concept in Indian astrology it is avoided when selecting elections (muhurtas). RahuKala is almost never used outside Indian electional (muhurta) astrology. This period of the day is considered extremely unlucky. No new enterprise should be started during this time.

The computation for RahuKala is essentially the same as that used to determine the longitude of several of the Shadow Grahas (Upagrahas) like Gulika where the last part of the day or night has no lord.

RahuKala should not be confused with Rahu, or the North Node of the Moon in its role as a Planet (graha). They are distinctly different.
Last edited by AJ on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.