Malaise in Astrology

Article in 'Sur l'agora' (2017) by Normand Baillargeon, philosopher, essayist and columnist.
Partially translated and Note: added
-----------------------------------------

Malaise in Astrology (Original 'Malaise en Psycho')
---------------------------
Brian Nosek, professor and researcher in the Department of Psychology at the U of Virginia, in U.S. convinced 270 of his colleagues from nearly 30 countries to work with him on a project to reproduce the results of research in psychology.
It was an attempt to review 100 studies recently published in 3 reputable journals dealing with general, social and cognitive psychology.
The project was launched in November 2011. Results began to appear in 2015 and were published in August 2015 in the journal Science.
While 97% of published research originally reported statistically significant results, this was only the case for 36% of it when it was reproduced.
Note: I am thinking of the astrology cookbooks where they tell us that a planet in a sign gives this behavior but in practice you constantly see that the person does not correspond to this.

Let's take 2 examples
**A research had suggested that we would be more inclined to share our opinions with a group of people who have the same feelings. Brian Nosek wanted to verify this assertion.
**Another research: Women, more than men, when interacting with someone of the opposite sex, have the ability to distinguish between cues that indicate friendship and those that indicate sexual attraction.
Only one of these two studies has been successfully replicated. Which do you think? (Answer at the end of this article)

The numerous debates that followed, in scholarly journals and even in the mainstream medias, were all the more acrimonious in that psychology, in recent years, has experienced setbacks of this kind (Note: astrology as well!), in particular due to the impossibility of reproducing certain results which are nevertheless accepted by the profession, or even presented in textbooks.
The case of a Yale University researcher, John A. Bargh, caused a stir when they could not reproduce his result published in a famous article, quoted nearly 2,000 times, which maintained that using relative words to old age encouraged subjects to walk more slowly when leaving the laboratory.
This discrepancy may also be due to faulty statistical analysis or sampling. Or again, depending on the evaluation method used.
Daniele Fanelli, a researcher at Stanford University in California, suggests that research in cancer biology is not faring much better than that in psychology, is she right? And what about research in economics or pharmacology. Note the organizational and financial context in which scientific research activities typically take place. An observation, imperfect no doubt, but with means to improve, if only we want to.

Oh! I almost forgot: it's the research on reading the signals (of friendship or sexual) by women more than men that has been successfully reproduced!
Blessings!

Mailaise?

I am not sure I understand what you mean by Malaise -

And you don't seem to cite astrological data in your post.

So...what causes Malaise and what planets and aspects and transits do you believe contribute to this state of mind?

LYN
The universe doesn't care if it inconveniences you.

I am not sure I understand what you mean by Malaise -

And you don't seem to cite astrological data in your post.

So...what causes Malaise and what planets and aspects and transits do you believe contribute to this state of mind?
Malaise in the sense that assertions made in astrology cookbooks cannot be reproduced... if we follow the model of the experiment in the Journal Science!
The article I translated was made for researches in psychology but it does seem to apply to astrology as well.

One of the problem I see in astrology is that we are very good to split the elephant into small pieces but when it comes to assemble it back into something that looks like a very specific elephant, we are unable to do so simply because we do not understand how these pieces relate together to form an ensemble.
An astrologer with the Moon in Capricorn in the 10th House once told me 'I have some kind of authority and fame on the social level'.
Hem! I understood that he saw the 10th House as representing 'fame and success' as he had learned in cookbooks. And he was not able to incorporate something extra - the Moon in Capricorn - in the equation.
The truth is that he was a contractual with the government, on and off, ever changing with the tides and the needs of the government for his employment.
Nothing close to being successful and famous!

The malaise comes not so much from aspects, planets or transits but more in our 'inability' sometimes (and I include myself in this) to create a portrait of the chart in front of us. And for this when you look at anything specific in a chart, it has to be related to the greater whole.

Think for a moment that we are very different than the Egyptians or the Greeks because the Gods were living with them. They were connected straight with the Cosmos. So 'individuality' was not a concept so important for them because they were being part of a 'collective soul'. And some countries are still attached to this collective soul today. But the destiny of humankind is telling us to use our freedom and become each and every one of us 'individual'.
Rudolf Steiner tells us that Saturn, the outermost planet in our solar system... before everything else Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and all the asteroids company, that Saturn is the ethereal fluid imagined as pervading the cosmos. like an akashic record of our ancestors. So, if we look at Saturn in Leo, you understand that this person in this lifetime came to Earth with the mission to strengthen his will power by invoking his ancestors. Not to deny them or feel like a victim but to adopt a memory of everything they have done before him.
If we look at the recent SA/JU/PL conjunction in the Capricorn constellation (Sidereal), we have a lineage in the past of Beethoven, Kipling, Gounod, Marx, Lindbergh, Swedenborg, Wagner, Kierkegard, Taylerrand who all came up before us and showed us how 'spiritual forces' of the cosmos can be used to solve the 'organizational problems' society is facing today. And those born in the early 1961 with Jupiter/Saturn in Capricorn can easily relate to the current events. But maybe I am digressing from the original post.

Thank you for your reply Lyn!
Blessings!