Pluto Returns in Ancient Rome, England and the USA

I am giving a link to a very interesting article by the American mundane astrologer Ray Grasse on the effects of Pluto returns on the Empires of Ancient Rome and Great Britain. He speculates on the possible effects on the US Pluto return in 2022-2023 and makes some prescient observations. The article originally appeared in the Mountain Astrologer in 2019.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/tma_art ... W_nJNQSeb0

Mark
Last edited by Mark on Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

thanks mark

i enjoyed the article obviously written by an ''american'', but maybe limited by this fact too.. a lot of the themes presented are being faced by the globe and not just the usa, but still, i liked the article and thought he covered a lot of bases to present his thoughts on the idea of a pluto return very well..

Mark,
Interesting article by Ray Grasse.
Obviously America is facing a historic rebirth challenge.

On the mundane level, André Barbault wrote an article in L'Astrologue no 23, 1973 about the Nodes of the planets. I have not delved into the study of it but he brushed off an hypothesis that changes are more important when events happen near these Nodes.
Just throwing a few here
- Covid SA/PL conjunction on the South Node of SA and PL
- Ukraine War with MA/PL on the South Node of SA and PL
- Reversal of Roe vs Wade MO/UR/NN on MC on the North Node of Mercury and Mars

Here are the approximate North Node of the planets
Mercury 17 Tau
Venus 16 Gem
Mars 19 Tau
Jupiter 10 Can
Saturne 23 Can
Uranus 13 Gem
Neptune 11 Leo
Pluton 19 Can

Blessings,
Ouranos
Blessings!

James wrote:
thanks mark
i enjoyed the article obviously written by an ''american'', but maybe limited by this fact too.. a lot of the themes presented are being faced by the globe and not just the usa, but still, i liked the article and thought he covered a lot of bases to present his thoughts on the idea of a pluto return very well..
Ray Grasse is indeed an American. You almost make that fact sound like an accusation James? lol, :D

But I get what you mean. American mundane astrology can be rather myopic at times focusing almost exclusively on the US as if it is the centre of the earth.

Still, from an astrological perspective I dont quite agree that what the USA is going through is necessarily all applicable globally. The US charts for 1776 (take your pick) face not just a Pluto return but also a Neptune opposition. The latter last occured in the USA prior to the Civil War.

Mark
As thou conversest with the heavens, so instruct and inform thy minde according to the image of Divinity William Lilly

hi mark

must be my moon in scorpio rising coming thru, lol... glass half full, looking at the dark side of things, etc. etc. i was trying to find where i had mentioned something about a 250 year cycle and this at skyscript the past few years...

https://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10928

there you are challenging me again, lolol! i don't know what i would do without you! you force me to drill down deeper into this astrological stuff!

the way i see it, a person watching world events unfold could be accused of thinking the usa is struggling here and that they have been for some time.. you know - world power looks like it is being challenged... supremacy of the us$ as fiat world currency, the un status, bretton woods agreement which set up usa to take over from uk as the imperialistic world power, exporting its brand of democracy and freedom at the point of its military supremacy and etc. etc... seems like the pedals have fallen off the rose so to speak..

being a contrarian canuck who thinks the ponzi scheme of world empire is breaking up, i could be accused of having it in for the usa.. the msm is a part of the same ponzi scheme and it seems to be falling back on censorship and tactics designed by the intel agencies more then any ideal of freedom and democracy at this point...

all the conflict over identity - gender and what colour your skin is and etc. etc. - that is also going on all around the globe, or especially in the west as i see it, so i don't think that is particular to the usa...

so to summarize - the financial change is long overdue.. the usa using financial sanctions as a sledge hammer to get what it wants and expecting all of its poodles to support it is one of the signs of a falling empire... same deal an obsession with identity politics which is a complete distraction from the more pressing concerns of people living on the street or worse... if this doesn't all encapsulate the symbolism for pluto on some sort of death spiral, i am not sure what does! and again, although i do think the usa is pivotal here, i do believe the usa's leadership and role for the past 75 years in particular since the 2nd world war, indicate a break down, as opposed to a strengthening of its position on the world stage...

and yes, i think many of the issues the fellow who wrote the article discussed are applicable outside the usa too...

so, lets agree to see it slightly differently here!

cheers
james